Test Discussion Artifact Reworks 2022

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I understand but im trying to understand why couldnt Brick be included?? It technically is a combat pet bcuz it deals damage and aids you by your side.. Its not the same like the watcher pet.. Brick absolutely is a combat pet..
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    While testing Rage of Larazus at Rank 199, I noticed the invincibility window wasn't lasting 10 seconds. Here is an example:

The effect activates at 3.6 seconds. I get KOed at 10.6 seconds. That's a 7 second window.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

You are trying to argue semantics here. Crystal is the combat pet, she deals damage and only damage. Brick can CC, taunt, accept damage transfer from you, and has a bubble heal for itself. Where the damage element is trivial at best. It's like trying to say jackhammer in tank gear can do same damage as jackhammer in dps gear.

Crystal is a combat damage pet and Brick is a support tank pet. Giving Brick the same damage as Crystal gets plus all the other stuff it already gets is a definition of over powered.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

You might be able to trigger it with Titan's Robot Bounty as that thing is still a bit overtuned compared to the other bounties. Possible to do it with Black Manta as well, if you can get the teardrop to work on you as a tank. (no augments)
    • Like x 1
  5. Bullistikz Active Player

A number of these artifacts that are being re-work i have fed into others. Going forward I won't feed any unless there is no way it will ever be useful for my power type and role. I do Look forward to these changes hitting the game live, this will give a chance to play some with under utilized artifacts.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Here is a demonstration of Rank 200 Omegahedron Debuff Stacking using Gadgets Fear Gas:

I use Fear Gas since it has no damage variance and you can notice the damage decreases with each cast.
    • Like x 2
  7. DJ BOSS New Player

This artifact not supossed to buff ur might and precision ?
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is for the Rank 200 version of Omegahedron.

Even if you try to stay at ~50% power, you are still hit with a stacking debuff. Here is an example:

Note how my Fear Gas ticks go from 2792 to 2189 by the end of the video.

I have no other artifacts equipped besides Omegahedron. I removed my necklace so I wouldn't get any Might buffs from the Tac Mod.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is supposed to buff your Might and Precision if you stay within certain power bar percentage ranges. The idea is that if you have too much or too little power, you get a damage debuff in the current implementation.

Except the damage buffing part doesn't seem to be working right now. So you only get hit with stacking damage debuffs.
  10. inferno Loyal Player

As far as I can see on the changes being done to Lazarus, it is not designed to ignore 1 shots or being killed but more "delay" it for 8/10/12 seconds. Once you hit Rage of Lazarus, you will die after the 8/10/12 seconds and the only thing that will get you out of that state is being healed 100% at least once.
    I think it's fair that while you are in the 8/10/12 window it becomes a little bit harder to get to that 100% and get out of the Rage of Lazarus state, otherwise it would be OP.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Regarding the laz pit. I can see the concern people are having about the laz becoming to OP. If you say there is absolutely no potential for it to become game breaking than you’re either lying or don’t understand.

Yes the laz has a 5min cooldown. The soder on the other hand has a much shorter cooldown. It’s easy to have your cola saved up to use for the laz effect since it has a shorter cooldown.

Within those 5 minutes you ignore 1 death via cola then save yourself from death using the revive and then would have to die a 3rd time to potentially die. That’s 3 deaths that need to happen within the 5 minutes in order to actually die. If you look at it in elite where you have 2 death limit, you’d need to die 4 times in order to die minimum. You basically get an extra life as long as you can survive 5 minutes.

I’m not saying nerf it to the ground. Just advising that it CAN be abused
    • Like x 3
  12. Bullistikz Active Player

Yes some balancing could be used for the Lazarus Pit Water to address the concerns. Maybe a 7 minute cooldown on the new ability rather than a 5 minute, could be enough to stop the artifact from becoming OP or "broken".
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you are planning on using Rage of Lazarus as a solo DPS, I found you need to have a "healing plan" setup in advance. You need to look at all of your available tools and figure out how you are going to get back to 100% fairly quickly. You also need to be able to disengage from combat long enough to execute that plan. Damage players generally have limited options for healing. If your healing plan requires multiple steps, that can be challenging to execute if the boss is in your face pummeling you at the same time. If your tools like your soda aren't available at the time Rage of Lazarus procs, all you are doing is buying yourself at an extra 10 seconds or so.

That has been my experience so far while trying it out in a solo setting.

It is working out better in group settings since you can swap it in at key moments and let your healer know you are going to require some burst healing.
    • Like x 2
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Lazarus Pit Water

I wanna start by saying, I don't think rage of lazarus should be granted at rank 80. The ability does not justify the amount of investment required to get to 80.
    Similarly, I don't think this artifact would ever be a mainstay in any other role loadout and the potential for swap abuse is definitely present.

Even if granted at 80, I still think it needs fundamental changes to actually be appealing in any role.

