Will remix booster bundle happen again or this a 1 of?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trended, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Trended Active Player

2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think that all depends on if they don't have any new styles prepared for whatever future Booster Bundle.
    • Like x 2
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It will happen again whenever the year ends with 22. ;)

But Seriously..

If it does well and they make a LOT of money.... odds are it will come back.

And my guess is that this will do very well and they will make TONS of money.

There are some VERY popular items in this BB like Cosmic Mat.... Cosmic Chroma.... Shaded Comic..... so this BB will probably sell like hotcakes.

And also... it seems you will need to open a LOT of them BBs to get the Premium Rewartd box.

Heck ObsidianChill opened 20....
    Balkan opened 10...
    and I opened 10....

And none of us got the Premium Reward Box.

So... 0 Premium Reward Box out of 40 BBs??

So sadly.... in order to get the rare items.... you will have to open a LOT of BBs.... unless you are very lucky I suppose. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Skoll Well-Known Player

I opened 55 and got 1 premium box, bear in mind, I buy them for the replays, nth and ally xp, the box is just an extra to me and a good way of making ingame cash.

I feel if they make the bundles into resurgences, they in turn make it less appealing to buy in the future. The whole attractiveness of the bundles is FOMO, with that gone, what’s the point of buying them in the future if you can spend the next few months building cash and buying everything you need on the broker instead? There’s no doubt the bundles make them more money than the resurgences, they might make a lot on this one, but it’s unclear if this will be a regular occurrence so people are buying a lot of them to get OG stuff they missed out on, so if they do this again, it’ll be interesting to see their response if they lose a lot of sales from it compared to the regular BB outings.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

There is absolutely NO chance this is a one-off. The US broker is going insane right now and it's only been a few hours, which means... players are super into this.

Remix will be a yearly BB, imo.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

IMHO, I think they are dumb if they do one every year. Yeah....demand it is super high right now, but that's because you are knocking down things that cost 20B right now to .....whatever things stabilize at. Just like the mega knock the hell out of the prices on things like Scorching aura, black hole, etc....as the supplies go up, people have less incentive to buy more. I think the same will happen here. When there are 10 Cosmic materials on the broker for 100M, why spend another 10$ on a BB to take a shot at one? Yeah, it will take a bit to get to that point, but it will likely get there....and the supply will NOT dry up in a year.

Every 3 would be more like it and they can add in whatever would come out with over the next few years....further diluting the pool and making those 'premium' ones even more valuable later.

But that's my opinion.....I have no sales numbers to back it up.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To answer the question as best I can, I have...absolutely no idea. This is 10 years in the making, so it is *kind of* a big deal, but that wouldn't be the case if it repeats.

Based on all available data, the next remix will be 10 years from now. :D
    • Like x 14
  8. inferno Loyal Player

I look upon the Magic Crystal ball and words form in the ether....
    I see...I see...

"Reply Hazy. Please deposit 25 cents."
    • Like x 3
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Just in time for the emotes update!
  10. Eve YouTuber

Praying we will see the last batch of Megzilla's forums avatars before the next 10 years :D
    • Like x 1
  11. myandria Item Storage

I quite agree; there are players asking between 5 and 10 billion for the premium box alone; why was the premium box made tradeable in the first place? In my opinion; it should have been account bound until you opened it, whatever you chose would be available to be sold on the broker.

These high prices are only temporary, though. When the booster bundle event is over prices will start to come down because there will be a lot of mats, auras and chromas available for purchase; most players will try to undercut one another just to get rid of the overstock. Only the premium boxes will remain the same price, as they are hard to get.
  12. not serious Well-Known Player

:( hoping that in 10 years, there will be plasmics :(
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awwww.... come on man..... I think your pants are on fire. ;)

Once you buy a second Ferrari with all the $$$ you will make with them BBs.... you will then decide you want a Ferrari of every color.

So then we will have a BB Remix every year....
    then twice a year.... then twice a month until you can buy all them Ferrari.

Admit it. ;) ;)
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Absolutely.
    Buy them BBs for the Replays... Nth Metal... etc.... is what I always tell people.

But the demand for those rare items is very high enough....
    and even with this BB Remix them Rare items are still pretty rare......
    So the offer will not even come close to meeting the demand.

They could have a BB Remix every year and it would still be a popular item thanks to the Rare items.

Heck... loos at the Resurgence Mega Capsule...... it still is a very popular item even if it comes back twice a year.

Pretty sure the same would be true for the BB Remix.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The odds of getting a Premium Reward Box is 5%.

And even if you do get a Premium Box..... you then have to chose 1 item out of 9 Rare items.

People had to open 50+BB to get 1 Premium Box. And then get only 1 rare item out of 9 rare items.

I strongly doubt you will see 10 Cosmic Materials for $100M each.

Heck as I type this..... there is 0 Cosmic Material on the Broker..... or 0 Rare items for that matter.
    And 0 Premium Reward Box come to think of it.

They made the Premium Box rare enough.... and you have to chose 1 material out of a dozen that the Rare Materials will still be UBER Rare.

They made them Rare Materials rare enough that they could bring back the BB Remix every year.... and it would still be a popular item.

I guess we will have to wait and see. ;)
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry....forgot the 'sarcasm' part of the cosmic materials part. A lot of people prior to the BB coming out were predicting the end of the high prices...like these things would be dropping like crazy.

The point still remains. They are selling like mad today because some of these items have been 'gone' for years. That will not be the case after today. The more often these come out, no matter how bad the drop rate is, there WILL be more supply, meaning lower prices (to a point). Lower prices mean getting them again is less desirable, and I still doubt the supply will drop off in a year.

No, a cosmic mat won't be 100m in the broker (that was a joke), but they won't be back up to 30Bil on trade either. There is a spot somewhere between where it's cheaper to 'come up' with the in-game cash vs take the longshot of getting a drop from a BB.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The odds are stated as 5%
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In theory..... yes.

But sometimes theory and reality.... not quite the same.

At 5% ObsidianChill should have receives 1 Premium Box.... but in reality..... not what happened.

Heck between the 3 of us.... ObsidianChill.... Balkan and myself we should have had 2 Premium Boxes??
    Again..... not what happened.

So yes.... in theory it might be 5%......

But if you open 40 BBs and get 0 Premium Boxes.... in reality it ends up being 0%.

Hope this makes sense. ;)
  19. comrade sonya Committed Player

I opened one and got the smoke reward box
  20. Proxystar #Perception

No, that's not quite how probability works. ;)
    • Like x 3