Switch Merge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KingFLT, Aug 3, 2020.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I think they mentioned that they are hesitant to do that again, because of the latency delay between locations. Plus, I don't see the population increasing much if they merged the EU together with the US, considering how low the US is. I think the Xbox was a success because there were more people on US to help the EU.
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

No merges are likely to happen.

A US/EU merge would mean different delays and probably increased lag either to european players or to north american players. The developers don't want that, which is also the reason why the ghost zone called EUPC is still standing on its own.

A crossplay depends on Nintendo. DBO did try to advocate for a merge, but since that would mean Switch and Ps4 playing together, Nintendo forbid it.

"Oh, but other games have crossplay".

Then go ask Nintendo for an explanation, not me. I don't work there.

I wish I did, tho.
  3. KingFLT New Player

As someone actively playing on both servers i can say that EU definitely needs a merge with only around 15 active endgame players, the US side on the other hand doesn't really need it badly if i am being honest as there are around 100+ actively doing endgame content. They still would benefit from it of course due to more people putting stuff up on the broker or play at times that are rather dead on their server.
  4. KingFLT New Player

A merge honestly is not that unlikely as the last thing we heard about it was mepps saying that he thinks it won't be much longer via mail
  5. Queenofthevirgo New Player

I get what you are saying they said tho they want to merge both servers and mepps said that it won’t be long before it happens . But yeah working for Nintendo would be awsome
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Yes, they wanted to be merged since the beginning, but Nintendo didn't allow them.

If Nintendo does allow and a merge happens I will be one of the first players to migrate to switch.
  7. KingFLT New Player

Well, according to mepps that should not take much longer so you might want to get started already so you reach t6 before the merge happens
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I made a post recently that if you’re going to quote a dev/ mod, then you should have a screen shot or link. This feels like one of those times. I know I’ve never seen it anywhere so very interested to know
  9. KingFLT New Player

That's an understandable doubt/request, here you go
    https://postimg.cc/gry9GqtK
    • Like x 1
  10. Wallachia Devoted Player

But migration would mean moving my account from one server to the other, and I'm CR 337 on USPC, so I believe I'd start at that point.
  11. Queenofthevirgo New Player

We talking about merging the switch eu with switch us :)
  12. KingFLT New Player

Seriously Devs, how can a post with over 800 views and over 100 replies have no official statement yet? Everything would be better than ignoring it even if it would just be a no or no official date yet, just don't the matter please
  13. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

Cuz it's not up to them, mepps has stated multiple times he wished it was that way but at the end of the day it's up to play station xbox and Nintendo if they want that to happen not daybreak
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

I was under the impression people were talking EU + US merge AND Switch + other platforms merge tho.
  15. KingFLT New Player

Yeah that would be the dream getting all servers merged together but i doubt that this will ever happen
  16. Queenofthevirgo New Player

Yeah let’s first start with switch and move from there
  17. KingFLT New Player

What confuses me most about this whole NA/EU merge is the fact that switch has a shared name pool between NA and EU which PC/S doesn't have for some reason
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

The server is separated inside DBG, but Nintendo's server is worldwide. Since you connect to both of them, and maybe for back-up reasons, this means the server isn't really separated, but actually re-routed, i.e., the names belong to the same place. This is also why switch server has bigger ping than pc/ps servers. The information has a much bigger way to go between server and client.

This is also why nintendo-only games have the lowest ping (Mario Kart being the lowest)/
  19. KingFLT New Player

Oh i see, guess that makes sense then. Thanks for explaining.
    • Like x 1
  20. KingFLT New Player

Sooo how are the chances some of the saved resources from cancelling the Marvel MMO are going towards a merge?