Is it a feeling or is the community uninterested in the game or the latest DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, May 1, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The collections are annoying and the payoff is horrible.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

;) quit careing about Alts and I promise your life will be much much better just have a main and if you feel like running a alt for whatever reason then do
    but rob them blind of anything and everything that can help your main

dont care if they have artifacts
    dont care if there geared greens and blues are good enough
    dont care if they have allies

I promise the game becomes much more enjoyable
  3. GermanM Committed Player

Agree 100%.
    Those things made people of the same league fight between them.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I like mashed potato though ;)
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, if you are not President of Belarus Lukashenko, then a lot of mashed potatoes is not very good for health (this is such a joke among the neighbors of Belarus ... I don’t know if it is understandable in other countries of the world (my memory is playing a joke with me or are you from New Zealand?) )
    • Like x 1
  6. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I know I haven't been playing nearly as much lately. I don't really enjoy any piece of content this DLC. I think I was hoping for a lot more given how little I enjoyed the previous DLC.

All I do is log in on my 3 toons, run the outside daily stuff and log off. I have zero drive to do any of the instanced content aside from my 1 weekly raid per toon.

I miss having 2 raids. Hopefully the next DLC isn't a letdown for me again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, it's all good, and I don't mind if mashed potato is bad, I'll make it even worse with full cream butter :p
    • Like x 3
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Let’s add some brown gravy to those mashed potatoes!
    • Like x 1
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It feels like a stopgap DLC. Not to take away the hard work the devs did on the DLC, but not that much changed. The raid, while fun isn't especially groundbreaking, same with the alert and duo.

As much as the community is eager to see the end of the metal era, I think the Devs are burnt out on it too. In my own life, I think the best analogy is how me and my friends approached The Matrix Trilogy. The first one came out to a wow factor. The second one was highly anticipated but sputtered out with at WTH was that. When the third one came, we were all saying amongst ourselves, okay, let's put this film series to bed.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Then despite better judgement, tried to make a fourth only for it to be the greatesst flaming train wreck of all time, so bad it literally melted the metal dumpster it was burning in.
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

As I said elsewhere in another thread before the launch of Ep. 43, this DLC is basically a live training exercise for the new hires to gain real world experience while enabling Daybreak to meet their deadline of delivering the finished product to us, the customers. Viewed in this way, it is a well done DLC. So far I have enjoyed it all. I'm pleased with the artwork. I'm glad the Metal story line is over. As someone who doesn't follow the comic at all, I was kinda lost as to what was going on all this time.

I won't disparage this DLC, Ep. 43. Yes it would have been wonderful for it to have been more elaborate with more missions but for this to be a live training exercise I think they really pulled it off.

The NEXT DLC, Ep. 44 will be the true test. This one is the one that will show us the strengths & weaknesses of the new dev team at Daybreak. For the sake of simplicity I am classifying all the employees who are responsible for putting a DLC together "dev team". I know this includes programmers, graphic artists, story board development, those who set the budget, the managers, the finance dept, ect, ect.... I look forward to how they will delight us next and entertain us in the future.

I know at this point it does sound like a very worn, broken record, but have patience and give them a chance to prove themselves with Ep. 44. I will. Unless they clamp us again then I'm done lol
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I play when I can but it feels more like a job honestly and with my career taking off in a new great direction if I'm working and coming home to work more on dcuo I will not do it. This dlc feels the same as the last and is not alt friendly imo.
    • Like x 2
  13. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

I'd like to borrow some of your optimism. Because I am all out of it when it comes to this game lol.
    • Like x 2
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

You mean the low cost vendor prices are not alt friendly? Oh wait, forgot to tab over one more…shiiiit go back! Go back!!
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I think this game has been killing alts long before this DLC.

This game needs to better distinguish an alt in my opinion, a player should not have to duplicate the grind anywhere near in is entirery to make another character.

I'd like to see things like half cost artifacts if you've built one already, the gear should be a quarter, not a half and augments should be the same, all that sort of thing.
    • Like x 2
  16. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

I've completely given up on using any of my characters except my main one. Deleted half of them. The only one i'm keeping around is for the cr boosts, so I can transfer all the stuff to my main. And it is still torture playing this game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I work a lot of hours, DLCs are grindy. Tired of killing world bosses x amount times. It doesn't take skill to do it, it's just a redundant grind from the devs. we get new augments that still have break throughs despite being useless in 3 months. We get uselsss allies we have to level up who only comes out like 5 seconds. Sadly DCUO became the same old song. Nothing has changed, it's the same episode only with a different theme.
  18. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

But that’s only after replaying the style feat. That’s 5 RP right there! But even if stuff was cheaper for alts, there would still be too much to farm.
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I sat down and calculated roughly how much it costs just to unlock skill points on alt toons...

Not including any sales, let's say we're trying to be somewhat frugal and maximizing our cash:

$85 for 10,000 Daybreak Cash

$85 / 10,000 = $0.0085 per 1 Daybreak cash

$0.0085 x 900 Daybreak Cash (cost for 350 replay badges) = $7.65

It costs roughly 10 replay badges per 1 skill point (If getting the 10 pt and 50 pt feats; it actually costs more for 25 pt feats, but just to keep the math simple)

350 replay badges / 10 replay badges (per 1 skill point) = 35 skill points for $7.65

$7.65 / 35 skill points = $0.22 per skill point (rounding up, but actually costs more if you buy the 25 pt feats)

To max out the role for DPS is about 415 skill points (325 prec or might/power + 40 critical attack damage + 20 critical attack chance + 1 + 8 movement tree + 16 weapons/mastery + 5 more for padding)

$0.22 x 415 skill points = $91.30

So let's just say, to just barely max out the bare minimum skill points for any given alt, it's about $100

If you've got 6 to 10 alts, that's $600 to $1,000 to just barely max out skill points on those alts.

(I realize this isn't counting the cost of savings of the 70 SP you get from the CR jump token)

Then on top of that...you have the cost of artifacts, augments, style unlocking, armories, etc. It's actually insane.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

This is one of the worst DLC they’ve ever done. They never learn. Just 5 things about this game that is garbage and should be easily fixable.

1. Alts? What alts? - Sp/Aug/Arts……right there is why alts are not worth having. Too much $ necessary. This game is the least alt friendly mmo I’ve ever played.

2. PvP - there is certainly a hunger for this. Why can’t they do ANYTHING worthwhile with this or just give away all the feats since they’ve admittedly given up on it. (Like they did for the old V-Day seasonal and just gave the feats since the content sucked)

3. ‘Kill bounty ‘x’ amount of times for a feat bulls*** - nobody likes this.

4. ‘Metal Universe Online’

5. The insanely high hp pools on bosses. Absolute f’ng slogfests. Boring fights, easy and long just for the sake of being long.
    • Like x 3