NPC's getting new personalities... but we can't?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

I don't get it. Why NPC's can get all those different new personalities and we are still stuck with the old ones?
    I would love to have Catwoman's idle pose as personality. Or Queen Diana\Mera when they have their hands tied behind their backs.

And even Wonder Woman got a new one...
    [IMG]

Any Dev can reply on whether It's possible or impossible to give us new personalities? I am not talking about body types, but personalities. It shouldn't be much of a issue other than resources probs, right?
    • Like x 16
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Maybe they plan to sell personalities like Final Fantasy XIV does?
    • Like x 3
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

More personalities AND emotes, please.

All the animations are already in-game, it just needs to be coded and made available for player characters. :oops:
    • Like x 6
  4. Eve YouTuber

I hope so. They never tried to, and I know that I will buy them because I am getting tired of the ones we have lol
    • Like x 6
  5. Eve YouTuber

Exactly! :oops: I am just wondering if this change means something is coming for us = the players.
    • Like x 3
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I would love more personalities. That's a pretty neglected part of the game's character customization. One based on Catwoman's animations could be called something like "sassy" or "cunning" or even "foxy." One based on the animations shown here by Diana could be called something like "heroic" or "iconic."

I think it would also be cool to have one with an idle pose like what we sometimes see Starfire do in Titans content when she has her arms behind her back. Oh yeah, Nightwing does it, too, in the mission hub on top of Titan's Tower, doesn't he? It could be called "authoritative" or "leaderly" or "confident" or something. It would also be hilarious to see male toons with the female version of the flirty personality or female toons with the hilarious male version of it. It would also just be nice since it would let men be flirtatious without just being total creeps and all douchey like that lmao.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

9. Proxystar #Perception

I'm pretty sure this sort of stuff has been asked before and if memory recalls it's to do with what it would take, with each personality there also comes a set of unique emotes and the idle pose.

They'd have to go through each body type I believe, design it for each body type and then also check for other issues like clipping with cosmetics.

I believe with NPC's they just have to do it once, or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure its similar to styles which is also why we don't just simply get all NPC styles we want.

That being said, I would also like new personalities though and new emotes :)
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok, cool...when though??? People have asked for a long while, and I don't know about them, but i'm willing to pay. So let's go....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

ive always said that id like for more customization options, like switch some emotes around or use a different flight stance so who knows maybe the npcs getting new stances could lead to a huge customization update.
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLordMarvel Level 30

Would be great to have the stance, and maybe more options for idle animations. I can see the head tilt and hand hit only so often before it gets tiresome, lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing one with the character playing with their weapon. Like admiring the sword, aiming down the blade, etc. ;P
    • Like x 2
  13. Asentmah Well-Known Player

I really think these are coming to us. I can't fully remember but, this brings me back to when I saw a comment on a DCUO twitter post asking about different flight animations. Now this part escapes me I can't remember if they answered that it is in their plans or they'll put in a request for it. Well...whatever! What im getting at, is a theory that they are prepping for an overhaul for personalities, flight and walk animations. Starting with the iconics for testing purposes. Since they still look a bit awkward.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

That would legit be so cool!

I sure hope this is the start of new stances\personalities.
  15. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Very True New Emotes/Personality Stances & Movement Are A Must In This Game Totally

I Would Really Like The Bane Type Of Personality Cause That Walk Of His (Wheew) It Talks Boss Type Vibes
    • Like x 1
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My character is creating a new personality each day.

Oh we're talking about ingame? :oops:
    • Like x 1
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

18. Eve YouTuber

19. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Yes, new personalities definitely should be added to the game. But this bug with new personality should be fixed too... It's so annoying when 80% of NPCs and Legends toons use this new pose.
    • Like x 1
  20. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

[IMG] So, uh... I know this thread is kinda old now, but I'm going through the mentor missions on an alt and got to the mission where you have Etrigan hold onto your soul so you can deal with Faust and all that and.... apparently zombie-mode gets you this pose/personality as well. Wonder if any of the other transformations do. Looks to have the powerful personality's emotes ATM.
    • Like x 1