First, the way % healing mitigation is applied should be flipped and the values re-scaled, for example:
    80/70/60/50 becomes 65/70/75/80 so 80% of heals at rank 200

Second, changes to time to factor the % healing mitigation, for example:
    6/8/10/12 would become 4/6/10/16 so 16 seconds of no KO at rank 200 but with 80% of healing

I also think the % healing mitigation needs to be ubiquitous across all healing sources, or at very least follow rules even if these are an addition.

These changes obviously alter the playstyle, but I believe this would stop the artifact being too OP, whilst retaining the fundamental idea behind the rage of lazarus effect. I still feel that it should not be granted at 80, I feel that's the aspect that's going to be most abused, especially if we consider swapping. But to stay on topic, I feel like higher healing mitigation but longer effect up-time is a nice logic for levelling this artifact.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Imagine Lazarus Pit Water worked like Painkiller perk from Call of Duty. You die and then when you revive/spawn you have a protection shield to prevent death while you recover health, have your ability cooldowns reset. You still have the unkillable state but it is AFTER you die and already use the Laz Pit water revive ability. You then have true synergy with the artifact because if you died surrounded by adds or in a DOT etc you can revive with 100% certainty that you wouldn't die again for X amount of seconds and it cannot be used to cheese any mechanic because you would have already been required to die to it. Rather than this unkillable state allowing you to completely escape death.

/feedback
    • Like x 1
  16. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Did you try to heal from 1hp to 100% hp in 4 seconds with 65% healing debuff on you? I don't think so. Btw, 16 seconds it's too much even with 80% debuff. But you write your "great" idea how to make LWP useless. Claps
    Without healer this artifact not so useful and not OP either. Especially not at max rank.
    • Like x 1
  17. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I don't think it should be granted at level 80. At all. Those were hypothetical numbers, if it were.

Also, some artifacts just shouldn't be run solo. IMO this is one of them. The problem with your statement is, with healer(s) and other healing sources, this artifact very much is OP, and dare I say, game-breaking. I do not want them to remove the rage of lazarus effect, far from it. But it does need reworked into something that still requires skill to utilise. Therefore the heal-back would haveto be well co-ordinated, even within group. Maybe my numbers aren't perfect, but the idea stands, increase the challenge of healing back, increase the up-time at higher rank.

OC made a good point about changing the effect to shield, but that would only really prevent up/down deaths. A shield could be tied to the effect instead of all out immunity, and that shield strength/up-time would be based on artifact rank. This would definitely justify the ability granted at rank 80 too.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Let's stay on the topic of these artifact reworks and what's on test.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

That's rubbish, do you honestly think all DPS, Healers and controllers are going to permanently keep Lazarus pit on now in anticipation of purposefully dying, only to then use their sodas and supplies to save themselves or put pressure on a healer to save everyone.

or that a group is seriously all going to do that in unison for the sole purpose of ignoring a mechanic only to have a 5 minute cool down...

This is nonsense Chill no group is going to build like that and that's why it also has a 5 minute cool down because its a safety net for mistakes, The DPS aren't going to take a damage loss through having this artifact on or attempting to tac swap it on in anticipation of just ignoring something.

No one plays that way, no one would play that way unless they're idiots or possibly trying something for the laughs and that's a non issue.

It's not going to save them from every mistake, it'll save them from one with a then rather significant cool down, chances are if they're notoriously making mistakes like that this artifact will. not. save. them from that.

Edit - I should say too, I'd say you're probably suggesting every person in an DWFE is going to level this and use their LPW to sequentially ignore the omega beam, that might be true, I'd say a group such as this would probably be a rare occurrence and not one worth considering when balancing the artifact, it's also an outlier instance.

I would also suggest that you're being a little bit disingenuous because you're suggesting no other mechanics in there are capable of killing anyone and causing a problem and that they're all just basically standing around waiting their turn on the Omega Beam. I would suggest you're guilty here of cherry picking the worst possible mechanic you could think of in relation to how this artifact might impact it and then on top of that isolating that mechanic in a somewhat distorted way to amplify said impact, creating a somewhat unlikely real life scenario, sort of like taping a horn on to a horse and saying "look unicorns do exist".
    • Like x 9
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The soder alone doesn't save you, and if that were really the issue simply exclude sodas from counting towards the heal back, but even then taking your soda then, leaves you further vulnerable afterwards, so its not without risk.

One shots are scripted far more rapidly than to allow a player to ignore every single one, any scenario that a player puts forth suggesting that this artifact is designed to allow a player to ignore 'every mechanic' is simply not true.

You'd ignore one or maybe two in any fight (outside of perhaps top end SM rounds and given the cheese of grey range tanking in there, how is this any different?) before it's even over, There's very few fights in this game that are individually lasting longer than 10 minutes and in that time copious scripted one shots have gone off that cannot be ignored by the player and won't be able to be ignored by the player.

I can't help but feel there's a few people being hyperbolic about this artifact, they did the same thing too when LPW was reduced to 15min, they thought that would break the game too, but here we are and it categorically did not happen then and it won't happen now.
    • Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.