Gotham Wastelands "Farming"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Speaking of things disrupting ecosystems, what's all this talk and drama I've been hearing the past few months about some kind of "Gotham Wasteland Farming"? And why is it imperative/essential that all newer players partake in it (to "cheat" the CR leveling system?)? Sounds fishy.
    • Like x 3
  2. Chewsy Well-Known Player

This has been a thing since the STU DLC dropped. I'm not sure why it just started getting so popular within the last few months. I did all the feats for the daily spam there earlier this year, and would only see 1 person there doing it on occasion. It took me a hot minute to figure out what they were even doing there at first. My friend went there yesterday to check it out, and apparently people are now speedhacking the bosses there so that only they get credit for the loot...Sad.
    • Like x 1
  3. Swamarian Committed Player

That doesn't really explain why you would go there, though.
  4. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Seriously why care about what others are doing when they're just leveling their alts in an open world? Very Karen-esque
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There is a spot where 2 OW daily bosses spawn (daily bosses I think). They will repeatedly respawn and you can get a gear drop from them that scales to 305 every 30-60 seconds. It's only essential if you really REALLY want to scale up fast and don't want to put a lot of effort in. I don't think it's really a 'cheat', but yeah...definitely path of least resistance, I'd guess they could fix it if they wanted...kind of like 'fixing' the HH marks or Dawn loot issue.

I haven't seen that much talk about it in chat, but only ran into it myself when I was on an alt doing dailies down there and grabbing briefs/investigations then actually killed the wrong boss....killed the right boss after I noticed the mission didn't clear but I did get loot. Then saw the 1st boss had already respawned...killed a few just to see what would happen, but yeah....don't need 305 gear or salvage so it's a waste of time IMHO. For lowbies.....I guess I can see the attraction if you don't know any better way to get gear.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

They will fix it, they have in the past with open world content. South Gotham Avatars come to mind. CR Locked walkins as well.

At this point, it seems silly to do this, though. They throw all gear at you just doing a single instance. Not like it was back in the day when you could be walked into a duo or gates to get cr boosting gear.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, personally if I were new, I'd lean heavy towards quick solos or the nightclub/police station duo. Get some gear AND work towards a feat...get a few marks in the process too. I'd fall asleep in GW after about 5 min.
  8. myandria Item Storage

Woow.. I've never noticed this. I only go to Gotham Wastelands with my higher toons to farm for Nth metal with an Nth metal detector, especially during double artifact xp and bonus drop events.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Better go quick....for the good of the eco-system!
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's talked about A LOT on Xbox servers because the population is so low it's actually become a sort of workaround to bad queues or queues barely ever popping.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Even so, I played on the switch and it's worse. That's really NOT the optimal solution. There are several fast solos that are way better option. It's weird to choose this route, but to each their own. lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, this whole thing got me curious because I've seen arguments starting about it. I've seen new players on multiple occasions asking for help to Queue instances to obtain gear, but were immediately shut down and told to not even bother and to just "farm Gotham Wastelands" instead.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

That's odd, because just running solos and duos will yield gear. Eh, toxic players are toxic players, I guess.
  14. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Literally this.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Because it affects me when noobs don't know what tf they are doing because they cheesed to level up. Same as a CR Skip except not having to pay for it.

Sounds like you have something to hide.
  16. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

RavNoc:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do you really think there is a difference (except speed) in leveling up via MOST of our runs, especially solos or duos. Sure there are some key raids with 'hard' mechanics(which might just end in failure), or a few key instances where a noob would be forced to learn something, but I personally don't see the difference in running a bunch of random 'loot' runs, or spamming some source to go to HOL and buy all the tier gear...and doing this. The whole post 30 leveling process now is 'cheese'....so 'meh' if they choose to use this particular flavor of cheese over any other.

Let them have it...less noobs in a run I might actually end up in if I were to omni queue. If they don't make the effort to learn something along the way I always have the kick button or can walk out if I see them in endgame....or I'll stick to formed groups where they likely won't last long either.

Or the devs can 'fix' it and they can go spam Funhouse, Nightclub duo or Gates or something. I fail to see the difference in the end anyway. 'Bad players gonna play bad'.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Or perhaps I just like to see the world burn ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but I also never stated my opinion on it, I merely asked what the heck the big deal about it was because I was seeing a big stink about it everywhere heh. So I might have exposed something whilst doing so.... Oops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

P.S. I would only be a "Karen" if I said I didn't like it and that it needs to be fixed, in which I have never stated nor insinuated. I asked what the ruckus was about. Get off my lawn!

[IMG]