DCUO Development Update - May 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 31, 2022.

1. DubiousOP Active Player

any chance yall are gonna finally do something about the state of this game on the Switch?
    • Like x 1
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

That's what you get for trying to complete everything during first couple of weeks :rolleyes::D
    Content too frequent = bad, content too rare = bad. Whatever happens in this game, no one is satisfied :D

Like I said a few times in the past, I don't mind longer breaks between episodes. Especially if there are seasonals and SM to keep players busy. Might as well just take a break and not miss out on anything.

Give devs some space and time not to rush things in half-cooked state, I believe they're busy enough as it is.
    It's absolutely fine to do anything else and/or play other game aside from DCUO. :oops:

But that's just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree.
    • Like x 6
  3. Tree Well-Known Player

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the update.
    Make it work!
  4. Stag Active Player

So, are we not going to talk about that new Remix Booster bundle??
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I need to check up on where this landed.
    • Like x 5
  6. Proxystar #Perception

What did I say about the booster bundles lol, but no one believed me.
    • Like x 4
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

Imma be real here . 6 person survival mode just sounds like 3 tanks at level 16 just because the boss is doing a weapon attack that does all your health through your shield unless youre ice again and can stack your shield hardlight shield and clarion. Is there any steps to make sure tanks aren't getting hit for everything they've got plus more again like the first day of elite plus pre nerf or is that just the inevitable future tanks will ahve to face until halfway through month a surprise nerf is delved again?
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

not that no one would believe ... it's just that some didn't give a damn about BB ... some even now don't give a damn ...
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Depends on 1 boss or 2 bosses but yeah. Clarion + X spam. Roll-dodging Tank stack. Yeah nice to look forward to...not ^^
    • Like x 1
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why would they intentionally "do anything to avoid bringing out new content"? What would be the motive?

Isn't it purely in their own interest to create as much new content as possible? Don't they want to get bonuses and raises?
    • Like x 4
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Go ahead and talk.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Haha nah, I just meant people refused to believe their OG items were subject to return.

Watch them all dump their items in trade now in a desperate attempt to try and get money for them.

Anyone smart will not buy from them.
    • Like x 3
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And for sure, I’ll go tell all my friends who don’t read the forum so that they don’t think of buying any garbage with the “conditional” designation OG ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Stag Active Player

Tbh, I feel bad for all the people that paid 60b and irl cash for theirs
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

According to Panderus, they are not dropping support on PS4.

• Like x 2
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The only thing I think we should get a little more info on is the PS5 client. It's now been a year and a half since current gen dropped and all we ever get is "we're working on it". I think the people who have one would appreciate a little more than that.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Good things come to those with patience.
    • Like x 3
  18. ¬Eternal Level 30

So in other words.... We know your fed up with the metal stuff but suck it up till October an we will throw a save the universe(spam an old raid) in with a pointless 6 man SM... But in the meantime let us rinse you all once more with our capsules and BB....
    • Like x 4
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd virtually guarantee I could unload 2 cosmic mats, Smoke Aura, Solar and a few others without blinking an eye way before any BB changes go in.

But then I'd have to sub....so 'meh'...guess I'll just not have to sweat it.
  20. Incineration Inferno Active Player

I know that I am fairly new to posting on the forums here but I have been a player since the beginning and am now what you would call a veteran at elite end game. I am writing this post not to bash the devs or any players but to address the concerns I've had in the game over the past few months/years. I have also come back late late last year after a 2year break and spine surgery and am playing catch up to where I was so please forgive me.

1.) The DLC's with only one raid (Thses are becoming boring and very old, it is also causing several people to reach burn out way to soon and stop logging in altogether)
    2.) New DLC's not dropping every 4 months anymore(Again I can understand you are short staffed and trying to rebuild your development team so I have learned to be patient and understanding during thus time. I'm just not hoping thus is becoming the new standard or normal for this game.)
    3.) The CR/Stat nerf was not a good idea, or at the very least was handled poorly (You have no idea how many people have spoken to me in a negative way about this. The Omnibus should have been an additional que option for obtaining source marks & rewards, not replacing the old system as a whole. I enjoy a good challenge in content ei. Elite plus, and above, but their are a very select few feats(small %) in game that are still not achievable for most unless we go back and get them after getting higher CR/Stats. This has caused some players(not all) to have to run with speed hackers to get and I refused to run with a them to get a few SP's I need to finish the game. The older que system was much fast and not near as lagging, just select your role to que in ect. The older system where no one was nerf needs to at least be brought back as an option so some of us missing a few feats can go back and be at 100% completion on DLC's again but for zero source marks, Omnibus could be for the source marks rewards runs.
    4.) Generator Mods update Please (These are seriously out dated in most cases and not scaled properly anymore for what we're up against(tac mods, henchmen, accomplish, even orbital strikes are starting to feel weaker)and most of the tact mods in backs and legs aren't really even viable for most loadouts)
    5.) On a positive not I am looking very very foward to the 4th artifact slot whenever that comes, just wants in game already have amazing Tank ideas.
    6.) New base layout/League Hall layout & increased item counter please( A few leaguemates and I were build something amazing in a large room in LH and we could easily be over 1,000 just in a small part of it, so how about much much larger animated league hall base items during seasonal like the cascading rock water falls etc that could fill up from top of ceiling to the floor, blankets of fog that scale from ceilings to floors you can actually walk through, etc.
    7.)A Lantern Healing Power during next time it's healing powers turn (I know this one is awaiting more staff and I understand).

I'm sure there's more ideas but that's all I can come up with at the moment, and please forgive all my grammatical errors

Thanks for listening

Respectfully,

Incinerating Inferno
    702sp/377cr
    Fire DPS/Tank
    • Like x 6