Dev Discussion Episode 43: Open World

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Cadavern, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cadavern Developer

With Washington D.C. destroyed and the Hall of Justice reduced to rubble, you must help restore order in the area. Attacked from multiple fronts, you must use everything at your disposal to stop Perpetua's forces once and for all!

This is the testing thread for the Episode 43 Open World. Please leave your thoughts, feedback, and bug reports in this thread. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the content, as it could not only help improve the experience for yourself but other players as well!

- Cadavern

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Giant Shadow Batman Demon doesn't consistently grant full credit as intended for everyone involved in the fight.
    • Like x 1
  2. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Whats the spawn rate of Gant Shadow Batman Demon and the minions near it? My group spend like 20-30 mins in that area and no sign of boss. Considering theres a counter feat for that boss I think it should spawn back to back with little time gap.

Also adds are spawning in very low rate. Thats a bit annoying when someone(s) try to finish 500 feat in a sip.
    • Like x 1
  3. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I thought I heard the respawn is actually tied to killing adds in the area. Once you hit a threshold, he respawns. So sitting around wouldn’t get you a new boss if that’s the case.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Yeah agreed with Klark I'd love if we could get some clarity as far as the spawn rates of the boss, or how does he spawn.
    Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Is it normal to put a mission hub, or whatsitsname, far from the central mission hubs. I discovered it by chance -.-
    It's located near the destroyed Hall of Justice building, on a rooftop by the way...
    • Like x 3
  6. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Giant Shadow Batman Demon spawn is breaking in certain phases. Only the adds around the perimeter of his spawn spot are respawning, not the ones in the middle, and not the Giant Shadow Batman. I know something like this was happening with the other open world bounties on test, so maybe it's a similar issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

i did experience that "known issue" of not getting credit for the kill. did get it on the 2nd time. the other problem i had was that my main got to do the bat twice, but my alts never saw the dude. so not sure the spawn rate on him.

overall i love the new open world. i failed to pick up the mission out in the battlefield for miss martian, so i have 2 that are 1/5 and 1 that is 0/5, but no biggey.

i had a collection spot over by the washington monument that once i gathered respawned 2 more times instantly, after gathering the 3rd time i thought, oh, i hope its not bugged, i dont want to get in trouble. but sure enough it went away. i got one collection done on day 1 already with the help of the broker. so that was fun. i still think you guys underestimate how much fun some of us have collecting those yellow question marks :) would love to see some sort of event around that. this episode though, i really liked it, fast spawn rates, lots of collecting :)

sidenote, i couldnt help but think when i see all the robins everywhere that they look like a bunch of mortys :) fun times!

stealth robin missions are fun and fantastic. i didnt test just how long i can stay as robin, but it seems like i could get a giant chunk of the feat done in one sitting if i so desired. A+++ there!

A TIP FOR READERS: one thing that i experienced, was that i followed a stealth robin closing vats, and i just aggro'd the robins, and once the vat exploded, the robins disappeared giving me full kill credit for 4 of them. so this trick could be used, i suppose, to group up with someone and do those 2 quests together, could knock it out real fast, one as a stealth robin and one as your regular killer self.

so ya, cool open world, nice contrast to the map that we just had, minus that giant bat man spawn rate, credit issue, which i know u guys will figure out :)
  8. JackFrost Developer

Hey all! The issue with the Giant Shadow Batman Demon failing to respawn appears to be caused if players KO 13 or more of the nearby smaller Shadow Batman Demons in the 5 seconds immediately after the Giant bounty is defeated. This would likely only happen in instances with a lot of players fighting the same content together. We're going to roll out a fix as soon as we can, but I wanted to let y'all know so you can potentially slow your roll for that 5 second window, which should prevent this bug from recurring until we are able to get a hotfix out.

Additionally, another minor change will be included when we publish the fix I mentioned above will be that all of the smaller Shadow Batman Demons will count towards the hidden counter which causes the big bounty to spawn. Currently, once some number are defeated outside of the pit, some will start to spawn inside the pit, and only the enemies inside the pit are counted which would eventually summon the big bounty.

Thanks for the reports, and sorry for the inconvenience!
    • Like x 5
  9. Hamicrux Level 30

Not sure if this can be fixed at this point but there is SIGNIFICANT frame dropping in the open world on a PS4. Never had this issue with any open world before. It's not an issue of player body count either. It gets pretty bad just by myself around the apex predator red light jails and dark robin areas with pools. I don't even have to use any abilities to see a frame drop. I'm talking like 10-15 frames per second. The instances don't cause this. Anyone else seeing this?
  10. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Can you make enemy kills count as 2 credit for open world missions? (just like legion of doom episode). I know some of the enemies count as 2 credit but majority of them is just one credit. Its a bit annoying when you have multiple toons and progress is that slow while doing missions. Also turning most of the objective cogs are so slow which lengthens the daily mission flow.
  11. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Had a bug where all the Lexcorp decorations (boxes and turrets, etc) by the Washington Monument were gone. During this time, I could not pick up my weekly quest there (it didn’t even show up in the world or on the map). When i switched to another phase, it was all there and the quest accept worked. When i switched back to the original phase, everything was still gone there (including the decoration where the quest is located).
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feats: The Visible spectrum, Lex strikes, and Hackerman may need to be toned down a bit.

Each mission takes 5 daily missions wich results in 1 weekly contribution to the feat.

Now take that times 12 and the feat is done.

This will take 3 months of logging in almost everyday and doing all three open world missions. I feel like this is too tedious and gets progressively worse the older this episode becomes. (Stepping into the territory of the 24 new genesis bounties wich had a weekly reset).

Since its 3 seperate missions, i also dont see anyone boosting them by using replays. Kind of a missed opportunity there in terms of monetization.

Side note: For some reason the feat "The visible spectrum" only requires 10 weekly completions instead of 12.
    Another side note: We cant see any rewards for those missions. Are there even any?
    • Like x 2
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

I 100% agree.

Edit: Since i'm already logged in... there is a white point on the map, close to the "floating" container which was fixed recently. I think there is something under the ground? Just confusing every time i walk there. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

For the feat called constructive deconstruction, doesn't seem to be very clear what triggers the feat. I got it but it was just by killing constructs left and right. I thought it was paring up one construct after the other but a bit unsure..?
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Cake walk. It’s like hitting a sparring target. I thought open world enemies are to have a threat to them…? Maybe I’m wrong.
  16. JackFrost Developer

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of the object you're referring to that isn't counting towards the mission? Thanks!
  17. JackFrost Developer

Hey! Is your feedback about the daily mission enemies, or the weekly mission (bounty) enemies, or both? Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have found nothing wrong with any of the Open World mission enemies. I’m satisfied with it as is.
    • Like x 4
  19. Cadavern Developer

ill check on that for you! Can you give me a more precise location for the dot?
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I would say both. The daily enemies are cakewalk. The bounties are not that threatening as you have a tank and it (seems) that they get all the aggro. It’s not like Black Manta where bombs appear and you need to cog them or you’ll be cog’d. And this is from a dps standpoint as munitions at around 362cr.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.