Stat clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solace Man, Jun 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solace Man New Player

That's a shame, but the game was never intended for you to solo run any elite content. Now the content is being played how it was designed to be. As I'm sure you know, there were many players who hated having someone carry the mission, just as many hate stat clamps
    • Like x 3
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ditto. Over the past six months I've essentially quit playing. Most days I log on for literally thirty seconds, to get my daily rewards, I collect my single Death Metal piece from Lex, and I'm gone.

It makes me sad, but no matter how I try, I find myself completely uninterested in doing more. I'd love to log on and one-shot some old bounties that used to be challenging, but now they're either not soleable or can't be done in under fifteen or so minutes. So I've basically quit, thanks 95% to the clamping. :(

My reward and motivation used to be the sense of super-ness from one-shotting bosses, be they bounties or raid/alert bosses. I can't get that from the game any more.

But, truly, I'm glad that there are so many people left to enjoy the game in its current form. I just wish I could be one of them.
    • Like x 4
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is a perfect example of how not to make an argument.

Going from insults, to another insult, to another insult, to another insult, and concluding with another insult. Well, that's certainly a choice. Very persuasive.

What could be more worthwhile than posting a string of content-free insults?
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Real question. Do you see stats for how many 'failed' runs happen in EEG/Omni, or how long some runs go? If so (and not asking you to share THAT info), is there any plan to factor these things into Omni or rewards or anything else...or will it just be left as status-quo, with only minor tweaks as needed to difficulty or boss HP or whatever?

I think a lot of the frustration with EEG/Omni/Clamp comes from the wasted time of failed or revolving door runs. Yeah, source marks are nice and all, and having some challenge in old content is somewhat attractive....but a 2 hour run in old content is never fun....a 30-40 min fruitless battle to backfill empty spots, or allow 'open instance' to try to do so is also....not fun.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not that I did it a LOT before the clamp, but I'd never blind queue an Elite post clamp. On the few I'd hit pre-clamp, yeah....sometimes 1 or 2 manning the run while a bunch of dead bodies cheered you on...was kinda fun.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rahkayo Active Player

I’m sorry but I have to strongly disagree. Stat clamping takes away from all the hard work players put into get to a high cr and everyone knows in order to level decently fast at max, you have to spend an exuberant amount of replays. You have to put the time in to beat all the old missions to get to this point but it feels like it was for nothing. New players goin into these raids on a daily basis and more often than not they can’t be completed. I can’t go back as a high cr player and grind out feats that were hard to get previously. I can’t go solo any old bounty. I can’t carry friends who want to level up faster and get to end game to play the raids and alerts with me. Idk what made y’all decide to implement stat clamping the way y’all did into the game. Did y’all not want new players catching up faster to end game even though if they don’t they will be behind for such a long time
    • Like x 3
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I finished the Eduo and Ealert solo in the last week at least 2x each. Haven't done it with the raid, but I guess yeah...SOME of the runs were meant to be able to be finished solo.

DME? Ok....that was not meant to be soloed in reg or elite. MOST other runs, even at level can and have been finished up solo more than likely. I guess all of those that last guy should have sat down? "welp...boss is 2/3 dead, but here I am solo....better take a knee as this is NOT how it's meant to be done."
  8. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Your description sounds a lot like it was before omnibus, bad pugs, if you even get a queue, lol. When I run omnibus raids without my league, I carry the group. I did a raid few weeks back, all dps combined did not equal my output. With the new players involved, it comes down to people not understanding the mechanics, how to stat for their roles, even how to do a proper rotation. Artifacts also play too much of a role but I digress.

Just saying, I appreciate your post, and I find your description of your experience to be like what I used to suffer before the clamp.
    • Like x 1
  9. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

They will catch up faster and learn by NOT being dragged through a hallway. Plus, that is what CR skip is for, get your friends as you say closer to end game.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, I think you mis-read it. While yes...pre clamp/omni, it WOULD take a long time to get into something you needed....either building a group or just being in queue, that whole time you could be running dailies, hunting bounties, playing dress-up, decorating your base...whatever. You weren't stuck in an instance throwing good time after bad with failure or just plain waiting around. Once you were in though, save a few runs that required more bodies for mechanics/buttons whatever....you got it done relatively quick. I can't remember any 'old' content taking more than15-20 min...yet I got pulled into an FOS2 run last night where I came in at 80+ min and they were at the 2nd to last boss already. God knows what happened in that hour and a half. We did get it done (you're welcome failed group) and ended up finishing with just 4 in the room while one guy who was lost stood outside and 3 empty spots were left open.

