Switch Merge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KingFLT, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I agree with the idea, because when you say MMORPG and you're not from the country of the game in question, you often have that unpleasant feeling of being left out and not giving a damn about you, except when it comes to your wallet ...
  2. Termiix Sw New Player

DCUO

Hi , I am DCUO player on Nintendo Switch EU and frankly it is no longer possible to play in conditions like this. The game is empty it is inadmissible no advertisement was made at the time of its release on switch and not even after that for months that we switch players have requested a merger with the US server or a cross play with Xbox, on the hero side we are 2 leagues wich barely have the necessary members to raid. With the mega capsules "Resurgences" I still put a lot of money and in my opinion i'm not the only one so we spend time, money to hardly be able to play so I can't even imagine not what smaller players have to undergo because he barely plays until level 10 see that there is no one there so do not even continue the game and in the end the game remains empty. So I think the Switch EU community is expected and i think we deserve a merger with the US server or a cross play with the Xbox. Please do something as quickly as possible thank you very much

Termiix leader of Aube Noire.
  3. TracyStraussEU New Player

I started playing dcuo on the switch (eu, hence the name) in august 2020. It was a bit empty at the time but the way things are looking now absolutely makes me want to spend my money somewhere else. And I've thrown in serious cash...

For a while there have been hardly enough players to do most of the instances with just once, let alone collect whatever it is you need (always in absurd amounts) to level your character, gear, you name it.

We have worked real hard and also paid a lot for this game. I'd totally consider to continue playing dcuo when we'd merge with the US server. Not so sure otherwise,...sadly
  4. Termiix Sw New Player

5. Aspirit Active Player

Don’t wait for the merge. Just create pc or ps accounts and start from there.

Today it is so easy to get your gear with cr skips, you also get 90 skill points.

If you want to experience the DCUO we all have, move on, the merge is likely not going to happen ever.

Xbox couldn’t figure out a deal with the company who owns the rights of dcuo, i doubt Nintendo cares.

You will wait years and never see it happen. Gather the small community in a discord server and together as one move platform.
  6. rebelheart88 New Player

i so want to come back to this game on switch i like the game a lot but unless something is done its almost impossible to do anything and only reason i got my cr and so on so high was the seasonal sole stuff

its a fun game and i think its shame that its been left to die on switch
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

you bought a game boy and expect users to be on a server???? :eek:
    [IMG]

:p:rolleyes:
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The Switch was a terrible idea. Huge waste of resources and the rest of the servers suffered waiting for content while they worked on getting the game ready for the Switch. Whoevers idea it was should never be listened to again
    • Like x 1
  9. Queenofthevirgo New Player

10. KingFLT New Player

Is there any official updates you guys can give us after telling us in mails that you are working on it and that it should not take that long multiple times? Or was that just said to keep us happy so we keep spending money?
  11. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

We need a merge or crossplay badly. Surelya merge with NS EU and US server would be justified, if we can't crossplay with Xbox or pc and ps.
    Either that or the only stupid way would be is to convert things on switch cause of the lesser population by turning raids into alerts, some alerts into duos and some duos into solos. But that would ruin the bigger part of the game. So ignore that bit. We need a merge at least.
    • Like x 1
  12. 7wSp5 New Player

Totally agree. I am very close to quit the game (same as many other players I know) for this exact reason...
    • Like x 1
  13. CROVAX New Player

Please Devs, is this possible? It would be very beneficial for all switch players! Both NA and EU Switch servers could use the merge for the population boost. Not to mention what a morale boost it would be to finally group up with our server counterpart without having to jump through hoops and use a less developed toon. I really hope this is something on the horizon.

Respectfully,

0verhaul
    • Like x 1
  14. zRed New Player

MERGE SWITCH US AND EU NOWWWW
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’ll admit that I have no idea how switch servers work but I’ve seen enough posts to know that the game plays pretty laggy as is. Wouldn’t it just be unplayable for either the US or EU players depending on where that shared server is? It seems to be that way for pc from all the “merge US and EU ps/pc” threads I’ve seen.
  16. Time Warped Level 30

I'm curious as well. Everything I've seen is about the low performance of this game on switch and how content is barely beatable due to the lag. Wouldn't a merge just worsen everything?
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Hi. Someone who's played on both switch and pc here. There is an optimization issue with the switch after the launch of Episode 41. It had performance issues in high populated areas, like bounties, but for the most part, lag was about the same as running on PC. Now there is definitely a problem. Most likely when they were testing the update, the switch didn't get extensive testing and thus caused a problem.

The switch is more than enough power to run DCUO just fine.

If they did a crossplay with PC/PS servers, it would still have lag, but if they can optimize it better, it would be the same level as any console player has.
    • Like x 1
  18. Queenofthevirgo New Player

If the hardware isn’t the issue then I don’t see what’s hindering a merge would be beneficial for dimensional ink too
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The reason why the recent episode was delayed is because they are going through the process of making it better. The last several episodes were rushed through the approval process and just threw the optimization out of wack. I don't envy the devs having to work on 4 platforms. 5 if you count the PS5 emulator. (Soon to be 5 when they get the native client.)
  20. Queenofthevirgo New Player

I get that it’s good that they are taking their time on it and make it better I just wish they would merge the two switch servers like they did with Xbox back in the day