Stop the scammers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Topsykret187, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Topsykret187 New Player

Something needs to seriously be done about all the scams going on in this game. Player 2 player trades needs to be taken away and make everyone use the broker. Maybe raise the cap on broker sales but still keep it at a reasonable price so people aren’t out here trying to charge 6,7,8 billion for items. If you want to give an item to a friend maybe make it to where they can use league bank and that’s it. Come on people, let me get some support here, change needs to happen immediately. This can immediately stop the scamming.
    • Like x 9
  2. L T Devoted Player

My advice is: just don't pay.

2.1 Billion is plenty. Refuse to go over the cap. It's not worth the risk.

Alternately, offer something besides cash. Everyone needs catalysts and nth metal-- if they're not persuaded by 2.1bil + 500 Paradox Energy, they're probably a scammer.

Finally record the transaction and report them when you get scammed. Maybe you can get their accounts frozen. It's a long shot but you never know.
    • Like x 7
  3. Topsykret187 New Player

The problem with that is the devs make some of these drops so rare people are forced to interact with other players to get the items they want, simply locking all items to just be sold on the broker would do away with scammers all together, no what ifs. And most scammers on low lvl account they don’t care about to banning them would really do nothing.
    • Like x 1
  4. El El Committed Player

I agree something needs to be done,its getting out of hand.
    Also devs needs to increase droprate of premium boxes too.
    Increase the cap on the broker and decrease the cap on trade.Motivate people to use the broker more.
  5. Topsykret187 New Player

T
    thats the problem now, trade cap is too low causing people to have to do multiple transactions with a person before they even get there item and by then they already had to give away at least a billion with no item in return.
  6. El El Committed Player

Yeah you got a point there.
    Maybe only trade with league mates or when they have acces to you base?Most likely these should be people you know.
  7. Topsykret187 New Player

That’s what I suggested in regular post, make it broker only, or if u want to give something to a friend they can use league bank. Also it’s the new inexperienced players getting scammed which in turn deters them from playing the game which lowers out already low population even more
  8. SlipperyRichard Active Player

Nevermind the scammers, how about addressing the freaking crashing issue every time I warp or stay to long in the god awful house of legends.

Let me say it again" NOT EVERY MAP HAS TO BE A DAMN MAZE".
  9. KidKretz Committed Player

you open a trade window, you put in the money, they put in no material, if you hit yes, that is what you just agreed to, money for nothing.

my advice, stop doing that. once everyone stops doing it, no1 will ask for those crazy prices. problem solved :)

by agreeing to give money for nothing on trade transactions, you are enabling these prices and scammers, so quit it :)
  10. Topsykret187 New Player

The problem is everyone wants more then a billion for their trash items. So the inexperienced people don’t know any better.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

There’s too much cash in the economy now on both US and EU servers to suddenly expect people to settle for 2.1b for their items. That’s not a realistic situation. I don’t think I’ve ever sold anything for more than 2B (EU) but the day is fast approaching where I might want to, because that is the price that the market has set. Why would I seek to sell an item that others are offering 5B to others for, for 2.1B?

Trading is a fun and necessary part of the game and the trade and broker caps really do need to be increased to accommodate the realities of the economy. Players are not going to part with ultra rare and desirable items for a fraction of their value just because of these artificial limitations on trade, and so, unfortunately, scams will occur until this is remedied.
  12. Ryll Committed Player

I have always wanted to see an annual cash wipe across all servers in the game. Would be funny as hell.
    • Like x 3
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Uh, no. They need to increase the trade cap. Even without a trade tab people will find a way to either bypass the cap or they will stop selling the items/buying them which is a lose/lose situation.

Not to mention no one is forcing people to put 2b on the trade window in exchange for nothing.
  14. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

But how do new, unexperienced players have over 2b to buy a item or are willing to put a $20 box on trade and click accept for nothing? This makes no sense. If its a 20mil item or 20b and you click accept then its 100% on you.
    • Like x 1
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I don't do trades because theres too many scammers. I think the best solution is to eliminate trades and raise the broker to 2 or 3 billion.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCspawn87 Well-Known Player

Not gonna lie. Cash + Catalysts is a fantastic idea. I’m definitely going to use that in future trades. Cheers.
  17. iEddyGaming Active Player

You have my support! I have stopped using Trade chat and trading with people I don't know, altogether because of fear of getting scammed. Your solution definitely works. Also, definitely agree with what L T have said. 2.1bil is the max any in-game item should cost.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Actually this is an interesting thought exercise, what if you disabled cash in the trade window entirely and left the broker cap at 1bil,

It would mean the maximum amount someone could sell any given item for 1bil, it'd be interesting to see what that would do to the wider economy lol :)

I say do it haha.
    • Like x 4
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Increase the trade cap? No. If anything should be increased, it is the broker cap, so that it is the at the same amount as trade. All the money being passed from player to player through trades completely avoids any form of taxation.

At this point with the USPS/PC economy being so broken, I'd rather see money removed from trade just to see the world burn if devs don't commit to a fix.
    • Like x 1
  20. TMaare Level 30

I second this, remove cash trades (items only) leave broker cap at 1b, this will help the economy massively, may help with 3rd party cash purchases too.
    • Like x 2