Devs, is there a plan so that we don't have to re-explore the same artifacts x times for our rerolls

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I'd really like to find the pleasure of making other characters on DCUO, but frankly, the artifacts make me lose all motivation for that, some are inescapable in such role and in the end, we end up having to reassemble the same ones all the time, it's not very motivating to repeat that.

So is there a plan to relieve us of xp x number of times the same artifacts for our rerolls?

I think that now the artifacts should be a system linked to the accounts, that means that the artifacts and that we could resume the artifact progression with any of the characters.

As for those who think it would be a lack of money, it's not true and I think they're well into it now and that the system should evolve for the better for the players!

I hope you can speak up about this, I think it's a really necessary plan for the future to review on DCUO.
    • Like x 10
  2. Jaelia Committed Player

I kinda actually agree on this I find myself using a lot of the same artifacts to game, it becomes repetitive in a sense or if someone else is using the same ones it cancels out mine in a way. I really hope they either create more artifacts or update older ones to keep them nearly as good as the updated ones.
    • Like x 3
  3. appocolyps Committed Player

My opinion is that it is somewhat nothing short of disgusting that the company has put such a huge amount of exp required to level artifacts up and made them so absolutely nessecary to be competitive and accepted into endgame yet still expect us to have to do it over and over again on alts, its completely unrealistic to expect this of their customers. No modern MMO has this kind of system in place, most MMOs these days the majority of gear can be transfered between alts.

Regardless of their potential loss in income they should do the decent thing and make Artis and Allies account bound and transferable. For this reason alone i run zero alts.
    • Like x 6
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Of course they have a plan. The plan is make you pay for Nth metal and seals to lvl up your other toons artifacs, that or invest a lot of time to farm nth metal, but you´re still going to need seals after your artis reach lvl 140, because there is no way to lvl them up without them. You can pay a suscription to have 4 seals montly, if you have that the history change a little, you only will need farm the nth metal or buy it, like i said beforr and use it in those doble exp nth weeks) But make arts progretion for free is not going to happen in this not-alter friendly game.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They have already done a lot to make leveling arts a lot easier. If a player does not want to utilize these resources than that is the individuals fault. Sorry to sound harsh but this is the truth. And deny it all you want but then making arts account bound or anything similar IS a profit loss. No matter how you look at it this is a simple truth.

That being said, a dev has already chimed in and said that they could POSSIBLY look into making ways to make arts be more alt friendly. Thou it won’t be anything like account bound arts. Won’t be anything free regardless of what you want. At the end of the day it’s still a business.
    • Like x 4
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This is ridiculous. Alts used to be fun, now its a job. No thanks. If you have an artifact leveled to a certain point on a toon the amount of xp required to level up another one on another toon should be HALVED or REDUCED. Just like we can buy a feat on an alt to get gear reduced in price. A similar thing needs to happen with arts. Dont even get me started on Allies.
    • Like x 7
  7. GermanM Committed Player

Agree, they need to change thinks for alters sake.
    • Like x 3
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

how can you even sit here and try to defend them and their bottom line. Having an alt is a second job at this point. Unless you have unlimited time or unlimited resources no one is running alts anymore and it ruins a lot of peoples enjoyment of the game. I used to have 5 end game toons now i just run my main. They lost my play time because of their greed. To maintain an alt you need to unlock sp, level up artifacts, keep gen mods active with boosts, level up seperate allies and still grind for gear. Dont even talk to me about their bottom line.
    • Like x 6
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not that I’m disagreeing or not in favor of changes but I still run 3 alts at end game with my main. Once they’re “paid for” meaning have all the sp and such, it’s not too bad. Really speeds up things for your main. You just can’t get “greedy” with them. My alts are a troller/ tank/ dps mainly. The troll is a might buff troll and welcomed into almost all groups. Tank is ice and has choices with artis. All are at 200 on both of them after a few years. They all have a little over 600sp which mostly came from membership perks since I don’t spend on alts. Their allies happen very slowly. But they aren’t top tier everything, they don’t get OP pieces, and they send everything to my main. Alts are a much longer grind to make relevant but you can do it eventually. What I meant by greedy is that they can’t be as good as your main or you will need to spend a small fortune.

Find like minded individuals to play with. My usuals and I all have our OP mains and then great alts and then one crappy one. The crappy ones just run regular content to help farm. Really, I wish I only had 3 toons but it’s too late now. May as well make use of a decent toon. She went with trans/ scrap/ EoG to be able to dual role dps healer. Comes in handy when we need a green spammer and my mains full of renown and loot locked. I wouldn’t normally run her in elite otherwise.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No one has alts? I have 3 endgame toons and 4 farmer toons. I also have a full time job and also find time to hit the gym few times a week and live a life. It only becomes a job if you want to make it a job. All of my farmer toons have 3 arts at 120. My 3rd main toons has 3 arts for dps at 200, and 1 support art at 160. My 2nd toons has 3 arts at 200 for dps, 2 other dps arts at 160 and support arts at 160. My main has multiple arts at 200, and arts for all support roles at 160* (all roles cause I switch powers from time to time and I want to be able to play the support role). And guess what, I haven’t spent money on arts in a LONG time. Unlike most. I actually take advantage of every single event they give.

