Test Discussion Artifact Reworks 2022

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Quick question with regards to Demons fang! How would we use this artifact? The resto and prec stats intrigue me and I am celestial heals! Would I battle heal with benediction and malediction + brawling > MA? And maybe level clarion as well? Or could I sneak it into a EoG load out instead of PHR
  2. L T Devoted Player

Unlike Clarion, the Demon's Fang has always procced on either weapon attacks or combos, making it way more friendly to water and celestial
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Someone on the Dev Team plays a tank class in FF14 i see.
  4. Ranmaru Developer

I do but I play Paladin. Giving Players Access to HG would be a bit stronger in my mind.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Awesome I’m a level 90 CR594 Dancer and Level 90 CR581 Samurai.
  6. Ranmaru Developer

Not to distract with FF talk but I've been CR600 on my PLD for a few weeks after finishing the tier with my static, but those classes are pretty fun, I often take notes just looking at their skills and playstyle to see if there is anything interesting about it that could interact in a way that makes sense in DCUO
    • Like x 5
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Is there an E.T.A.on when these artifact reworks will be completed? Just a curious cat. It reads like a lot of progress has been made and that it is going according to plan.
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Nice,You are exactly that type of dev we need to communicate with, keep it up! Slowly taking charons spot :p

And its also nice that you are playing other similar games and bring ideas to dcuo from there.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ranmaru Developer

The plan is to have them out in the next game update; but I don't want to reveal our plans for the next GU before it goes live.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Of course I understand things can change too. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to interact with me. There is so much potential here with DCUO to take it even further into the future! *hugs*
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's cool you found a way to implement such a very specific tank cooldown/mechanic in DCUO. I never thought to attach it to an artifact. i always imagined it would come at a cost of another power on a bar.
    • Like x 2
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

As someone with zero healing experience and no intention of giving the role a go because I'll likely avoid the trope of girls are healers, for life:

How easy is it for the healers to get a tank suffering from the rage of lazarus effect back to 100% health in 10 or 12 seconds? I have some worries this may be too good of a safety net for long drawn out battles or SM.
  13. Ranmaru Developer

I've only done tests by myself (as a healer) and found that while it was challenging to heal to full (5-6 prio heals + shield + soder, with the mob dead to ensure I didn't take any extra damage) I found I was able to survive when threatened but it required all of my focus to mitigate the death effect.
    • Like x 2
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It would range from very easy to moderate depending on certain factors like: Like soda/ supply drops being ready. It would have to be situation that would have lead to a wipe regardless imo.(even with the reduce healing efficiency.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ranmaru Developer

Howdy everyone! I've been hard at work fixing the bugs and other issues that have come up with the Artifact Reworks 2022 and I want to go over the feedback and talk about what additional changes I have planned.

Planned Changes

Omegaheadron

> Rank 200

Rebalance Scaling on top and bottom end to not have a negative value.

> While I still hold some layer of belief that players will learn and adjust to making a very power hungry LO with support from Omega, Cyborg, and Trolls to maximize the bonuses from this artifact, I have been convinced that at the max level there should be no inherent negative from using the artifact.

Overall % increase

>I started with Overly conservative numbers to make sure that I wasn't being insane with my numbers and overall balance. That being said I hear no cries of Overpowered so I am going to go ahead and increase the numbers to my original speculation.

> Top end increases of about 5-6%.

> Lower levels rebalanced to be less harsh negatives.

Lazarus Pit Water

Investigate cooldown restructure.

>While this uses a legacy system that may not be very flexible, I am going to investigate restructuring the cooldown of the revive to be more like 1hr/30m/15m/5m.

>This should help make it more useful at all levels

>I Am considering adding the 3% might boost in addition to the artifact, but still need to spend some cycles thinking about it.

Feedback and other notes

Lazarus Tank use/Solo use

So when we first started our look at artifacts we took a look at the data and confirmed suspicions about usage for certain artifacts; while I don't want to pull the curtain back too much on the data side of things we found that most players were just not using the Laz water so our first goal was to identify its use cases.

> What is it used for?

>When investigating this question it revealed quite the scenario, "Why should a player prepare for a situation that they don't want to occur?" was the main consensus for why players do not use the laz water. Players do not plan to die and thusly would not slot an artifact whose sole function was to rez you if you happened to die.

So then we must investigate a way for it to be useful even when you are not in the fail state. And thusly the RoL effect was created, focused on helping to add a chance to claw your way back into the fight from certain demise. This effect was targeted at Tank players looking to add another layer of survivability to their kit.

So while this is mainly focused on working when in group play with a standard team, nothing is inherently stopping you from using it in solo-play or in a divergent role; but the focus was making it useful to a specific group of players while retaining its base functionality.

Omegaheadron

Overall the focus here was to introduce a playstyle focused all around power consumption. We are always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to play the game. Even with the damage changes, I think it can find a strong spot in players LO in the future.

Gem of Horus

There is FX planned for the bleed effect, but sadly I missed the cutoff for getting the FX in on time. You should see this FX go live with EP44 or perhaps a bit earlier than that.

As always I am very appreciative for the feedback and look forward to everyone's feedback.
    • Like x 6
  16. Bullistikz Active Player

I love the fact that someone has been looking into some of the lesser utilized artifacts. I worry that the new effect on the Lazarus Pit Water may cause certain tanks and/or other individuals to Ignore Red skull mechanics. Anyway I can't wait to play with some of these artifacts again on my various characters.
    • Like x 2
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

I guess with the 5min CD it will barely help ignore mechanics
  18. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

With this change LPW obviously will be meta for SM... But why not to make it more useful for every role by changing stats to 4% dom, 4% resto, 4% vit, 4% might, 4% prec or 3% dom, 3% resto, 3% vit, 3% might, 3% prec, 3% hp with base non percentage stats health and power. I guess, this artifact was designed mostly for tanks, but who dies most? DPS... Besides will be good if Heals and Trolls can to pick up themselves too.
  19. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

The massive change to the revive cooldown at earlier levels would be huge and would definitely make the concern over accidentally reviving a thing of the past. :)

But I do understand you guys wanting to make the artifact and its statline buffs more useful for specific roles that would benefit most from a self revive, and I am fine with that, but if you left the might stat on the artifact it would be useful for all roles to use it and I think that would be the best option for a artifact like this.

In regards to what it is being used for, as I mentioned in other posts, I prefer to have the option for a last ditch effort or a just in case I screw up, just in case I get one shot, etc.

I honestly I rarely have a need to use the revive feature, especially when I am playing solo. But I have used it enough times in scenarios that allowed me to get up and pick up a bunch of other players to continue and win the battle.

And in those moments I love having it as a option, and removing the might stat makes it less effective for players like me that enjoy using the artifact.

Thanks for your time.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Sodas aren't being affected by the healing penalty on Rage of Lazarus. So if you have Bottled City Soder, you can restore 90% of your health right away. That makes getting back above 95% health fairly easy.

I also noticed that healing from Lernaea's Amulet and allies isn't being reduced.

EDIT:
    The healing debuff on Rage of Lazarus isn't working at all as far as I can tell.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.