So Charon left DI too...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

Didn't think I will make this thread so soon but yeah, spoke to Charon on Thursday and yesterday was his last day at Dimensional Ink. It's a shame because Charon was really open about sharing upcoming stuff and keep everyone involved and excited, and he was helping alot to Content Creators and wanted to do more for us but couldn't. Plus he did some great content for the game. (I don't know why he left and it doesn't matter)

Wishing him the best on his future endeavors!
    • Like x 36
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

The DCUO developers:
    [IMG]
    :p
    • Like x 10
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Okay, look first of all best of luck to Charon for whatever it is he's off to do.

But Holy ****in hell, what the **** is going on at Dimensional Ink??

This sort of turn over is not normal and quite frankly it's disconcerting. I'm honestly at the point where this is starting to look really bad from a customer perspective, it looks like a sinking ship and it's terrible.

I'm only saying that, becaus its starting to look a little bad.
    • Like x 27
  4. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I sadly feel the same thing. It doesn't look good at all
    • Like x 8
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

BRB, booking it to the River Styxx because I refuse to lose Charon.

I kid, best of luck to him whatever he goes on to do. Hope he gets even more big, cool, amazing opportunities. <3
    • Like x 3
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I imagine this is direct fallout from the stat clamp.

I see it like this - DInk made a HUGE mistake with stat clamp which caused revenue to drop noticeably which in turn caused A LOT of internal fighting at DInk over who is to blame and the folks that had been there a long time and really cared about doing a good job just said, "Enough." and decided it was now time to pursue other interests.

Seriously, who wants to play an 11 year old game that punishes you for playing it? If it wasn't for the Event version of new content I wouldn't play DCUO at all. Get rid of the stat clamp and MAYBE some of those players that have left might come back and bring some of their money with them.

But what do I know? I've only been playing MMOs for nearly 30 years. It's not like I have any idea of what I'm talking about. I'm a nobody. /shrug.
    • Like x 5
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Nooo not Charon too...Who is gonna keep us updated now? :( It starting to feel like chrisis of infinite earth has hit the Dimentional ink aswell :confused:
    • Like x 9
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Other games clamp you. Shrugs
    • Like x 3
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, I'm not sure I'd quite go down that rabbit hole.

I'm more inclined to think there's some natural turn over + some sort of upheaval following the leaving of Jack and some stuff going on with EG7 surrounding the cancellation of the Marvel MMO, but that's just me.
    • Like x 6
  11. Eve YouTuber

This isn't a anti clamp thread, and It's bizzare to make these claims, none of us know the reasons and spreading rumors isn't helping anyone.
    • Like x 12
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Or maybe, just maybe, an opportunity came along that really appealed to him and he took it.

And if you've played MMOs for 30 years, you'd know by now that devs aren't always a permanent fixture in a game. Heck, just playing this game alone will tell you that.
    • Like x 6
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Charon left? Wow this can really destroy future elite difficulty in the future. bTW i blame the overwork the devs have to do with too little staff i dont blame them for leaving best of luck :-(
    • Like x 5
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

TBH i kind of understand the rumours (Not agreeing with them) but why are so many leaving in short space of time.

I understand it's not in companies interests to say what's going on but little bit on info does go along way. I mean asking players if they know dev friends? all time low for me and this game.
    • Like x 5
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Litteraly the best dcuo dev left.. whoever takes his spot better have similar viewpoint about the game if not we are gonna have some trouble imo charon is the dev who kept it all together for so many topics especially with all the content difficulty stuff.
    • Like x 6
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I dont even get how a game that makes so much revenue can get to this point? The people up there better change and invest into the staff and game or they can go watch more devs leave..
    • Like x 2
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Meanwhile im staring at Mepps. Isnt he like the only original GREEN still here from like 2011-2012? (I joined the forum in 2013 i think)
    • Like x 2
  18. Eve YouTuber

There is a couple more. (Jackfrost, Millbarge, Quixotic) all have been here for years. But they only interact within testing threads (Which is fine). Carp hasn't been on forums since Sep 2021, so I am guessing he left too.
    • Like x 2
  19. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Agreed, they even said after the cancelation of the marvel MMO they will invest more into current projects dcuo being included.

It could be a plethora of things but ive come around to the fact 2022 is gonna be a slow year and i hope they get right people for future endeavours.
    • Like x 3
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Working on another project just shows greed imo,They shouldve just purely focused on dcuo and they better do that from now on. I would also like to see livestreams again with the new team in the future this is a huge revamp of the staff on so many levels maybe the game will be better at the end.. going back to its roots
    • Like x 3