Stop the scammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Topsykret187, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There was always the ability to "sell yourself a soder", but naturally lose a lil from the broker fee.
  2. Swamarian Committed Player

A couple of major updates back, premium players would regularly offer reds for trades, because of their cash cap. I don't see why something similar couldn't work now with catalysts or metal.
  3. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Why can't they just do this?

Player 1 places item in box for trade, approves
    Player 2 accepts trade
    Player 1 finalizes trade or trade is canceled
  4. Dene Devoted Player

the "gambling" for rare stuff would not be as enticing.. i think that's the issues for the Devs.. not an issue for players though lol

I also think that pricing would even out.. a billion would be only for a few things etc but anyone with absolute billions would have so much still..

to work they'd have to wipe everyone to 5 Bill an account and then introduce it, or something- that would help
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I shouldn't have to pay a penalty for wanted to send my own money to my own alt. That is an unfair act.
    • Like x 3
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And, as stated previously, this will only drive people to using 'outside' means of trade....which is way riskier. Good luck getting that to stop.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If the box had an unlimited, or much higher limit, that would work. As it stands, even some sort of vendor that would act as middle man would still require 2 trades (one of which would need nothing provided from player 2) if the trade is over 2.1B or 4 items.

Of course, if they can raise the cap or item limit, a box would not be needed.
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And we were told that shutting down the ability to mail in-game cash to other alts on the same account was a temporary fix, until they could find a better way to do it. Guess they haven't been looking into this too hard - the obvious way would be to allow it to go through the shared bank. That way you keep it in the same account, without hitting people with broker fees for doing it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I wasn't insinuating that it was, I was just reminding you that it was an option if you had no one to trust with your cash and/or couldn't trade cash anymore. Shared bank cash storage or Account Bound cash should be a thing for sure.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Very true!

It just seems like to prevent the bad behavior of a few the rest of us have to suffer the same punishment. I hope a resolution to these scammers can be found that won’t adversely affect the innocent players. There are a lot of good ideas for combatting these bad actors here in this thread.

I hope they will give the Devs some insights or spur them into thinking up something they hadn’t contemplated before reading this thread.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And replays? Guess no more of those either...for cash at any rate. Unless they somehow allow putting 'raid reset' in the broker.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

The caps is also not supposed to be fit for the amount of money being around currently. Again I am talking about US side especially. Several cash and item-dupes over the past few years are largely behind the current inflation on the US side. Before raising caps further, they need to properly deal with that. Not doing so and thinking cap raising solves "the problem" doesn't make any sense to me, if anything.
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

Why do they need to deal with the problem of glitched cash before raising caps? The rest of us can’t do business safely because some people have glitched money? I’m not trying to solve “the problem” of glitched cash in my suggestions, so aping my comments might be amusing to you, but it’s not on point.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

The token idea, from earlier, seemed like a cool idea
    • Like x 1