Test Discussion Preview: On Duty Custom Play UI updates

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Jul 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

This could be happening for a few reasons. If other players are using Custom Play to manually queue for the Phantom Zone alert (which they may be doing because of the Save the Universe event), then players who queue for alerts via the Omnibus queue may get sorted into the PZ alert with the players who manually queued for it.

That said, I just made an adjustment to the weighting we have behind the scenes, so that in the case that everyone hits the Omnibus>Alert button, the Phantom Zone Alert will be less likely to be chosen from the pool of alerts. This minor change won't make it to the live servers for a while.
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

or it could be because it was the only alert that doesn't require roles to queue, and with the new custom queue fixing that, your weighting adjustment might turn out to be redundant and harm people who actually want that. or give it a month or two as compensation I guess.

On the other hand, why on this green earth is VMF STU no longer role mandatory?
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally believe it’s because it does not check for roles. So if a lot of dps are qued up at the same time it would mean that it will pop faster. Can you check if it’s flagged to check for all roles if players have roles optional turned off? I personally always keep it off since I like having each role. It’s the main reason I don’t do omni alert weekly.
    • Like x 1
  4. JackFrost Developer

Good catch. You're probably right. I was mistaken, thinking PZ was part of the current Save the Universe content, but it isn't and I think the lack of roles being required is a bug leftover from the previous Save the Universe release, where PZ was one of the pieces of content. I'll fix it up for a future hotfix. Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 2
  5. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

Maybe this is because the devs are hopefully planning to allow our own character to que/group and play with, or against legends in pvp for the near future!!! I'd love this especially for balance purposes .
  6. Proxystar #Perception

That would be the exact opposite of balance.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I wish the legend would whoop our ***** if it happened, but sadly it would be the other way around. :(

legends pve bad state callout *nudge* *nudge*
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

I did get a chance to test this UI using a controller instead of a mouse to get the feel of how it may work on a console (PS4 controller). The menu reacts smoothly with some of the functions; the shoulder buttons tab through the choices nicely.

However, the drop down menus can be troublesome if you go too fast, especially if you hit X too quickly to make a choice; I ended up choosing 2 solos to queue into that were listed close together.

I think the picture in the middle of the UI should go away when looking at the description of the raid; the entire space should be used so we dont have to scroll/use an action button (R3) very far in order to see it. When I tried to scroll down to look at the description, is was a bit sticky.

I also agree about making the interface easier to read; please keep the yellow text highlight when choosing anything in the UI; I think that will make it easier to read because it will stand out.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I've been begging for queue persistence for years on forums and in surveys.. Thank you very much for adding it.
  10. Kestral Committed Player

[IMG]

It might just be because more then normal is in the events tab causing confusion but going by the picture here that would mean if I que up a bunch of maps that I always need to be que'd for the same roles? Or could I que say DPS on Alerts and Healer on Raids since they are in different tabs still?
  11. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

12. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

I think its good for balance because weaker users just starting pvp will have more success using a legend against a veteran users maxed out character at times.(perhaps with some developer stat tweaking).
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Why would them having access to a Legend suddenly give them a chance, the Legends characters are inherently quite weak compared to our characters, you'd be creating a mess.

I appreciate your desire to mix and match against iconics but it would require buffs and nerfs that would throw everything out of whack something fierce.
  14. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

Thnx means a lot .I think devs can make it work and this will really help dcuo get alot closer to reaching it's potential so similar games won't keep surpassing dcuo. And I'd say a new user at level 1 or 3 will have a much better experience against our created players than with his 2 ability, 2sp created character lol
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

After this downtime, only the old custom play UI is up and I can't find any way to activate the new one.
    Is that intentional or something is still in the works?
  16. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I am confused too. Mepps said "update to the custom play UI" but they removed it completely, lol
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The expected update broke a lot of things, and our window for this preview has ended since we need to work towards the next game update (remember, custom play is not finished and coming later).

We'll let everyone know when the next iteration is back to test, after our next game update.
    • Like x 8
  18. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

That sucks, just wondering this does not effect the artifact reworks release time does it?
  19. Eve YouTuber

Oh that's understandable. I was hoping to see the changes. One of the comments I got on YT said that this UI feels abit slower than the old Custom UI, which I can kind of agree to. But maybe this is something that will change once we get the final product. :)
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, not at all. The custom play UI was up there as a preview, not as a part of the next game update. We wanted early-early feedback on it and will continue to iterate based on what you all have provided.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.