Test Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    On some of these game spawns, the surrounding dome likes to disappear a lot:
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Sometimes when you are playing the Titan Drone Shooting game, you get these several second long pauses in between waves:

They make you wonder whether the game is over or not.

Also, you can exit "Turret Form" and kill the Drones manually. The Drones don't see to have as much health as the 1/2/3/4/5 targets from the Boulder game.
  3. JackFrost Developer

Odd. Is that exclamation point you can see on the minimap in the video where she was located? Looking into it either way. I suspect someone was able to move her with spawned rigid bodies. Thanks for the report(s)!
    • Like x 1
  4. JackFrost Developer

I'll follow up about these with the team. Thanks for the report! Fwiw, I believe there is not a planned Vault for this event this year.
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I looked around and didn't see Raven anywhere.

I did see one person pushing all of the NPCs into one big clump, but Raven wasn't among them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kurama Active Player

The same thing just happened to me .
    • Like x 1
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

You´re not alone, TLantern went trough it too.
    Edit: Raven is out of the shadows and back at her original spot.

I´m doing it on Test, so that the black hats won´t be able later on Live. And yes, rigid bodies could be a keyword there;)

I should copyright that.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

I had the same issue (PC Version). I went back to my base, returned to Titans and she was there. This kind of reminds me of one of the extra mission kiosks in the last episode (when it was on a roof).
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

Well im unsure, if you understood that it was done by hacking?

However since they´re rigid bodys with a collision, they could also collide with other rigid bodys (Beach Ball, and other movable objects)
    In game development there are many methods to avoid that. Lets keep Raven as example, she is made of the rigid body (bones) since you will need them for animations, those bones are connected with the mesh (her visible body) kinda like our skin and a collision shape (leg size, arm size, head size etc.) to tell the other objects/walls in the game what to collide with.

The best method, which is done different in here, would be by only keeping the mesh "her skin" and removing the collision shapes, that would cause people to walk thru the body, but since those NPCs should not move around you would go and put a simple clip around them like a box/cube, then the CPU wouldnt have to calculate unneccessary collision data, leading to reduced draw calls which drastically improve performance (The GPU is calculating the mesh/skin that can have thousands of vertices, however if the CPU has to calculate the same...then its slowing down) Reduced draw calls obviously by merging collisions, in general developers shouldnt have models seperate, only as backup...while the end product should be combined. Talking about a 40%+ difference in performance.

Last part been more a note for Jack Frost
    • Like x 1
  10. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

+1 vote to change this.
  11. Sleeping Forest Active Player

Is it intended that the queue up for the new seasonal is gated by doing the daily missions?
  12. NeoSelkie Active Player

I would also be in favor of changing this so you don't have to do the dailies.
  13. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player

Please change it.
  14. Supaj New Player

+1 for removing the mission dependency. Hoping this event can align with the others. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  15. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

I have to agree with this^^ I don't personally like this either and this isn't well accepted by the community either, plus this is an event to be gated from doing the open world first before the alert not everyone likes or might want to do the open world.
  16. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Would be nice if you could change it , thank you
  17. L T Devoted Player

Do some of the collections drop only from the alert or did I just have bad luck in the open world?
  18. L T Devoted Player

Also, if the intent is do get players to do the open world and then q the alert, other seasonals encourage this by giving an extra mark or 2 for doing things in that order and completing the mission.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I did see several collection spawns in open world. That relies on you using Batman's passive and being the only person in the phase.

I did have fairly bad luck though. I collected 22 pieces and only found 4 unique ones.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Thanks! Got a fix for this lined up to go to the test server when we get a build.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.