No Fix Planned Phoenix Cannon STILL Crashing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Psycho Tech, Feb 13, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

To the DI bosses:

Curious question. Does DI have a Playstation QA team? Or one that tests more recent endgame content? It is really important going forward that bugs are patched for Playstation players and various instances such as this have and continue to occur get fixed. Not intending to fix bugs doesn't set the best precedent for Episode 43's launch and I fear that we are going to have yet another botched launch in April for an update, particularly for console players.

This is why we really need a PS test server, so any issues that may or may not be exclusive to PS or other consoles get sorted out before live server. Until this happens we will continue to experience these issues over and over again, and surveys sent out by your bosses every couple months will continue to have negative/constructive feedback regarding these problems - and subsequently less than positive word-of-mouth for your game.

The frequent stability issues and crashes loading into Phoenix Cannon raid on console from December 2019 to the present time should be more than enough proof that reproducing this issue on Playstation in your internal teams should be a priority, crashes are not a good thing and can brick a player's Playstation potentially. There are various other issues that should be monitored with an incoming game update and I would like to think your internal teams will be all over that up to Episode 43's launch this April.

LQ
    • Like x 3
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

That is because the team needs a playstation.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Gonna have to chime in and say that when it first launched, yes I had the problems everyone else did. Every group would lose half the people. I still run the raid often and I haven’t been disconnected since the fix went out originally on my ps4. Now I know 100% it still does happen, saw it 2 or 3 days ago. We lost one out of the 8. Not saying one way or the other but they may literally not be able to get it to reproduce even on a PlayStation. 5s seem worse than 4s for this game so maybe trying it on new console would yield the desired undesirable effect? But I get that they can’t reproduce it, I’ve gone in probably 20 times (less since clamp) and haven’t been able to reproduce either.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

thanks for trying & for being transparent & honest. I know you all look into a lot for these bugs. It doesn't happen a 100% of the time on me but I notice crashes more often when loading into this raid.
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

Fam, how? You literally get banned to the shadow realm before the teacher can take attendance
    • Like x 1
  6. Aerith Rose Committed Player

This has been historically a Play Station problem much more than a PC problem. Last time I ran this ( couple months ago ) people would still DC.
    • Like x 2
  7. Siramez Well-Known Player

dont worry too much about it, they're just focusing on adding more styles and time capsules rather than actually fixing things *ahem movement trail bug ahem*
    • Like x 2
  8. Korisso New Player

It happens almost everytime somebody queue for the raid how haven’t y’all been able to “reproduce this issue”????
    • Like x 1
  9. Liko Well-Known Player

Which model of PS4 is this happening on? We have the base, slim, and pro models.

[IMG]
  10. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Had this raid que up 3 times and crashed twice. This raid has been busted two possibly 3 years now; and yet its still considered playable content. PlayStation 5 literally blacked out for several minutes before I could report the error. Could yall not have just rebuilt this particular instance changing barely anything besides the entrance where most people crash? I understand its older content. Its a slight distraction from new dlcs; but this is a raid that is put in the rotation of omnibus content. And we all know how...PERSISTANT omnibus ques can be when it comes to something you don't want to run.
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm....

Since the team cannot reproduce this issue, I suggest performing a live server test. Perhaps the devs can team with players for this raid over the course of a week (Mon, Wed, Sat for example) for this raid and monitor the issues as they happen. Even if a fix is not planned, the team will get a better idea of what players are experiencing.
    • Like x 2
  12. TeenWuulf Well-Known Player

My partner plays PC and I play on PS4, and she can get in while I can't.

If you aren't going to fix this, please remove it from the omnibus queue. It crashes every single time it pops. Also please add the catalysts that drop from this to other content, because progress on that feat is close to impossible with the state of this content.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

I just came into this raid by omnibus queue... luckily i'm a PC player.
    But 6 out of 8 ppl crashed... and the ppl who joined after crashed too. We had to wait 5 minutes until we finally had a full group and start the raid.
    This raid really has to be removed from the Omnibus Tab. That's terrible.
    • Like x 3
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Will continue to bump this till its locked or im taken down. The lack of care for ps bugs is 100% due to lack of our own test server. Other games have had console test servers.. i can understand not having 1 for switch or xbox, but ps is alot of your consumers. Quite frankly, it’s offensive to our intelligence that a style bug is more important than fixing the damn content. Unless ur gonna hand out the feats or serve up repairs to our console for the nonstop crashes trying to get into this multi-year old content, something needs to change
    • Like x 2
  15. ¬Eternal Level 30

Certainly won't be ploughing any more cash into this game with this bug and there refusel to fix it... Amongst others... Its absolute joke that this raid still has not been taken out of omnibus rotation!!
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

I play on PC, but I ran Phoenix Cannon last week through Omni and, predictably, 2 people disconnected immediately. This has never really been a rare, intermittent thing.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

18. AdriGreen DCUO New Player

still happening in ps5 :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  19. beardrive Committed Player

Every time I have gotten Phoenix Cannon normal for Omnibus over the last 4-6 months, I get the BSOD (blue screen of death) and end up the PSN report screen. Sometimes I can log back in and re-queue and get in without crashing, but I usually end up in something else by then. It's Omnibus.

That I was able miraculously to log in quickly enough to re-que for Omnibus, I was given a deserter penalty.

It's time to fix this.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/phoenix-cannon-still-crashing.321288/
    It's been broken since launch and they said there is no fix planned... Unacceptable.
    • Like x 3