E43 - Another Batman?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

There are literally over 10,000 DC characters in the DCU, and yet we keep getting focused on mainly Batman, with a few Superman, Aquaman (only b/c of the DCU movies), and very rarely Wonder Woman?

With all the other characters and heroes / villains in the DCU, can we not get more of a variety of content?
    • Like x 6
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I stopped caring about who i kill at this point, when mechanics are constantly recycled, i might as well be killing the same person. But yea, im a bit worn out of Batman Who Laughs online. Character was ok for a bit, now its like here we go again.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

This episode is the last episode in the Metal storyline. So we hopefully move to other characters.
    • Like x 4
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering the story they're adapting for the game, what did you expect? As soon as they announced Dark Knights a month and a half ago and showed the Death Metal cover in the development update, we pretty much knew what we were gonna be getting.

Plus many of the episodes leading up to Dark Knights meant that we probably weren't going to be seeing an Ambush Bug episode coming up next. :D
    • Like x 3
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I think the metal episodes part 1 and 2 have been such great episodes, hope that ep 43 will be the same! I have enough of wonder woman i wonder how u have forgotten the amount of content we have of her lol
    • Like x 4
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Now I kind of want an Ambush Bug episode with Argyle Socks of Omnipotence as OP feet. :D
    • Like x 4
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

You forgot Flash too and yes the sad fate of DCUO worthy of a map recycling a la call of duty...

I too would really like to see other characters than the ones that have become far too present in the DCUO DLC cycle!
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

We need episodes based around:
    -Doom Patrol
    -The Watchmen
    -The Shazam family
    • Like x 5
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I want a Jonah Hex themed dlc of some kind, set in an old west location

Or ........ a story w Mallah & The Brain as the head baddies
    • Like x 2
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

With Black Adam and Shazam coming out this year in the theaters, you get two guess at who you'll be seeing more of later this year.
    • Like x 25
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh so it's Captain Carrot
    • Like x 4
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can work with that but Doom Patrol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Joker... No?

Penguin... No?

Out of guesses I suppose :(
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Will you be doing that thing the first Shazam movie did where they apparently forgot Black Adam and Sivana are two different guys?
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

why not both?
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'd settle for Doom Patrol, but I'm still holding out hope for Section 8. I like the wacky side of comics. If I want ultra grimdark, I can just turn on the news.
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

This is the part where I state Danny the Street would make an amazing open world space as well as a prime location for a few duos, alerts and even a raid or two. I can only imagine some young talented game designer using this as an opportunity to really challenge themselves to create something truly unique which will only further advance their careers ultimately leading to fame and fortune.

plus a raid in janes underground could work.

I love Cap...but he works best in his own continuity and circle of characters.

For me anyway.

I would love to see the Monster Society of Evil get the open world perpetual bounty treatment.
    • Like x 3
  18. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

So, "Shazam-Batman" vs. "Black-Adam-Batman."
    • Like x 2
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I would love an Old West DLC featuring Jonah Hex (he was my choice for the fan style). I think an Ol' West environment would definitely have a different feel to but I think it might be too much work for the Devs and while I'm a fan of Jonah Hex, I know he isn't the most popular hero in the barn. Jonah Hex may be a support character in a DLC, I don't think he would get his own DLC no matter how amazing it could be.
    • Like x 3
  20. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

There is certainly a massive amount of Batman saturation to the point you can feel like no one else exists. I see far more Batman and Flash, followed by Wonder Woman and Superman (sadly it seems Superman stuff like his "S" are held back by copyright insanity).

One would have to actually catalog every in game item and Episode to know the real numbers but I feel very safe in agreeing there is a lot of Batman saturation. I am happy to see Bat's fans getting lots of stuff and would love to see the same attention given to a lot of other characters. It's just cheaper, easier, and thus more profitable to just keep with Batman and Flash.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2