DCUO Development Update - May 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 31, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Hi Panderus,

I'm actually curious about something.

You're working on a native PS5 client, but what if any PC client improvements are being worked on?

From what I understand and Im wondering if you can confirm at all, but isn't the PC an old console port?

Is anything being worked on with respect to making the PC client perform better or even offer better stability?

This memory leak causing the game to crash endlessly has been left to persist now for months with little sign or word regarding any sort of improvement or fix?

Running events from the House of Legends only exacerbates the problem because it's a hotspot in the game beginning the memory leak, so adding more events running from there is only further exacerbating a negative PC experience...

Anything you can share with respect to this?
    • Like x 1
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you Panderus for the update. Be sure to tell everyone we believe in y’all and all y’all are doing a great job. Especially any unsung heroes.
    • Like x 1
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

What happened to the major graphic update?
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

hate to burst ur bubble, but they never said they were adding a 4th one. an employee simply gave their opinion, appropriately in context, in a thread discussing hypotheticals where others were giving their opinions/ideas. the employee simply stated their opinions on the subject, and others, like yourself, have taken that out of context to mean "its happening boys"....its not :p

here is the post https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/artifact-slots-we-need-more.322084/page-4
    • Like x 4
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

i love Save the Universe, it's the one time they fix/re-tune old omni content and make it more playable/enjoyable due to the enormous amount of feedback/complaining and data they collect ;)

bring it on!!!!
  6. SilverGT2000 New Player

Thank you for your sharing of this post

I was regarding the coment that Charon made about this, they never said not happening they said "IF" they were to do this, I have multiple artifacts waiting at 200 and just can't swap out every 5 seconds to the next one, that would be ridiculous and not practical. 4 artifacts slot is enough and perfect in my opinion especially when you are running feats in Elite plus 3 and 4 ect not to mention what's to come in the future. With so many options just for Tank alone for Multiple ads with Bosses to Single Boss with alot of Health alot of choices that are viable currently in game that aren't getting utilized, I have armories saved depending and still I'm short one way of another. It's just my feeling from play for so long and alot of the people I've ran with and have spoken to feel the same(granted not all players) a 4th slot is needed, more than that of course not but definitely 4.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I really don't see anything big happening in particular here, the only thing that is big is the waiting for the next Episode. The first question that comes to mind of course: Will all this wait even be worth it? If the past few Episodes is of any indication....

A new SM in sight but no balance updates, yeah feels like a pointless release imo. It will just be the same cheese and exploits dominating another SM. Atleast the loyal customers can enjoy another set of cashgrabs over the next few months though, hippedy hoppedy doo!
  8. Morning wood New Player

Can we please do a money reset or something broker is broken something needs to happen why dose no one talk about the broken market in Europe servers
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And just you make sure it includes the EXACT SAME Comic Shaded Material as last time, only this time as a FREQUENT drop, so more people can get it without having to spend BILLIONS in in-game cash! :p
    • Like x 1
  10. not serious Well-Known Player

Really disappointed to learn that the update of supercharges and abandoned, can we please have an update of travel modes instead. Because currently this is what I think is creating the most imbalance in the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The info we got to see said 2023 (if any of that is to be believed).
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

This loyal customer refuses to get involved in any of the cash grabs, and has not seen any problems resulting from that refusal, hippedy hoppedy doo!
    • Like x 2
  13. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Honestly, this was an exciting update, I just wish there were more details, I have at least a thousand questions.
    I will limit myself to 4.
    - What tier are the new allies?
    - What is homecoming?
    - Where will SM be set?
    - What theme will STU be?

& kudos for not locking the beetle style behind a time capsule. That's definitely worthy of a hat tip.
    • Like x 6
  14. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Could we integrate the forums to the chat tab in game?, it would be awesome not to log onto the pc or phone to go on forums and do it directly in game!
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

^^^^ This.
    • Like x 3
  16. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Mepps, would you PLEASE elaborate on what the new booster bundle is. Even if you can't fully explain it now, could we atleast get a hint?

Will the new booster bundle be bringing back all previous old styles? Or will it be revamped versions of old styles?
  17. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

what are some things returning? will we finally be able to pick what we get?

dudes I just want the black neon, I know that's out of a tc but its been a sad few years of me spamming every stabilizer I get into these boxes and it never drops... last bonus stabilizer I opened 50 of them in a row.. miserable existence
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good god no. Would you really want these forums to start looking like LFG, Trade and shout chat?

Now...a link to a 'readable' version, so people could check for info and updates...sure. But nothing they could log in and post with. Leave that nonsense in game.....we've got enough here most days already.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But you understand opening 50 is the point, right? If they made it so you could select your loot at will, you'd have bought 1 or 2 only. Thats 48 bucks left on the table. This is why they don't put these things on the MP too...why would anyone buy 50 stabilizers if you could get that neon for $10 in the MP 100% guaranteed?

And I'd guess Proxy is right. We'll see a return of the old BB items...maybe even ALL the OG stuff, but I'm kind of hoping it's just the standard stuff, not the 'top' ones....although, I doubt that would drive sales. I'd guess it will be a-la the resurge caps where we'll get a few choices, and on occasion, one will be an OG item...similar to how in a resurge you on occasion will see the Black Hole Accessory or Sparking/Scorching Aura, and sometimes the 3 choices are 'meh'. Time will tell, but unfortunately...you will need to keep digging for that Black Neon...it won't be there.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It's a mixed bag for me. Hate pushing back new content but I get it.

Like everyone else I need more details surrounding this special booster bundle. At new years I put myself on a strict budget which I have adhered to. The sooner we get information on what this is the sooner I can begin preparing for it...

Save the Universe can work but I'm hoping to see it get updated a little...