Test Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

The point 50 point shooting minigame will get stale very fast. Is there any way to decrease the amounts to complete?

Wouldve also loved if these minigames are multiplayer and have some type of scoreboard that erases daily so people can compete and maybe the leader of the day gets emailed a gift or something like that every 24hrs...
    • Like x 1
  2. Leda New Player

Hi!

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated :). I did manage to get it - I believe my issue was that I left my superspeed mode on the whole time.

Devs - May I please suggest any of the following updates for this game and the associated perfect run feat:
    • Allow movement mode to stay on the whole time (and as long as I'm on the green tile at the appropriate time it counts for the feat); or
    • Update the instruction box in the game to include this information (It currently says "Hint - Try activating your movement mode" which implied I could leave it on the whole time to achieve the perfect run); or
    • Update the feat description to accurately reflect that I need to turn movement mode off for the feat to count.
    Thank you for your consideration!
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

Hey Jackfrost, oh dear, I am so happy you added Donna and Cassie but why this personality?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Eve YouTuber

Maybe next year they can add one or two games that are multiplayers and have to work together to beat them(Maybe as weeklies) but it could be frustrating with players not following what needs to be done
    • Like x 1
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

I have to mention, that i wrote "deactivate superspeed" for the following reason:

The platform you´re standing on while playing the minigame, and the actual fields platform (panels) do have seperate collisions, if we look at superspeed it can cause issues with player position data, since it might detecting the wrong closest surface to connect or superspeed is not detecting it as "ground".

However i believe it can work with keeping superspeed activated but the results might be inconsistent and therefore i suggested to deactivate it. I tought that people should be ok with that compromise and i don´t have debug information if thats really the case.

If so, it could be avoided but it would take alot of work depending on how its created so far.

Let´s have Jack taking a look at it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

A-hole Donna is definitely out of character! They should move that over to Beastboy. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  7. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Thanks for the List!
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I mean she acted like this in the recent Artemis #1 comic that got released LOL but yeah not fitting at all xD
    • Like x 2
  9. JackFrost Developer

That was a goal for this year, but unfortunately the schedule isn't going to allow it. I'm hoping it's an improvement we can make for next year.
    • Like x 2
  10. JackFrost Developer

Just wanted to confirm that you should be able to get credit for Scooch Your Booty scoring and the "perfect score" for the feat whether you're in super-movement mode or not.
    • Like x 3
  11. JackFrost Developer

I think I found a bug with one of the 9 "squares" related to this minigame that could cause this, and am working on a fix now. Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 2
  12. Leda New Player

Thank you for the confirmation regarding the movement mode and for looking into this one!

I saw the announcement about hotfix to test server that seemed to address this so I jumped back on and tried the feat again with another toon. I was able to get it first attempt with my movement mode on the whole time so it seems all good to me now.

Thanks again for your time looking into this :)
  13. JackFrost Developer

Awesome, thanks for confirming!
  14. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's great to see the adjustment, I just have a question: Is the purple tile supposed to turn blue before turning green?
    I expect it to be like purple > green but now blue is sandwiched between them, which doesn't feel intentional.
  15. JackFrost Developer

I did leave the blue in the middle there. If it's too confusing, I can look at changing it. I'll keep an eye on the other live thread once it goes live today. Thanks for the feedback!
  16. SilkyPawz Bunny

After running the Seasonal Alert, There is No Roleless Buff, you won't always get a role wondering if this will be fixed. We are Not getting any prestige like other Seasonals Events give prestige this one is Not giving prestige.

Thank you
    • Like x 3
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Random idea for next year: A "Level 2" of the current games that are slightly more difficult (like hard mode) for perhaps more scoring feats? Or just for fun of added challenge. As much as I absolutely love the simplicity, it got stale rather quick (still great job though!).

Just a random thought.
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Scooch your booty touching every green square without touching the red squares does not seem to work. :(

EDIT' on USPS4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.