Test Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The way these game domes are setup just feels really weird to me. Only one person can be in a dome at a time. If multiple people go for the same node and console at the same time, only one of them is going to get to play the game. Everyone else in the dome area gets teleported back to Titan Tower which doesn't feel great.

My initial expectations for these domes is that multiple players would be able to compete at one time and players could compete to see who could get the best score. Sadly that doesn't appear to be true. I thought it would be neat if multiple people could participate in that 9 square game.

As is, this area is supposed to be a big party, but you end up doing most of your partying alone in the open world area.

These domes also have weird clipping issues. You can end up getting stuck when one of them respawns on top of you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    On the topic of multi-player events, a flying race seems like it would be a great fit for this area. I can see some opportunities where a flight race could be interesting with the general layout of the island being what it is.
    • Like x 2
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, multi-player games were something I had originally considered, but there would be issues with bad actors coming in and messing it up for players who want to play the game alone. For example, there are feats a player might want to get that could be sabotaged by a player who was just wanting to disrupt another player's experience. So, the compromises I made were to reward getting bounced out of the dome (via a feat), and also I made sure there are enough mini-games spawned so that every player on the zone can play one if they want to... though they admittedly have to spread out and find them.

I'm not sure whether I can fix the clipping issues, but I'll give it a look.

Thanks again!
  4. L T Devoted Player

I managed 6 or 7 different ones with a radar detector when I tested. one was gold-- not the one from the broker. two were red, and the others were green (which seemed to be the most common).

Having 2 golds seems confusing.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    The "information" panels only spawn after the game has started for everything I've tested. It would be nice if you could interact with them prior to playing the game:

Would it be possible to add the game goal in the section where the right-side mission objective list typically goes?
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    These mini-games could use some type of "scoring system" text. The only way you know you are earning points is if you have the relevant daily mission active. Something along the lines of scoring mission objective text from the first room of Legion: HQ Orientation would work well here.

It would encourage some players to go for high scores.
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Probably not this year, but could there be a multi-player zone next year in addition to solo ones?

Is the plan to have the same 3 games each year or will there be new ones in future instalments?

I'm slightly concerned with Static's game being colour-blind unfriendly but I don't speak for that community and haven't done a thorough check yet.
  8. JackFrost Developer

It's hard to know how much we might be able to add/change between years, but we have some thoughts on some of what we'd like to do if we expand Homecoming in future years.

Regarding the colors in the Scooch Your Booty minigame, I'd love to hear any feedback on the topic from anyone that does have color-blindness.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

May I ask why Donna & Cassie, Mostly Donna who is a OG Titan and like close to Starfire in the comics, were excluded? It really makes me sad because Donna Troy does not get enough support from DC Comics in general :(
    • Like x 2
  10. JackFrost Developer

We have a big cast for this event, so it was going to be hard to fit in everyone (particularly to have everyone voiced). I'll see if I can sneak them in for the party and hub. Sorry they won't be more featured here!
    • Like x 3
  11. Imaginos Dedicated Player

This isn't the first time there has been a dearth of information in this game on various things and it doesn't stop there. There is NO instructions for the scoot booty panel game at all that I could get to work. If I went to a carnival and some carnie wanted me to play a game without telling me how it works, I'd tell them to go screw themselves and leave. Why are you devs so terrible about putting information in the game?

Also your collection drop rate is terribly messed up. After gathering for a bit I ended up with 5 of the 12 items needed. Now one of those items sells for 100 tickets (which you may not even be able to gather if you're only getting 6 per day + whatever the 4 man gives you). These were the only ones that dropped for me and 2 of them are "purple".