As for defending the devs. Lol. I’m only defending myself. If they make these changes people want than they will either need to make the money elsewhere. Maybe those other areas will affect me more so if rather them leave the arts as is. Alternatively they could do those changes out of the kindness of their hearts. But guess what. If a game stops making money than they have no reason to maintain the game and the game shuts down. So no. Im not defending them to “white knight” them. I’m just smart enough to know how businesses work.
    • Like x 2
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You can try and twist it and spin it however you want. Ive leveled about 10 toons over 300 myself. But that doesnt change the fact that its absolutely absurd the ask with next to nothing to help alleviate that grind. I have alts with decents arts and sp. That doesnt change anything to the original point. It shouldnt take copious amounts of play time just to maintain a couple alts at end game. I gaurantee you play way more than the average person as well.
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You think people on these forums aren't educated to know how a business operates? No has ever questioned the necessity to make a profit. Its always the same rhetoric when talking about something that might benefit the player for once. OH WELL ITS A BUSINESS GOTTA MAKE MONIES. There is a line where the need for profit cuts into the enjoyment of the customer. Alts the line was drawn. You can twist is however you want. All the people that defend this are people who play this game for hours on end. Thats not the norm. I play a lot myself. But thats neither here nor there. They have done next to nothing to help players maintain alts at endgame unless you sink a lot of time or money. A few daily login rewards and a reduced gear price is not enough with the amount of systems they have implemented into the game since 2011.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Next to nothing? Alts have gone through MANY changes to make them easier for players. Many events were added that revolve around arts. Ways have been added in game to make players not use to buy anything extra. You like to make these claims while ignoring all the change that were made. It’s actually laughable
    • Like x 1
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The only thing laughable is that you think they have done enough to help players maintain alts. I have nothing left to say. Take care
    • Like x 4
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I have no idea my playtime vs others. At the moment, for the last few weeks anyway, I’m about 10mins a day. Log in, grab the free coins and a collection node for some extra nth then log off. They’re all capped on current (and previous) coins so nothing to do and they’re all sitting on a few thousand source since they don’t buy anything. Normally, at least fresh dlc, I’ll play an hour before work and 2 after. I run them all thru everything at the start of a dlc and then every toon runs less and less like usually ditch dailies after a few weeks and just run the solo/ duo and alert them the weekly reset stuff. And most of that is event level once they’re all full renown. I want to play still after over a decade as no other games do very well holding my attention long. I try a bunch and beat them pretty quick and replay ability just isn’t there. Dc let’s me relax play 90% of the time unless it’s a day 1 new elite.
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

But previously you have logged a ton of hours grinding those alts out. My playtime is less now too, and that is also because i would normally run alts after my main.
    • Like x 3
  17. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I didnt know any other tank arts existed outside of manicles, everyday and mystic
    • Like x 1
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh yah, slow grind on alts. They weren’t elite end game built for a few years. It could have been much quicker if I had paid. The devs want you playing so as much as I agree with wanting changes, I think they want it this way. Either play only on your main or take one of the two options with alts. The only issue I have with any changes would be that it’s too late for me and many many others as our alts are already “done”. So now if things change, a lot of players would be crying foul of course.
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Depends on how you play I guess haha. The 2 mainstays are mystic and manacles. After that, I’m ice btw, I use Circes for adds/ general easy stuff, EoG for elite stuff, and clarion for elite alerts or just running whatever without a healer. I did actually run TSWE and other elites with clarion and it was great. Has great stats minus the lack of dom. Scrap is also a good one to have around 160 if you’re in something that requires a lot of super use like TSWE+ since you’d want to be spamming SS super and that cheese dodge thing. Honestly, I haven’t used everymans since I switched from rage. Ice doesn’t have a very high health pool. It’s a good arti but I like it more on fire or rage. I’ve never used earth or atomic so no comments there. I don’t even like using EoG on my tank but perfect poise is pretty awesome for those oh no moments.
  20. appocolyps Committed Player

You know how they make the money elsewhere? They reduce the greedy paywalls they have in place and attract more players!

Its funny fairly recently a few decent sized mmo YT channels have revisited and mocked DC purely based on its greed and paywall structure compared to a modern day mmos.

If your honest with yourself and a close friend or family member was considering playing our beloved game, you and i both would be embarrassed not to mention its catastrophic money sink.
    • Like x 2