Add the Shaded comic material to the game shop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I'm of the opinion that the Shaded comic material should be available in the game shop, as many players are still looking for it, but sometimes for some players it is impossible to buy it through another player because of the exorbitant prices between players.

Also, don't forget that other players won't hesitate to look for this material on sites selling gold, because yes, some people manage to sell this material through this kind of site and I think DCUO is extremely losing by limiting the availability of this kind of very sought-after material, while sites are making money in the meantime.
    • Like x 4
  2. wisetoons Well-Known Player

A more optimistic thread then my threads.
    • Like x 1
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

What do you propose they do for the hundreds of players who bought Booster Bundles to obtain one?
    • Like x 6
  4. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

To be fair, they also got what the bundle was worth in other supplies.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  6. Proxystar #Perception

True, but no one was really buying it for the supplies, that was just their internal justification for buying a gambling box :D
    • Like x 6
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Pretty hard to make the argument that this item is so desirable that there should be a new means to obtain it, and at the same time pretend people didn’t buy BBs to try to obtain it.
    • Like x 5
  8. Proxystar #Perception

What if we put a shaded comic variant on the vendor and color lock it to a highly undesirable shade of say grey?
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

The shaded comic material has been one of the most talked about and desired materials since the first few, they will likely be making variants of it in the future.

Hopefully one of the variants will be put in as extra rewards for a future DLC, or just put on the marketplace so that all players have a chance to get it.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

They should not, and most likely will not put the original Shaded Comic Material up as a direct purchase item. Why is pretty obvious. Like others have suggested however, I am all for them releasing a variant in the near future, of which I think has a good possibility to happen.
    • Like x 2
  11. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

I've bought a few in the past with no real interest in the "bonus rewards," just for the supplies inside. It's a very cost effective way to get "topped off" on everything.

Hard, but not impossible. See my response to the previous quote. Also, once the Batman Inspired Mask went in as the 21 day reward, as a Back from the Hack player myself, all bets went out the window as far as I'm concerned. Bring everything back. EVERYTHING.
  12. Napoleon Well-Known Player

Void material made it's way on the quarks vendor, I don't see why the shaded comic material can't. I spent roughly $180 just to get the void material through capsules. Can anyone recall how much they spent on BBs to get the comic material?
    • Like x 4
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

If you don’t buy Booster Bundles hoping to get the rare reward you’re very much in the minority and I suspect you know that.

And you paid nothing for that mask.
    • Like x 1
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

Quarks vendor is for TC stuff. BB stuff has never returned. I’m not saying that means it will never happen, but the whole point of the quarks vendor is that people who open a lot of TCs but get ‘unlucky’ will have the quarks to then buy the item. Perhaps they will implement such a system for BB rares, who knows. But another key consideration is that the Void Material is still obtainable by the original method, the BB rares aren’t.

Booster Bundle rare items are as it stands a kind of social contract. You either open them and hope to get the rare or you buy one on the secondary market from someone who has spent real money. Anyone pitching any idea that takes the monetisation out of the system is unlikely to succeed. I know what it’s like to really want a BB rare and not be able to obtain it, but there’s thread after thread posted here on this forum from people who didn’t part with the money/weren’t around/can’t afford something but want it anyway. And while there is never anything wrong with asking, there’s generally a lack of any thought for the bigger picture in these posts. It’s as though the starting point is “I want X, so I should be able to have it”.
    • Like x 3
  15. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Back from the Hack Batman Helmet. They brought that back. Might as well bring it all back.

Thanks
    • Like x 2
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Okay so if they put it on the MP, what would your realistic price point be? Lets keep it to a discussion and not downplay it...yet lol But if the idea comes up to add something to the MP, which stuff certainly should be on it like this, whats the price point folks would realistic pay and what do you believe the Devs should price it as?

Now also keep in mind like others have said, its a BB exclusive so if it is sold, what are the recommendations for those BB buyers?
    • Like x 2
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

No one is forced to buy these boxes, moreover, these boxes offer additional content contrary to the possibility of buying it directly from the shop which will not offer any additional element to the purchase, without forgetting that, the lootboxes offer the possibility of reselling the item, the purchase via the shop, would only be consumed by the purchaser without possibility of being put on sale.
  18. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I'm quite sure I'm in the minority, but as someone who spent a lot of money on BBs to obtain the Shaded Comic Mat and succeeded more than once, I'd be fine with them releasing it at some point to everyone. Not a huge fan of permanent exclusivity. And while I did buy them for the sole purpose of acquiring the mat, I also did benefit from the extra rewards. So, no harm done, IMO. Also, I have many alts and would benefit from it being released again as well.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

If it was something I really wanted (I did get one btw), like the shaded comic material, $40-50
    • Like x 3
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

For pricing I would do $35 for one character and $50 that can be redeem account wide.
    • Like x 2