• Gravitational Mas Y manos (purple) - got 6 of them.
    • Black Hole Friday Carol (green) - got 6 of them.
    • Planet Red X (purple) - got 4 of them.
    • Alien Hive Mind (green) - got 8 of them
    • Dr Light Speed (green) - got 12 of them
    These were no Shows:
    • TerraFirma
    • Ko"mandar's War and Trade
    • Mad Lunar Module
    • Gizmo INC Satellite
    • Mothership May I Pie
    • Mission Control Freak
    So just over half of the collection never dropped at all out of 36 attempts. I checked the broker and none of them were for sale either.
    • Starship Fire - This one costs 100 tickets. Rather pricey at 6 tickets a day and impossible to get if it only runs for 2 weeks...not counting the 4 man of course as I couldn't get the queue for that to even pop to see how many tickets it rewards.
    I also couldn't test the aura as there doesn't seem to be an npc that sells the tickets and of course I couldn't get the other collection items to drop.
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Nice!

On a positive note it's fun to see carnival games instead of just bog standard combat. Would have been nice to have more of them. Maybe like the transform into a lobster and push spheres into holes....different of course but that was a fun little thing in Silent School 4 man.
  13. yotrooper13 New Player

is there any possible way we could get the blackfire outfit that her model wears to be one of the rewards in the vendors?
  14. L T Devoted Player

FEEDBACK
    You should STRONGLY consider changing the name of this event. Alternately, you could adjust the profanity filter to allow "Homecoming" in chat.

It's pretty ridiculous to read "Looking for 1 more for h$#@&*ming"
  15. AerynDC Developer

Like most seasonals, Collection pieces drop off the Seasonal Boss ("Blackfire") and others drop from Final Bosses throughout the game.
  16. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Can you tell us which ones drop off of Blackfire? I sat around on test for over an hour queued up for the seasonal and it never popped so I can't test that. :(
  17. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I tried a colorblind simulator (Normal > Blue-blind > Green-blind > Red-blind)
    Seems to me the cyan-ish is hard to spot on all of them, maybe update the colour a bit? Use the moving square pattern from Legion's Lightning Lad's Pads to differentiate a bit more.

[IMG]

Alert-wise, should Blackfire have some sort of immunity while players have to hide behind shields? Felt like too easy to burn through and ignore mechanics. I'm not sure how anyone will be able to die in there except by adds swarming,
  18. RTX Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Homecoming: Titans Island
    • Gravitational Mas Y manos
    • Black Hole Friday Carol
    • Planet Red X
    • Alien Hive Mind
    • Dr Light Speed
    • Mission Control Freak
    Homecoming: Party at Titans Tower (Blackfire):
    • Mothership May I Pie
    • Ko"mandar's War and Trade
    Final Bosses troughout the game (T1+ , possibly lower)
    • Mad Lunar Module
    • Gizmo INC Satellite
    • TerraFirma
    • Like x 2
  19. Leda New Player

Hi there,
    I have been trying out the carnival games and I'm not sure if the scooch your booty game is working correctly. I tried two different spawns to get the "perfect" game (going for the feat) and it did not grant me this part of the feat. In total I believe I ran three "perfect" instances. In each instance, I ran (super-speed) to the blue panel and stood on it until it turned green and disappeared. I did not get thrown off the board in any of these runs (which would be the tell-tale that you stood on a red?) and I didn't step on yellow tiles at all on the final attempt I did.

Can someone please check if this is working as intended? (And if it is, please let me know if I've completely misinterpreted what I was supposed to do in this game.)

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  20. RTX Well-Known Player

Hey Leda!

[IMG]

It works fine, however there is some information you might could need.

1. Stand on the middle field (logically the smallest distance to all other fields and sometimes will be the right spot and you wont have to move)
    2. Activate Superspeed to get to the next random blue field
    3. Deactivate Superspeed
    4. Make sure you been on the field before it turned "light green" (Mix of blue and green field)
    5. Wait till the field becomes green and the red fields disappear
    6. Activate Superspeed and return to step 1.

[IMG]

Make sure you get all 25 fields, repeat till you got it. Important, stand on it before it turns "light green", 100ms before its green won´t count. Edit: You can walk over the yellow fields. After field 20 you will have to be really quick! Enjoy.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.