NPC's getting new personalities... but we can't?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 17, 2022.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You...you like to see women's hands tied be...Um, Mr Shuster, it might be good to not tell anyone this.
  2. Eve YouTuber

LOL well that's one way to look at this
  3. Eve YouTuber

It makes sense because almost every NPC with powerful stance has this new stance now.
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

100% to this lol, this has been a long awaited request from players.
    • Like x 1
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Hmmm, what could the personality-specific emotes look like if any of these did become player character personalities and got their own emotes? For this one, maybe dance could be in a similar vein to the one for the serious personality? Rude could be crossing their arms and/or shaking their heads in disapproval. That seems appropriate for this sorta personality. Rest could be sitting on their knees or something. Wave could be a salut of some kind similar to the one for the powerful personality.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Thats very unnecessary. Character movements and poses are part of the skeleton of the character model, The bodies are just skins.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Unnecessary or otherwise, it's just what's been said about it in the past.
  8. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

One thing i learned in 12 years, is we can give up on our requests, until DCUO 2 or full team change internally comes there, cant expect anything customization wise sadly, can expect 1-2 seasonal new items, and styles in TC&new ep every 4-5 months thats it.

No new powers/travel transformations, body, size faces, skins , ANIMATED tails, these things wont ever come
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I wish we could use all the current emotes on all our toons. Like I have a toon that I would love to use the powerful stance in his DPS side and primal in his tank. Or have my powerful toon use the serious dance emote just bobbing his head, I can not dance at all like tragically sad, so I "dance" just bobbing my head. I like the powerful rest though but also serious rude. And my serious toon is enough of an AH that he would use the primal rude and it be in character for him. Plus adding in the emotes we unlock like blowing the bubble or kneeling to propose or cursing someone out.
  10. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

So the way they did it just increased their tech debt
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I can't speak to that, I'm just going off memory when these sorts of things have been asked, gotta remember it's been 12 years and I'm going off memory, but you could try and search for key phrases, I'm not going too though lol :D

I'd love more new personalities for what its worth, but irrespective of how easy it is, its still resources the devs would have to invest and given they're recruiting all over the place and seemingly a bit short on devs right now I wouldn't expect it in any sort of short term. :)

But, hey I mean you never truly know, right
  12. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

While we're on the subject of having more PERSONALITY TYPES to select from in game....

How about allowing us to have a different Personality Type for each ARMORY??? :D

That would give us more creative freedom! (^_^)
    • Like x 1
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'd also love to be able to pose our armory mannequins and maybe even have them have our characters' skins and hairs. Or if not that, just be able to have statues of our characters like the league hall ones. IDK how possible it would be, but a different power for each armory if you have a character that's been switched between a few could be neat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This thread needs a Murk...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Comixfan Committed Player

We haven't had a new power set since Water. No new weapon since Shield. No new movement type since Skimming.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any new personalities, body types, etc etc. All they seem to have been doing for the last few years is new/recycled content in episodes, new/recycled gear types, and, of course, new loot boxes (aka time capsules).