Test Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Aug 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hello!

We're excited to present our new Seasonal event: Homecoming!

When you log in, you should get a mission/communicator message from either Starfire or Terra leading you to Titan's Island, where there are a couple of daily missions: one centered around three carnival mini-games, and one centered around Tamaranean invaders.

Continuing on, there is a 4-player Alert that takes place in Titan's Tower, meant to be similar in scope and difficulty as most other seasonal instances. Note that currently, the Alert will only show in the On Duty menu once you've been told to go there as part of Starfire/Terra's mission.

There is a new seasonal currency and new Homecoming-themed seasonal rewards as well.

Please use this thread to discuss any feedback you have about anything related to the new Homecoming Seasonal content and rewards, whether it's bug reports or general feedback.

Thanks for your help in testing this new content, and I hope you enjoy!
    • Like x 3
  2. Eve YouTuber

Took us awhile to realize you need to do the missions first before you can queue up. Not an a big deal, though. My biggest issue is that people speedhack the event on test. Going to report this, but this is super irritating.
    • Like x 5
  3. BumblingB I got better.

OMG... Why?! That's just really sad...
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

Their response to us kicking them from the group? "I had to do it".
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was no announcement screen upon log in. Is it still in the works or is it just missing?
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can the camera from the minigame that lets you throw meteors at target plates be slightly adjusted? Its too close and feels weird.
  7. Eve YouTuber

In the alert when Superboy is talking on the communicator, you see his old model not new one.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I really don't like that the alert is gated by completing the open world missions first. It is making forming teams really awkward because you can't tell who or who hasn't finished the prerequisites to be able to queue in. All the UI gives you is a generic error message.
    • Like x 3
  9. JackFrost Developer

Good call out. We'll get this fixed. Thanks!
  10. JackFrost Developer

Good catch. I'll get a fix submitted. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  11. JackFrost Developer

Unfortunately this isn't something that we'll likely be able to change for this year's homecoming event. Sorry!
    • Like x 1
  12. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback! We'll see how other folks feel too, but I'm open to possibly changing it, and will discuss with some teammates.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I agree with Penryn, at first my group wasnt able to queue it and thought it was either a bug that some of us couldn’t see it or it was cr related, if it’s possible could it be changed to free queue and add a “story order” queue like some of the existing seasonals? (Like do open world first then alert)

on a semi off tangent, I haven’t looked at the currency amount for a daily comparison vs the other seasonals, but if the currency seemed low, u could easily add a few currency to be an incentive to do open world first then alert
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Hey JackFrost! Two questions:
    1) Why is there no gear drops from the alert?
    2) Any chance we are getting a vault with this event or not this time around?
  15. Eve YouTuber

Since Donna & Cassie are not apart of the event and they ARE Titans, maybe add them with a new game next year as a bow game or something? It would be cool and refreshing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

• I could hear no music playing on Titans Island, is there no background ambience?
    • Collection spawns seem to be scarce, only found 1-2 nodes in 20 minutes or so.
    • Starfire doesn't say anything when interacted with after completing missions.
    • Would be nice if we could interact with other NPCs to hear their voice lines, but I suppose that's a bit of a hassle to make at this point. Same goes for new briefing/investigation. :oops:
    • Miss Martian's dialogue line incorrectly spells out "Starefire's Homecoming".
    :oops::oops::oops:
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Could we give Blackfire more health in her fight? From what I experienced, even with a average group, the fight never lasted enough (15-20 seconds) to care much about her mechanics or what they were.

I know this is a light hearted seasonal but I figured she would have a health hold point ( like Aquaman or Orm in the summer seasonal) or more health to showcase her mechanics a bit.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Raven has gone missing:
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I feel like this is going to be annoying on Live:

If multiple people go for the same spawn point, only one person gets to participate and everyone else gets warped back to Titan Tower.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you Warp Rally while playing the Turret Game, you still end up in Turret form after warping:

EDIT:
    Same thing happens with some of the other game types.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.