Dev Discussion Episode 43: The Source Wall Raid

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Death Metal Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor are ready to exile Perpetua from our Multiverse, but they need your help. Perpetua has retreated to the Source Wall, so that's where we'll face her.

This is the testing thread for the Source Wall raid. Please leave your thoughts and feedback here. I look forward to hearing from you!

- Quixotic
  2. inferno Loyal Player

My only comment so far is Perpetua's eyebeam, may need just a slight delay.
    I warned the group about it but maybe since it's a new raid or just a player being stunned or in the middle of a rotation, i don't know, it was just doing wipes.
    I barely had time, from when she points at me to hitting me with a beam, to block and I was looking for it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Quixotic Developer

Adding an icon and some VO with a bit more of a delay to that attack. Hopefully it will telegraph a bit better once this is in.
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  4. inferno Loyal Player

Thanks, bud.
  5. inferno Loyal Player

I just had a report from a friend on the elite about the proma titan's stomp seems to have no pattern or skull indication before the stomp. The only indicator seems to be when she lifts her leg to stomp.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Feedback for The Source Wall (Elite) second boss:

Is it intended for The Drowned's Call of the Deep skull to hit twice? Usually I block the attack, but when I stop blocking 1-2 seconds after I can still get affected by it.

A few in my group also had this issue.
  7. Eve YouTuber

Question about the first 4 bosses. "Titans" or whatever. We needed 2 healers because they kept losing tanks aggro and killed group despite the healers healing like crazy, they just one shot through shields, even the tanks. Is THAT much damage intended? shouldn't it be split because they are more than 1 boss? And I am talking about regular. It seems they are super punishing for regular. I never ran it on test so I came completely blank to this raid.
    I doubt random queues can get it done on normal.

p.s the rest of the raid was super fun. Love the Perpetua mechanics.
    • Like x 3
  8. Quixotic Developer

I believe that's her Eternal Anguish AoE attack that she does on a health threshold - every 10% health lost. It's intended to be raid damage that puts some pressure on the healers or you can slow your dps on her to create more time between her using it.

I'll add an anim tell and a small delay for that attack so it's more obvious it's coming - blocking should help reduce the damage a bit as should shields.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there any way to make the souls more visible in the Perpetua fight? (In all versions) Maybe I was just tired but I had a really hard time trying to see where my second soul was, it was always at the opposite side of the room and similar colour to the wall around the room.
    • Like x 2
  10. Quixotic Developer

I'm not seeing Call of the Deep hit more than once in my testing. I made a small adjustment that could maybe help...though without a reproduceable case, I could only verify that the expected behavior I saw from before was still there.

If you see it hit more than once after this change, let me know - especially if you notice anything that stands out from when it only hits once.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I will probably run again tomorrow so will keep an eye out.

The only other thing I didn't mention is that there is no animation with the second tick of damage. It also doesn't occur every time.
  12. Quixotic Developer

I took a look and decided to reduce the Titan Lords' dps somewhat in Normal and a bit more than that in Event. They went through some changes while on Test but I think their dps stayed a bit too high. Let me know if it feels better after this change goes out.

And I'm very happy that you liked the rest of the raid :D
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  13. Quixotic Developer

I don't know if that change will be pushed out by tomorrow or not. Keep an eye out for a hotfix note: "Made a minor adjustment to The Drowned's Call of the Deep attack hoping to prevent it from hitting more than once"

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  14. ACLife Active Player

Yes she stomps and sometimes double stomps. There isn't a tell and we didn't see a pattern. It eats through quantum shield, water shield and blocks.
  15. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

This, please. My eyes aren't so great anyway, but these were sometimes very hard for me to spot.
  16. NotZetsu New Player

So why does it feel like live server is the true test server and everything on test is rushed out without proper testing/fixes?
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I had the yellow soul in my regular run and the second soul was always next to the wall (which is the same colour) at a completely different part of the room to where I was.

I could see the other colour soul markers fine just the yellow ones which were more disguised due to similar colour background/wall.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

With respect to the devs this is probably one of the cleanest releases of an episode we have had since Birds of Prey.

That said, I will continue to keep an eye out for any bugs that may occur. From what I have experienced personally so far it is just fine tuning certain things (like Drowned's Call of the Deep hitting twice within a few seconds).
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

There arent buggs for me the content is properly tested but interms of tuning the difflculty there will always be people once it goes live that will ask for stuff to get easyier but that has nothing to do with the devs.
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I know in the third boss battle we could never see any indication when the claws would come up under you and about wipe everyone they hit. no red to avoid or move out of just BAM your hit HARD by what looks like hard light claws coming out of the ground but greyish in color.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.