Booster Bundle Remix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Fun fun 300 Dollars gone and not a single prem box, and some people in WTS chat are having "14 prem boxes for sale" , i swear next booster bundle they dont make a 5% change item a guaranteed item after you spend over 100 dollars in a 2011 year game I will not waste a single dollar on this game anymore :D worst RnD luck in history :(
    • Like x 3
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Our characters should have a VISIBLE Luck Stat we can pump points into to beef it up, with in-game equippables and/or consumables that buff it, where a higher Luck Stat = significantly higher percentage chance of getting the rarest loot!

But there I go again, making sense. I keep forgetting that in DCUO, if it makes sense, IT'S NOT ALLOWED! :rolleyes::p
    • Like x 3
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The original Nimbus, Plasmic, and Smoke Auras were exclusive to the original three boxes and thus will never be available again.

Exclusive. That means "this time only."

"But I didn't get it" isn't an argument.

Meanwhile, you have choices of many variant Nimbus, Plasmic, and Smoke Auras. If the tragedy of not having the original three auras is the worst possible tragedy you ever suffer, you have a blessed life.

Other people have to live with deaths of immediate family members, deaths of all their family, being made homeless, being diagnosed with a fatal disease, suffering traumatic injury, having the life they imagined destroyed, and worse.

Not having an aura in a video game: not actually a tragedy at all. World's tiniest violin plays.

"In my opinion I should get whatever I want, no matter what" = not actually persuasive. Two words: grow up.
    • Like x 4
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Ya, but they would charge you 'x' amount of dollars for said luck, but keep the RNG to a savage low rate, meaning luck and probability still will not help those of us who desire a certain outcome. Perhaps the next box you open, don't cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and legs, instead say, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I hope I don't get a premium bundle, I hope I don't get a premium bundle!"
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Proxy says as he explains how exclusivity works.

Respectfully, "you can't listen to anyone, except for me!" is not exactly a logical argument.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

At the end of the day, the devs can and will do whatever , they want so even if we argue about it, yes, that includes even me and you :p
    • Like x 2
  7. ¬Eternal Level 30

I once had a similar thought my friend... Surely this 1 off drone from the future!!! has to be some sort of beast right?... Similar to the Robot sidekick an the way that moves I was drooling I then woke up too....
  8. BumblingB I got better.

A good friend gifted it to me. He's amazing.
    • Like x 1
  9. ¬Eternal Level 30

Thank you I paid 800m
  10. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Tried that……
    it doesn’t work.
    • Like x 1
  11. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

cried myself to sleep last night 350 dollars gone, could have bought nintendo switch with that kind of money xD well one thing for sure never buy anything that has 5% chance anymore in this game
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

If you have loads of discretionary money to spend, so be it. If you are paycheck to paycheck, have a family or even just a few pets to support, do not feel compelled to blow a day's or week's worth of pay on a non tangible thing. Do not be prey nor fall victim to killer RNG. Have a gambling addiction? Seek help by calling the national hotline for gambling addiction. Save tears, save money, seek help.
    Must be 18 years or older to participate-

If only these boxes came with a proper disclaimer... ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. wisetoons Well-Known Player

My comment was about others who do not have those auras. Personally i need cosmic mat only, all others i have.
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

Lots of people in this thread are experience gamblers remorse, yes, that is what you are doing buying something that is stated to give you a % drop. If you cannot control yourself then stop and seek help. An 11 year old comic book MMO cosmetic isn’t worth not paying the bills, buying food, or in general cause you distress.
    • Like x 2
  15. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

I think they have some algorythm in place that sees if you are a frequent paying customer just to milk more money of you, im now up to 375 dollars and not a SINGLE F prembox , i swear .... And i get so much aura boxes tried to sell them I barley made 1 bil but prem box goes for 2.5-4bil now , I think i need to sue the company, we all remember how battlefront 2 lootboxes went bye bye , this is ridiculous ...
  16. Skoll Well-Known Player

If only addictions were that easy…
    • Like x 6
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I watched obsidian chill open 20 booster bundles and not 1 premium box so after that i opened 1 booster bundle using station cash from being a member and i got a gleaming aura box. Not going to be opening anymore but it was fun to play with the houses money.
    • Like x 2
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would it be possible to get the Booster bundle on the fate vendor for 2 destiny tokens each and a wekkly purchase limit of 1?

Would be pretty neat.

The membership numbers would rise more and the potential seals that are most commonly sold on there will be purchased in the future from the marketplace anyway. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Booster bundles would be nice on the fate vendor I guess.

I do hope you are not inferring that seals should just go back to being on Marketplace only. Adding them to the Fate vendor was one of the best decisions the dev team has made in years.
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, of course not.

I meant that the fate token, wich are usually being spent on seals, will be spent on BB's.

Because fate tokens are time limited when it comes to acquisition, its likely that many players will end up buying seals during the next 2x art xp week because they simply ran out of destiny tokens. That way we get a much happier playerbase overall and only a slight revenue delay on Dimiensional Inks end.