A simple and silly request about a title.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GermanM, Aug 14, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

I know this may be nothing to a lot of people but... Can we have a title that says the age of our characters?' something like... "I have 7 years" or "6 years fighting for the multiverse" or maybe "8 years hero (or villian)"

Means nothing, i know, but i think will be nice show people how old our characters ar and since when where are in the game.

The title can update every year and stuff...

Thanks in advance.
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    It doesn't matter how old your toon is. You're probably just as poop as the other 95% of the population and thats how you will be viewed. Acceptance is hard.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Or just have a star on each side of your name based on comic book eras. Going from youngest to oldest...

Platinum - Bronze - Silver - Gold
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cute, but as someone can have the 1 year cape and not have played for the last 10 years, not sure that it would mean anything really.

Not against it, but again...what would it really mean if you used one?
    • Like x 2
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's some peacocking...which is what most of any sort of title or cosmetic does the in game. Or things like nice clothing, houses, cars, or any other luxury item. "Look how cool I am!" It's a natural human inclination.

Or, as the kids call it, dripping. Or having the drips. Something about leaking water.
    • Like x 4
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Just celebrating your toon and how long they've been around. That's all it's really meant to be, just a little celebration and reorientation of dedication and time. Just like any other title, as Hrae says. Fools's idea could also be fun. I do wish the game could tell you the date of creation and age of a toon without having to dig through feats or headlines to find the earliest date. No real reason or purpose other than it can be fun to look back on and celebrate such things. Maybe it could be under your stats.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

They had the 1 year cape from their first anniversary event. They had the cake with a 2 on it for the 2 year anniversary. I don't remember the others. 5 year fireworks trinket maybe?
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

The 10th year stuff, too, though that more just shows the account existed since at least the 10th anniversary, not how long it's existed overall or how old an individual toon is.
  9. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

They can?

I have the One Year Anniversary Cape on my main only and do not have the option to unlock it on any of my other characters. How can someone who did not buy the game and did not pay the required subscription in order to play the game like I did back in 2011 get the One Year Anniversary Cape for their character?

I am very interested to know. :)
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh....Yeah....I got 'the drips' but normally I'd say that's a bad thing. My old lady says it is at least.

Who knew I was so cool? Neat.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So if you paid for and played the game through to day 366 of the game's launch....got the cape on whatever toons you could when it was gifted to members, then quit playing on day 367....and NOW just came back to the game yesterday. Would you still have the cape on that/those toons? Could you put it on? Would it tell anyone about your play time or skill level? How are those artis from 10 years ago, or SP, or experience with new mechanics, power interactions, weapon combos or all-over playstyles?

I didn't say you could unlock it, I said you could have it and have never played since. How is that untrue? How is that related to new alts? I'd guarantee there are 100s(maybe 1000's) of people who have the cape from year one and haven't touched the game for at least 8 or 9 years because I know a few of them myself. I'd guess they couldn't come back tomorrow and get right into SM....even if they wore their cape.

You know...come to think of it, I don't ever remember anyone in LFG shouting 'PST with CR, sp, artis AND if you have the 1 year cape or not'. So I guess it doesn't say as much as you'd think.

SIDE NOTE: If you feel like selective quoting someone, at least grab enough to get the main point of the post.
  12. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

It happens to the best of us. Our fingers sometimes cannot keep up with what we're thinking when we're writing and even after carefully proofreading what we've written we can miss something that in hindsight seems so obvious. I see that here.

However, I am not entirely to blame. Perhaps it would benefit everyone to use less ambiguous language when expressing an idea so that what is written is more direct, more clear to the reader in effort to avoid such misunderstandings? I think so.

But, as I already, stated, it happens to the best of us. No harm, no foul I think.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Accepted. Although I'm not sure how ..."as someone can have the 1 year cape and not have played for the last 10 years" with no mention of alts or unlocking....was ambiguous....but yeah, innocent misunderstandings can happen.

No harm indeed.;)
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Heck, why not go an extra mile and have an option to toggle/show "Creation Date" and/or "Total Play Time" on the inspect screen XD

That'll show em.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kreachure Committed Player

maybe a veteran title or something idk about specific years
  16. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Although it is not exactly the same thing as you suggest, other MMOs have a feature where when you type "/played" in any chat window it will show the total amount of time that character has been logged in. Only the player can see this information but it does provide total 'play time' up to the current second.

To see creation date however, you still need to find the earliest Achievement earned in the Achievements Screen. In those MMOs players can easily link any Achievement in chat so that anyone reading that chat can see and inspect them. It is sad that DCUO is not setup this way. It would make sharing this player information easier.
  17. Randarch Active Player

It won't hurt anything, so I support it. It's just a title. Might be cute.
  18. GermanM Committed Player

So you think i am like you. Sadly for you, that´s not true.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1