So...Oceans also left DCUO\Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 4, 2022.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Bummer. :(
    • Like x 1
  2. ghosts Well-Known Player

Darn, I've seen the devs being a lot more interactive with the community in this time than a couple of years back. It sucks to see one of them go
    • Like x 1
  3. Darkness13 New Player

Still waiting for that dev invasion
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, thanks for the link, I do already know about this, I have my own personal thoughts about it though, but won't share them cause it's not the forum for it :)

Like I said I honestly do wish Oceans the best, she was a good dev, I think I can safely say everyone in the community quite genuinely liked her, so whatever the reason I hope she finds happiness, balance and whatever else it is in life or her career she's seeking.

As for my general question, it was more along the lines of "hope there's nothing destabilizing going on at Dimensional Ink prompting developers to leave and Charon gave us the answer we needed :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"An" answer you mean. The only one they are permitted to give. The same one they give every single time. Stay open minded.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, don't misinterpret my acknowledgement of receiving "an answer" as you put it, as meaning I don't also understand the "corporate" type nature of the response :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What is really a pity, is that in terms of communication, I thought that Dimmansionnal INK could have improved something on this subject, besides they had evoked it themselves (INK), but in the end, no change, for a group which was supposed to bring advice and improvement to Daybreak, for the moment I see no difference between before and after...
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol at all the speculations on the reason she left.

Also

Nah it’s just that these are the only ones you get to know… because they interact with you. Turnover is expected in this industry as that get more experience as with any other job they seek higher paying avenues of employment. Hoping that’s the reason why she left in this case.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

10. zNot Loyal Player

What do you think is dimension ink doing wrong? Not enough payment? Better job offers is concerning imo, i mean dcuo is doing well shouldnt the devs get a reward too by the company?

if 4 devs leave in such a short time and they are already small dev team.. thats alot,i definetly like that new hires are coming and would love to hear more about how many new ones are coming etc.. i think most of the issues i read with dc are solved by having more devs.
  11. Achikah All About That Base

It saddens me to hear Ocaens is leaving. She was a great member of the community, and was one of the few devs to interact with us on a regular basis. Even despite the community hounding her for invasion, she still wanted to interact, was highly upbeat, and even kicked off the Extra Life charity funding months in advanced. Class act of a person, both in character and in creativity. I hope whatever adventure she has next is an amazing one.

Thank you, Oceans, for all your hard work, and good luck on the journey ahead.
    • Like x 4
  12. Eve YouTuber

Keep waiting then. Because it seems like you ignored the topic of the thread completely for a silly invasion.

Agreed with every word.
    • Like x 4
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

Posts commenting on why someone they don’t know who worked for a company they’ve never worked at left their job are so pathetic they are an embarrassment to read. Some of the posters in this thread shouldn’t be allowed out into the community. Specious nonsense.
    • Like x 3
  14. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, especially on a thread just trying to appreciate and celebrate her. TBH, I find gossiping about why she left or the workplace environment and all that quite disrespectful.

Whatever the case, I wish her well and hope whatever she does in the future goes well. Says a lot when this many players actually recognize a game's dev, her name, and what parts of the work she did. I never really participated in the Dev Invasions largely because of stuff I have going on when they happen, but I was there for one. I was doing dailies in DC and saw everyone at the spawn area all in some big battle and came over to see what was happening and saw like 20 or so Babyheads and was so confused lmao. I must have died like 12 or so times during the whole thing.
    • Like x 4
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

How can Devs invade if they working at other games or companies? :D But anyways I'd give a ton of Dev Invasions to have Oceans stay, but I realize life is more important than video games and I wish her the best in all her future endeavors :)
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

Not my business why she left or what happened, or anyone else's here. I made this thread just to honor the great job she did while working on the game and interacting with us. I will miss the flying doggo and the babyfaces, though! And That time she spawned 25 Brainiacs on top of each other lmao.
    • Like x 3
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Sad to see her go, she was one of those Devs that were more active with the community which is always appreciated!
    • Like x 6
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Whew, Another one escaped, Live free Oceans run I know your scared but you did it, you got away from those evil overloads. now if we could only help those other poor desperate souls being held captive in that DCUO prison.
    slaving away under the whips and screams of their fellow developers.
    the chains rattling still haunts my sleep *shudders*

To all the rest of you still trapped. we hear your pleas. and the underground is working tirelessly to get you help

JUST HOLD ON!! we believe in you and help is coming

[IMG]
  19. Eve YouTuber

???????????????????????????????????????????
    • Like x 2
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if your enquiring about the soon I just thought it would be fun to add the infamous Sony and DCUO soon to my post to show my support for the cause

* salutes the resistance*
    SOON tm ;)

P.S be careful their
    [IMG]