Where does everyone find builds?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Azdog90, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Azdog90 New Player

Hey guys,

Can any one recommend where to find builds from? ive got 1 website i use but i think its outdated.
  2. Bullistikz Active Player

There are a lot of Youtube videos, but one of the better ways to find your loadout will be using the sparing targets, with your combat parser set to 10 seconds and testing. it won't be perfect but it can give you a good idea of how your damage numbers are looking. If you are looking at a loadout for your role, that's a bit different.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can ask for a specific powerset/role here and people will either recommend builds or point you to a particular site or video.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Generally I roll my own builds. If you're looking for video-only, obsidian chill is generally spot on with his stuff. If you're literate and prefer to read, AV's guide is top notch:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2232911471
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I would likewise suggest to start with AV's guide (link above from LT's comment).

Personally, I like to avoid to movement mode powers, and most iconics (except RSK and heat vision(for ST)). So I build my loadouts based on my artifacts.

I have through every power in the power tree's of those I use. Test each power individually to see what kind of damage it does, how fast it casts, cool down, and whether it does better with PI or not. Then start putting powers together in a rotation, and see what gives you the most damage, on average, over 30s parsers.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Learning how to test is far more valuable than seeing where to borrow builds.

Metas change. Powers get buffs and nerfs. When changes happen videos and guide become outdated. So you get a lot of old bad build and even some current builds are bad too so you risk borrowing a bad build. Learning to properly test will lead to you knowing your power. And then when you look up these guides/builds you can compare your damage and see if you can improve your build
    • Like x 2
  7. CHARI EL Level 30

Exactly what Deity said.. Copying a build will only take you so far if you don't know what a power does in a given rotation.
    Other things such as how smooth does the rotation flow using that power, power cost, if it's AOE or ST power, casting or instant damage etc..
    I think the quote " practice makes perfect " goes well here.. Builds will help you get into a power but ultimately testing done on your own and power knowledge will give you the biggest advantage as time goes on..
    Eventually at somepoint you will have a generalized idea of what build works in what situation like in Elite/Reg, other dps's you're going up against, risk vs reward of using that certain build etc..
    Also note that builds do change depending on what artifact setup you run as well.. so it's actually down to personal preference and how comfortable you are playing that rotation..
  8. Azdog90 New Player

Yea new player here, so just learning everything atm. So was after somewhere that had builds ect i can just follow on and learn as i go
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

every obsidian chill loadout out is be super speed and use tornado pull and whirling dervish, there i save you some time
    • Like x 3
  10. L T Devoted Player

You're not wrong. It's because the damage of those abilities is broken OP.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mister Hando Active Player

Looking some vidéos on Youtube
    But, I don't like some of the builds. So, I Prefer test my own on sparing targets or on Solo/Duo.
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Not to mention their interactions with clipping/cancelling.

And phase dodge.

And the 2 superspeed SC's; metabolic boost & dash attack.

And how broken vortex trap is in PvP.
  13. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

This is one of my most frustrating things about his videos... and the ones where he DOES offer an alternative, he seems exasperated that he even has to offer it because 'everyone should want to be BIS'. That's fine and dandy, except when you absolutely HATE SS and find it god awful to use in open world and other content. I'm sure it's great in a raid where things tend to be more linear, but traversing open world, SS sucks IMO.
    • Like x 2
  14. Tilz Loyal Player

For mightbuilds AV does some great job (mentioned above).

OC has solid guides. (With or without Superspeed). It's always nice to get a raw understanding of the power and from there you can start experimenting around.
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's almost as i've continually asked for superspeed to be balanced so I don't have to tell players to be SS :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I can’t speak for anybody else, but over the years I’ve most commonly found builds in the same area in my base where a sparring target has been placed. Perhaps there is some unspoken cosmic universal connection between builds and sparring targets as they seem to be as inseparable as peas and carrots!
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Egomanical inventors aside...

It will save you a lot of time to look up effective loadouts for your powerset. You don't have to copy any of them to a T but it will give you a much better idea of what powers are effective and why. Then you can test and adjust with that knowledge in mind rather than sitting there for 24 hours investigating every nook and cranny.
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you should really make your own build through testing what flows best for you.

but youtube is the main place the FOTM chasers go