Test Discussion Ally: Superman

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Cardboard, Jun 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zetsu New Player

I am not a tester is all you needed to say
  2. Zetsu New Player

but Superman PROTECTS everyone

???
  3. Zetsu New Player

No
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem is that it stacks. If it would overwrite clarion for example, fine. But it stacks. We keep on stacking shields on shields and damage absorbtions to a point where incoming damage doesnt matter.

For tanks, this is a great ally and i welcome the effect as is, but making it work for the group is simply wrong.
  5. Nangaf Well-Known Player

I dont understand why everyone say that the shield is OP !!!
    yeah it give shield to the team , but you really thing 8 people in a raid will use superman ally and + breakout skill, + need to be, ice,fire,atomic,rage,earth

for me you guesse are really to high, variable x + variable y + variable z = to many guess
    And alllllll that only for a 6hit , 35% reduction shield, i think you exaggerate, ok maybe op if invulnerable shield, but not for that shield.
    also remember in a raid you have 1 healer + 1 troll soooo =6 players can use breakout skill, and need to sacrifice 1 slot for the breakout, soooo in my opinion superman shield is not too strengh, really far of OP passive.
    • Like x 5
  6. August Moon Well-Known Player

Stacks with what though? because they don't stack with each other ,you're only going to get 35%. And my point again, all of those shields i mentioned before stacks with one another. density, water tempest, troll shield , healer shield ,batman mitigation . They can all stack on 1 single person so how is this any worse? At least this is down within 6 hits and doesn't negate all incoming damage
    • Like x 4
  7. myandria Item Storage

Wow.. I can imagine groups being made of mostly tanks and dps and everyone having that passive available; not much room for healers and no room for controllers at that point.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It stacks on top of all the other shields.

We already have a water heal meta in SM / Swe+ for a reason... . Supermans passive will make the shields last even longer, wich is fine for tanks as they could still use more damage mitigation, but any other role gets shields on shields wich allows them to ignore many mechanics and dumbs down the overall gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  9. August Moon Well-Known Player

You can already mitigate most if not all mechs in swe with a troll shield or atomic shield . Popping nothing but a water shield or even this shield on a proma stomp will not save you. And cracks and pink are guaranteed 1 shots. So other than a loss boss or fire that can already be healed to save you, or jakkec's circle which you shoudlnt be close enough to take damage from is this shield mitigater going to save you from that you already couldnt be saved from?

And again ....you can just pay for death metal batman , slap it on your heal /troll/and or dps and get the same mitigation for the same duration, for the same hit limiter except you not only do you get to control when its active but it also serves as a de-taunt
    • Like x 3
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

11. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

What kind of second passive is that? People who invested into Solar Amplifier and the like wont have a reason for this. But tbh you strictly copy and paste instead of getting creative. You call it an iconic and cant get the superman emblem back but you'll be quick to add the lamest ability to your "Iconic Poster Boy". I think its lazy. 300k ally favor is an INVESTMENT for the average player. We dont all want to open our wallets and buy the favor to level this up. But not even that, tive other players a reason to actually level SUPERMAN. I'll say it again. S.U.P.E.R.M.A.N. People and devs please do not let his second passive slide. It's a disgrace honestly.

I like his first passive. I assume there will be other variations of superman with different abilities, but can we get creative with them? Frost Breath is eh. I cant comment on his damage. You used frost breath and I assume the way you calculate ST and AoE is with how the ability is used itself. His ST cant go much higher without also increasing his AoE, which would be alot tbh.

You adjusted a previous passive legendary because of the community, this one needs to be changed too. You already plan to recycle old artifacts and make them better. Dont circle back around and make the same mistakes with allies. Like come on. Who runs this place lol
    • Like x 5
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's a little suspicious that Superman is coming out right now instead of saving him for a bigger event down the line. Especially with all the devs leaving.
    • Like x 3
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Wow now I get why devs are destroying the tank role its these test server testers. Literally every week now there is a forum page asking for the devs to make tanks great and fun to play and now they listen and do something and your all are no don't doit. I have tanked in this game since 2015 and I hate how they have taken all the fun out of tanking.

Main problems tanks are facing is to many control effect stopping us they Literally add button action controll affects that a group breakout can't help with or trinket. they are finally giving us a Allie that will help. second is there is to many attacks that ignore shields. Defense is a useless stats now with damages being hp
    • Like x 3
  14. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I think its because of Superman Day, 12th of June.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

But I was trying to make the 1st passive even better :p lol
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

June 12 is Superman Day.

So..... makes sense they would give us a Superman ally around that time. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Sprangtastic New Player

For Inspiring Breakout the first passive, I really cannot see myself swapping out one of the iconic shields like hard light or Amazon deflection for the group breakout. I would much rather see this passive added to each tanks pull or aoe pull power, this way I would not have to take away from my own survivability just to protect teams members from damage. Yes I know the shield applies to the tank as well but it is not that great in comparison to other options available to tanks.
    In this game tanks are the only power sets that are not self sufficient. Trolls and healers do not need to go into iconic or movement mode powers in order to put together a loadout for content at all levels, sure they can if they want to but it is not needed. Tanks on the other hand have to go into iconic and movement mode trees in order to get a loadout for elite content. So by adding something like this passive to a power that most tanks would be running anyway, and not a power that most tanks wouldn’t be running, I think would make me more interested in leveling the ally. As it stands right now ( especially with the second passive being available by other means in the game), I really can’t see myself leveling this ally.
    • Like x 6
  18. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what i've seen, the only issue we have are the fact that its a group shield/ damage mitigation. Nobody said that this is straight up too OP for tanks to have. Its just too op for any other role than tanks to have (unless you casted it yourself of course). Thats all.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fair point. Although this ally wont only affect Swe but other instances such as SM very soon.

At first glance it seems quite similar but if you take a closer look, its very different.
    The 6 ticks with 40% damage absorbtion get depeleted with hits taken, but also with hits dealt. If you use just one dot ability, the damage mitigation effect is gone within 6 seconds. As a healer, this could still be effective, but only if the healer doesnt attack at all, wich is for some powers impossible and depending on your spec (hybrid) also highly inconvenient.
    On top of that, its the own ally and an effect that works only for you. Superman affects the whole group wich means there can be multiple effects active at once.
  20. Yaiba Committed Player

6 hits might not be a lot but for "kite tanking", "grey tanking", it actually matters. It will save you from non avoidable like ranged attacks, and they're really deadly for tanks. Also more people in the group means more hits you can get from the ability.

It does affect SWe as well, for example, proma's stomp (eternal anguish) only hits for around 300k, so that means you can get away with this passive. Who needs block ? :D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.