Yes...many times you did carry, but if you felt like teaching (many did) you could. If you wanted a particular feat, MOST of the people in there would go along unless it takes a LOT of time since they joined THAT run on purpose....not just queued random looking for a few 'easy' marks. Feats were the main reason most ran the old content pre clamp...so there was a vested interest there. Now people 'just want to gets paid yo!'. So most random groups are not going to get feats (if that's what you are there for) or teaching...as long as they can get out and get paid.

And again...not trying to pile on the anti-clamp thing...it is what it is...it's here to stay....and I've given up fighting it. But the experience before and after are very different. Both have good points and bad, but they are definitely not the same experience.

PS. I wonder what that guy standing outside 'learned'? It wasn't how to navigate FOS2 quickly I can tell you.
    • Like x 3
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

How is one shorting bosses challenging, that’s extremely ironic
    • Like x 2
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

What's your experience with feats runs (doing old contents for feats) ? Did you reach to that "stage" yet?
    • Like x 1
  13. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Just wanna gets paid yo! Hahaha ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

As a long time player I do feel some regret into some of the instances not being harder, but I do understand the reasoning behind it.
    Nevertheless I think it has been a huge sucess and I am grateful that it happened.
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

If I may make two suggestions, could you change the omnibus journal rewards to daily rather than weekly and maybe even set up a rotating daily instance (like that old daily instance in on duty) where it rewards players quarks for running that instance (it could be on a daily lock) that'll get some of it popping I reckon :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Just to throw another idea around as well, what about a guaranteed ally favor drop from the last boss of an omnibus run, not necessarily a lot, but something to encourage running content to get some guaranteed ally favor in addition to whats on the timer.

Perhaps an even nicer idea would (and I don't know whether this is technically possible or available depending on your resources) but what if it was additional types of ally favor as well that was class specific

Magic Favor- when fortified in magic ally it doubles in XP - example Diana
    Meta Favor - when fortified in meta ally it doubles XP - example Superman
    Tech Favor - when fortified into a tech ally it doubles XP - example Flashpoint Batman

The favor is rewarded from completion of last boss in any relevant omnibus mission so magic type content (example JLD) gives magic, meta content (example FOS) gives meta and Tech content (example Inner/Outer cavern) gives tech favor
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have a genuine question.

Is you interest in being able to one shot things?

If that’s the case why not go to cc bounties in Gotham and metro to one shot those? Why not find the easiest open world bosses to fight (the E3 bosses are super easy and bosses before that dlc are probably just as easy)?

The reason I ask is because back then you would fight these bosses for literally 0 rewards (maybe the occasional collection). So it’s not like you were fighting these bosses for rewards. It can be argued that there are a lot of things that can still be steam rolled so if your goal is to steam role why not make a thread where people find these things to steam roll through?

Who said you need a bunch of replays to get to a decent level? It’s never been this easy to level up and get to a decent level. There are literal zones designed to cr grind and one can get from lvl30 all the way up to the newest dlc within a day if they so wish to. From there you get marks to buy vendor accessories which boost your cr for dropped gear and then you can buy a set of avatar bombarder gear from the broker for cheap to get to a high cr.

So the whole “my gear I grind has been trivialized” argument is invalid. And that what gets clamped (your other form of stats don’t get clamped because of piercing).
    • Like x 2
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I play significantly less due to stat clamping. I no longer feel like gear upgrades serve a significant purpose, so I no longer have to engage in daily play.

I also don't need to subscribe anymore because of unlimited cash cap and free episodes. They tried to pretend like we would get cool, exclusive styles if we sub'd, but once I realized their version of new styles was to send me an already-collected Batman Cowl from 10 years ago, I realized that really served no purpose. So I also get the privilege of paying them significantly less money.

I'm glad that other people enjoy it. I just know in the circle of people that I play with, these features largely killed the game and we've been shifting our time and gameplay to other stuff. No hard feelings. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. As a longterm subscriber with multiple accounts, my business clearly wasn't important or needed, and the game will carry on just fine without people like me dropping $60 per month.
    • Like x 7
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now that it’s no longer possible to overpower anything through raw stats, I no longer feel any urge to be a completionist, who plays every day come hell or high water. It’s kind of sad but then again, it’s arguable that my relationship with the game is much healthier this way. I do still enjoy what I do play. But man, I miss having that sense of a long term goal.
    • Like x 4
  20. Rahkayo Active Player

So it’d better for them to have a pay to get to higher cr but if I wanna carry someone I’m the bad guy. You do know I can que a raid with just two ppl and carry them before if I needed. Why would I blind que to help someone progress faster to endgame before when it wasn’t needed but now it is. Half the time blind que won’t complete the raid anyways. I’d love dc to show some true stats of this stat clamping and how it affect completion and wipe percentage of raids from prior too.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.