The most ABSURD things to happen to DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kreachure, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Kreachure Committed Player

Given the whole nerfing rewards "fix" and discussion I've been genuinely curious about this;

What are the most absurd or controversial updates, fixes or changes do you guys think they could add in the future on DCUO? Granted we're following ToS of course. Whether it's changing the story of an iconic character for an episode, nerfing something to the ground entirely, buffing something to be overpowered for no reason, or anything in between?

I wanna know! :p
  2. inferno Loyal Player

They already did it twice for me.
    One, was the re-adjustment of content and open-world values after they did the massive power overhaul to remove weapon mastery and the 1234 power combo.
    Second, well..you can probably guess but it was the more intense adjustment.

After those two blows, everything else feels pretty "peachy" to me.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kreachure Committed Player

Fair but I really wanna know what future updates could be really controversial rather than the past stuff we've dealt with :eek:
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Adding ways to "level up" trinket pets? I'd actually like it, but I don't think many others would like yet another thing to grind much lolz
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Balancing SM around speedhackers. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Deleting the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. Deleting PvP. Nerfing all supercharges to the point of uselessness. Stats clamp open world Gotham and Metropolis.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Reducing Marks on all open world bosses and weeklies.
    • Like x 1
  8. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Requiring active PAID membership in order to post on these Forums.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh yeah sure give the devs ideas guys......
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Sell Feats in the Marketplace Including Elite and Elite+

Give away the PVP feats for free

Remove Replay Badges

Put Skill points in time capsules - oh wait.
    • Like x 6
  11. Kreachure Committed Player

yeah these 2 are interchangeable and currently in the game :D

Hopefully it will show them that these are the things players don't want.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, well yeah the first one I moreso meant just selling content feats more widely.

Example - Don't want to farm Wonderverse feats - Here's every feat in Wonderverse for $20.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm with Lycan here, stop giving them ideas! Oh and devs.... here's $20, I think we both know what I want ~wink wink~
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Here's a shopping list.

- Make the clamp harder
    - Reduce the mark reward in everything
    - Increase all the elite feats to 4 stars and the normal feats to 1 star
    - Add a feat back to the ultra rare straight time capsule drop
    - Add 4 star feats for every survival mode round past 10
    - Increase the cost of all seasonal rewards and reduce the duration of every event to 2 weeks with the same daily reward
    - Double the renown in raids and half the renown in duos and alerts
    - Double the amount of renown required to reach maximum and each piece of gear has its own checkpoint
    - Halve the stats on normal gear
    - Remove the extra vendor cosmetics and lock them as rewards behind elite and elite+
    - Increase the bounty farming feats to 1,000
    - Clamp open world Metro and Gotham to Level 30

Ok, I feel like that's enough for them to start working with.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....!!!!!! Proxy, are you secretly in league with Trigon?!
  16. Proxystar #Perception

• Like x 1
  17. not serious Well-Known Player

1 supercharge update abandoned
    2 never have an update of travel modes
  18. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Anything that reduces marks.
    I'm just a man who loves his marks.

Oh 2017 update to power was a total botch.

the bounty spam meta, when Wonderverse and 31st came out, pretty much dark times for us as a community.

the eog prec meta. Literally every end game had the same rotation for years already. The game grows stale because theres a lack of diversity amongst precision weapons and everyone falls on DW/Bow Brawling/MA when theres like 10 other weapons that should perform around that same level. I got no beef with prec, just visually DCUO becomes a boring game to spectate on twitch because it's the same tired loadout.

I'll give an example. When Injustice Gods Amongst Us came out, Superman was broken af and was in his own tier. IGAU had its debut at EVO (biggest fighting game of the event of the year) and it got booed because the top 8 was mostly Superman players. The lack of diversity is what makes games stale. Balance other powers to be on par with the meta. If not, we will live and continue to play. No big deal.
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

adding loot locks back to the game(instanced content obviously it never left Open Worlds)
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

This is something Panderus actually stated on here that he can’t rule out, but the day it happens will be my last day on this game.

Sell skill points on the marketplace.