DCUO Development Update - May 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, May 31, 2022.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’ll be Black Adam based. The Black Adam movie comes out on October 21

In line with the movie, you can probably expect roles for Doctor Fate and Hawkman and other JSA characters
    • Like x 3
  2. NeoSelkie Active Player

Any chance of getting the last ice QoL bit(movement mode) for ice elemental and the new nature SC outside of that revamp then?
  3. WaynesManow New Player

hope quark vendor sale will come to?
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Now will people believe me when I say they will do anything to avoid bringing out new content? The lack of investment in the game is really showing through now.
    • Like x 2
  5. Trended Active Player

Mepps tell us what month the booster bundle drops if ur a goat
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh, and thank you for adding things to the Doctor Fate vendor. Seals, Nth Metal, Stabilizers, and Ally Favor. Membership has never had more value than it does now. Just incredible! Could have never imagined we'd be here a year or two ago.
    • Like x 5
  7. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Can you give any insight into the expected scale of the homecoming event? I assume it’s a standard sized seasonal (outdoor activity and 4 man instance)? Additionally is there anything from the comics it ties into?

Edit: Also curious about SM difficulty. I think the biggest issue with it is the unnecessarily high barrier to entry. Is there any word on making the first few rounds “puggable”?
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

no were in that list is merging the factions in the game
    that is a serious issue that needs to be addressed, even the original OG WOW is merging factions

there is a serious imbalance in population in this game that needs to be fixed
    factions in MMO's always FAIL its been proven over and over and over in mmos
    • Like x 2
  9. Casey Jaymz Active Player

Lots to look forward to! Ty Dev Team!
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

Thank you for the update. :D

I am not a fan of Survival Mode simply because there is no solo version where you survive a succession of enemies for as long as possible; to me, that is what survival mode truly is. However, as long as I can buy Data Chips and shop off of the basic Survival Mode vendors (I dont expect to be able to shop off of the extra shiny one) then it's all good with me.

I dont mind the delay in content launches; "dates are subject to change" because life is unpredictable. It seems to me you should to push "Episode 44" back to Nov/Dec to accommodate onboarding new hires; just my opinion, though. With Homecoming, Survival Mode and Summer Events on the horizon, we will have plenty to do; Halloween and Winter Events follow shortly after. You could consider holding off any new content until next year and just do Spotlight Episodes for older content ("cough, cough" Hand of Fate) for the rest of the year

In all fairness, we will have more to do this Summer that will last beyond the Summer time frame than any other Summer in the history of this game; much respect for that!

Am I reading the Calendar right; we are getting "another" Batman Ally? Will this one be the mentor Batman or another Multiverse Batman (Gaslight Batman perhaps?)
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I thought they previously said it would be 'Shazam' related...probably to hype up Black Adam movie? Not that you can't go dark with that guy...
  12. Bowieite Level 30

Krypto is well and all, but, DEX-STARR, please. Maybe like the tiny Starro was. But the rest sounds alright.
    • Like x 3
  13. NeoSelkie Active Player

Another thing I noticed reading through this is that there is no mention of the new custom on duty menu that was on the last dev update.
    Has that been dropped?
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will have new sets of instances for this round of save the universe.
    • Like x 16
  15. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Paradox Wave or Nexus Raids perhaps;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

unpaid and seeds need the love more no-one is running them the styles aren't in the rare style vendor

so

unless you have a full league to raid with you are not getting into those instances
    • Like x 1
  17. Batz6 New Player

Aren't we also due for a new time capsule? The mega capsule came out on 4/20 and usually aren't they only around for a month? It's been like a month and a half now.
  18. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

lol, think my post was more towards a challenge - The raids suggested at elite difficulty would be an interesting challenge but overall i agree with your points :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Episode 44 in October??? :eek: :eek:

Ouch...... :oops:

People are already tired of the Metal content NOW.
    Heck they were already tired of the Metal content a week after Dark Knights released.

We need a new DLC now..... having to wait until October??? ouch..... I think we will lose a lot of people long before then. :( :(

That is.... not good news. :(
    • Like x 4
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

got ya, thought we were suggesting things for save the universe or raids that need to be brought back into the omnibus fold