Devastator too hard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nangaf, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Nangaf Well-Known Player

I dont know if it have a thread for the 4 players alert return to earth-3 (normal).
    just to say i think devastator are really too hard, i try many time with a random team and i never pass that boss, is a big waste of time, the gaz do too much damage and the animation to remove is too long, maybe after like 2min the gaz need to be removed like in the event !!!! Each time i queue in omnibus and we fall in this alert everyone leave, so maybe you need to fix it. Thank you
  2. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

How about take time to gear up and study the mechanics? ijs
    • Like x 7
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is one of those boss fights where a controller comes in handy.
    • Like x 9
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

JUst finished it like 10 minutes ago, just had to figure out what the green clouds were about and what we had to do with the Doomsday form. though we had 2 healers guess that helped
    • Like x 2
  5. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Yeah i know is possible to win, sure is easy with league team or over power team, but with random team ,3/4 of the time player are bad,always 1 healer, or 1 dps or 1 tank in the 4 players team always 1 are bad, so for team up with random player, this boss is too hard if you compare with other episode. Im not alone to say that because each time, players leave the alert to requeu in more easy alert. No time to waste to stay there for 20min for the same reward of a more easy alert, like the doomday raid everyone do this one because more easy to be reward. Maybe fix or maybe balance reward from the difficulty
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

What’s the point in content difficulty thresholds being set so that a bad team can overcome it? That’s what you’re asking for, by your own admission.
    • Like x 4
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Didn’t we do this mission together earlier today? We had no probs as I recall.
    • Like x 2
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

We were in the Open world Metal area, he means the 4 man alert lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, isn't that what event is FOR? If you can't hack reg?
    • Like x 6
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

As said above, run event version till you can handle it. Or get into an lfg group. A 1/1/1/1 group makes it easy but it ain’t hard with 1 heal and 3 dps. It’s day one, get stronger and you’ll be fine eventually.
    • Like x 6
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Exactly. ‘I was in a rubbish group on day one with last DLC’s gear and struggled. It must be too hard, make it easier’. To hell with anyone who actually wants the game to offer some sort of challenge. I’ve never seen such a poor case for a nerf.
    • Like x 4
  12. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

OMG P-LEAZZE Lol

Already With The Nerfs It Hasent Been Out A Whole Week C'mon One Day & This. Sorry Pal But
    The Refrence To Get Good Call Into Play Here

Jus As Everyone Play Event & Take Your Time To Earn The Apporiate Gear For It

Its Supposed To Be Somewhat Challenging At First & Also This DLC Will Be Around For What Next 3-4 Months

Have Some Patience To Get Better Gear/Artifacts/SP
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Wait, I just reread this. Op said it’s pooping for them each time they que omnibus?? That’s not right. OP, are you queing the new menu instead of omnibus? This shouldn’t even be an option to get if trying to do Omni runs
    • Like x 1
  14. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ran 1 tank 3 dps, its not that bad. If u get smoke on u roll away & block it out
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How so? I didn't feel any changes when I had 1.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I remember way, way back when I first started playing DCUO starting in January 2014, that when the next DLC dropped, nobody was able to complete the new raids as I recall until we obtained better gear from playing the other content. Some of the “Elite” players would grind out the better gear and beat the raid during that first week, get the better gear level drop from it, and boast to all the rest of us as to how badly we suck.

Before a raid even started, I remember getting inspected and criticized about my gear. Sometimes even kicked before the new raid started lol. Anyways, the point I am trying to make is, raids use to be so difficult they were unable to be completed the first week(s) after launch until we were all able to get better gear from the drops. Today, content is beatable when it first comes out with some team work and patience.

Personally, I am opposed to any efforts to make Regular less difficult than it currently is, and instead would recommend to those who are finding it more challenging than they prefer to play the Event version until that are able to better level up there gear.

This is the only reason now for gear progression to make Regular and Elite more satisfying.
    • Like x 4
  17. Monkeyboy Committed Player

This fight is not that hard. Roll away or dodge when he jumps to you. Get out of gas asap. Also, when there's gas out, move to the side of the room where there's no gas but don't run through the gas. Most damage is avoidable.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Defense debuff him during the second phase of the fight. If you don't notice a difference than the DPS have terrible burn.
    • Like x 4
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Good, thats how content should be. You shouldnt be randomly Q’n up day 1 an smoking content with random players and no communication or strategy etc.
    Use LFG and make a group or join a group. Cut your mic on and communicate with your team
    • Like x 2
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

NERF IT! NERF IT REALGOOD! NERRRRFFFF IIIITTTTTT!!!!!
    • Like x 1