Knightmare bat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trended, Jul 21, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I hadn't done the bounty yet when I first saw this and was very confused, thinking it was some kind of joke or reference linking the death-metal-ness of this whole episode arc to the Metallica scene in Stranger Things lmao.

Also, I'm a bit confused about this guitar mechanic. Is it referring to the OP item or something? Because I didn't see any guitars anywhere, tbh. Though that might have just been them being not particularly noticeable in all that chaos or something, IDK.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I actually really enjoy the nightmare bats, it's fun. Perhaps the feat is a bit much, 100, but perhaps not also, there isn't a need to get it done on the first day really and it's fun to have a bounty mechanic that isn't just pew pew :)

Refreshing for a change.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

OK, I have been in a spam group with my league mates for over 30 min fighting Barbatos, and I can attest that there is something wrong with the Knightmare Bat. His health literally shoots back up to 100% and none of us were using pets or allies or orbitals on the Bat. We used superpowers, weapons, even the guitars .... NOTHING had any affect on it. It's health went up 100% just as fast as we could hit it.
    • Like x 2
  4. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

So I did the bounty's feat on to accounts today and on the second time I was doing it with my league and noticed that every time I tried to burn the bat on my tanks they healed and then I went to just tanking barb and only 3 league members went 4 the bats none in tank and 1 put on a power that pulls.electric has a power called attract and every time a bat came out only those 3 players attacked and it was burned in seconds and we had 80 bats down by round 20 so its ether tank role not allowed or it glitches when more then a couple players attack them. none of us used pets or pet arts btw. And yes they was using the guitars
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Does everyone in the fight location get progress towards the bats, or just those that contributed damage to it?
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was getting credit while tanking barbatos. I was pulling him around the room and never touched anything else and got credit for 50 so far, I’m at 20 on the barbatos counter.
    • Like x 1
  7. Imaginos Dedicated Player

This is good info to know. People were saying they couldn't interact with the boxes. I'll shout that out next time I see that come up.
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

how do you get the guitars for the bats? I go next to an amp and no guitar.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you wearing a Speed force, Acrobatics or Flight Ring?
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

yes
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

When you go to the amp and activate it, you then use a Weapon attack on the chained entity you are wanting to take down. The Weapon attack will substitute the guitar for your normal weapon, and then it's just slam, slam, slam taking out all of the day's frustrations on that chained NPC.
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The chain effect isn't fully removing itself. I usually use the death metal batman to kill them to show ppl that the bat will just resurrect again.

If the bat gets up again, it's glitched. Just move on and ignore it.

I've seen bats, that are working as intended die to superpowers/pets (next to boss), as well as weapons/guitars (away in a corner).

Pets, Powers, and Weapons DO NOT heal the Knightmare bats. That is a glitched knightmare bat that does not have it's chain mechanic fully removed.

I've seen many get toxic, with this witch hunt, trying to bully others from participating because they are running pets/powers.

Some phases have much better odds than others, just find a good phase and stick with it and you will get your feat in no time.
    • Like x 4
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is why misinformation is bad. Players running around thinking powers and pets restore their health. Even players saying you can only kill them with the guitar. That’s not how it works.

Bat comes out and it has a chain. If you attack a bat with a chain they will heal back up. You use a guitar to remove the chain. When chain breaks your guitar breaks. When chain breaks you can kill bat with anything. In bat keeps reviving or no amount of guitars break the chain than the bat is bugged. This means ignore the bat.

It’s really that simple. Pets and powers aren’t causing it to heal. Pets and powers aren’t causing the chains to not break. Bats being bugged is what causing that. Just ignore the bat and kill barb to get a new set of bats.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeathBreakerG Level 30

This feat is bugged to hell. Guitars only, Guitars and powers, Guitars and powers and pets any and all combinations can work and not work. No rhyme or reason. Many bat's are also bugging and become unkillable after chains break. It's annoying and dumb and no one understands what actually kills the bats. We're getting this feat because we're a tenacious community but it's still terrible. Pls fix
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you’d just read the post literally above your post you’d see what kills the bats. “No one knows how to kill them” is not true at all. It’s that people keep spreading bad information everywhere that’s causing issues. Some bats get bugged and become immortal yet players keep wasting their time arguing about who is using pets and powers or attacking with guitar while being clueless about the actual mechanics
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You can't blame anyone for being clueless if it is glitched and people get different results by doing different combinations of attacks to kill them. How do I know your results are more valid than the others who warn against the use of pets/super powers? Until the glitch is fixed, the true mechanics won't be followed by the player base due to confusion over what the true mechanics are. It got into any ugly shouting match over this Friday night. I didn't want to be there anymore because tempers were flaring over what worked versus what didn't and who was the 'problem'. It's far from being simple.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Which is why I explicitly said that the issue is misinformation. The mechanics are technically clear but the bugs confuse players. And then confused players spread bad information. And there aren’t any other results since the glitches are somewhat consistent.

For example:
    If using superpowers causes them to heal then why can might players kill bats?
    If pets heal them than why can players kill them with multiple pets out?
    If it was as simple as pets just healing then than a bunch of lucky shots would kill them but instead you see these bats getting healed from 0 Hp to max. If they hit 0 Hp at any point than they would’ve died
    If the issue is you have to use the guitar to kill the bats why do some bats not die even when players put away pets and not use superpowers

No I can’t blame people for getting confused. But I can blame people who spread bad information even when their information doesn’t actually work. When I was doing the bat feat day one I’d see players beating on a single bat, no powers, no pets out. Just guitar and weapon attacks. I’d see doom spin, hold throw, tap holds, and other combinations all going after immortal bats shouting at each other to stop using abilities and stop using pets all while no pets were out and no one using abilities. So yes it’s obvious that those don’t affect the bats since it’s clear when pay attention than it’s not the issue

Look at how many people still believe dominance spread aggro and they keep telling others that it’s true.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Then I would say the damage is already done. This is what the player base now believes and convincing players in Open World otherwise is only going to invite a fire storm of insults hurled at you.

I hope there is a hot fix implemented this week to correct the problems so that the player base can play by the true mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Damage is only done for those than don’t learn. Going back to my previous dom example. Some will always believe it to be true cause they refuse to believe something they know is incorrect. That is true of everything in life. Those who are willing to learn will listen. The point is not to just say “damage is done. Oh well”. It’s to stop the continued spread of misinformation.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

No where in my reply did I say "oh well". At the marketing company I work for, we have a saying "Perception of a product is its reality". If customers perceive X about your product whether correctly or incorrectly, then X is the reality of your product.

Right now, as of 24, July 2022, the perception of the Knightmare Bats is that in order to overcome the glitch the methods of attacking it with no pets/superpowers/ect., ect. is now believed to be true. That is what I mean by the damage being done. I will absolutely take a hot fix plus an official announcement to change this perception amongst the player base.

Even after the hot fix is implemented there will still be some who believe the prior misnomer is still correct and in effect. They will just have to find out for themselves that it is not.