Bring back consumable clipping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CodedKills, Mar 4, 2022.

1. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Please bring back consumable clipping. We can still use consumables to clip today but only colas. What I mean by this is how back in Nexus/Wave days, we could clip using a consumable like karmic hex. If we had this in today’s meta this could make a huge change for might dps because it would allow them to use their load outs faster. As for prec it wouldn’t be as good a using mainframe bots to clip but it could still help in clipping any animation. If this was brought it could bring the game one step closer to balance.
    • Like x 7
  2. Leonite Well-Known Player

Upvoted. I would like to replace my low-damage PI superpower with a consumable. Even if the PI superpower damage is still average, allowing consumables for PI provides more variety to player loadouts. The consumables are pretty much useless except for a select few.

Of course, when this does happen, I'm sure people will ask for an extra slot in their belt for these consumables. :)
  3. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I don’t know about them adding another slot but I agree on your other points.
  4. Leonite Well-Known Player

Bump!

200+ views and only 3 upvotes. I can't believe this is not a popular "want".
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It would help with atomic tanking as well in certain scenarios. Some skulls happen very quickly and being able to clip out of a combo animation and block or roll would be very helpful.
  6. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Most definitely it’ll prove useful in that typa situation too
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryll Committed Player

Wasn't it removed because they didn't want players to be able to clip with a majority of consumables?
    • Like x 3
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Ya cause thats what we need , another exploit , no thanks we have enough exploits as it is
    • Like x 8
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

I agree it would increase the damage potential of might-based DPS and so bring top-end might closer to precision.

What I’m not convinced of, and probably the reason for the low number of upvotes, is whether there is much desire in 2022 for damage output to correlate to your ability to make your toon spaz out during a raid. I know clipping is some people’s definition of skill, but it isn’t mine, and it just isn’t very appealing to play that way.
    • Like x 5
  10. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I don’t know why it was removed. I wasn’t playing at the time the changed happened. And as of right now I believe only colas can be used to clip.
  11. CodedKills Well-Known Player

This is in no way shape or form an exploit. An exploit/glitch is finding out a power does double the damage by jumping or a power that does continuous damage by switching target to target (Hardlight Fan, Nexus Days.). This would be just another utility to be added to the arsenal like phase dodge, mainframe bot, repair bot, bots in general, holographic device, omac trinket, stat buff, supply drop. All of those listed items can be used to clip but majority of them are favorable towards precision dps versus might.
    • Like x 1
  12. CodedKills Well-Known Player

To each their own my friend but there’s no doubting it’s usefullness. If it’s added, the people using are probably gonna be end game players looking to increase their damage output. If your not the type of person to care for damage output then it shouldn’t make a difference if it’s added or not because you don’t care lol. Others will still find some use for it like the person above who thought of using it to cancel their atomic combo animations when they tank. I didn’t think of using it like that but after him mentioning that, it would be perfect for that type of situation. As for clipping: Clipping is the meta, speed is the meta. The faster your able to get off a rotation, the more damage you’ll do. If you search DCUO on YouTube you’ll find a plethora of precision dps videos who do nothing but clip.
    • Like x 2
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m an endgame player who is always looking to increase their damage output, but you shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that someone who isn’t very fond of the idea of spending the rest of their DCUO life clipping must be a casual player of some variety. Hitting big numbers is important but so, also, is fun. I just don’t find clipping consumables and truncated animations to be very enjoyable. It’s also why I am not precision. I find it boring. Although I should point out that I prefer support rolling to DPS, that doesn’t mean I am happy to be mediocre when I do DPS.

I’d like to see the devs come up with other ways to narrow the gap between top end might and precision.
    • Like x 4
  14. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I agree with everything you said and I play similarly. I also prefer that the devs have other solutions.
    • Like x 1
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

YEA cause who needs to actually see our powers I mean it is a super powered game

just give us more ways to ignore all those pesky mechanics and just bypass everything so that I can PEW PEW quicker.

its not like we are already over powered for the whole game

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

How would something intentional be ruled as an exploit? Y’all are to charitable with that term, and it’s honestly taking a toll on the game
    • Like x 1
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I’m pro anything clipping, so this definitely would be a great addition to me, and othered who prefer a faster playstyle
    • Like x 1
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

everyone doesn’t care to witness animations play out, a portion of the playerbase just wants a faster and more technical playstyle because not
    Only is it more skill intensive, but it’s also simply just what they enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  19. CodedKills Well-Known Player

This reason why I’m bringing up this topic is to bridge the gap between precision dps versus might dps. I like the animations of might moves that’s why I’m advocating for this change so I can go back to being a might dps player. When the game is favored so much towards precision in terms of troll buffs and clips that they have, as an extreme end game player, I’m forced to go precision to keep up with my peers. I would like nothing more than to be a might dps but when I am might, I get doubled on the leaderboards versus my precision friends. As soon I go precision I’m neck to neck with them. This is not balance. Bringing back consumable clipping will not be the end all be all to bridge the gap but IT IS a step forward bridging that gap. I agree that the devs should find more ways to balance the two but shooting down ideas because you want to feel more like a superhero is not the right thinking.
  20. nawanda Loyal Player

Your post was fine in my book, until the last sentence.

I think it’s sad that you see what has been a reasonable discussion as people shooting you down. It’s also sad that you’re surmising peoples motivations in such a patronising way.

You yourself state that you like the animations of might moves, why is it OK for you to like the animations but anyone else in this thread who has said that they like them isn’t “right thinking”? Is it because you think you know better because you label yourself an extreme endgame player? What if I told you I had around 700SP and completed the last SM? Would my opinion have any sort of parity with yours then? Just wondering.

In any case, you’re not the arbiter of what is and isn’t “the right thinking”. There is no real likelihood of consumable clipping returning. Every change to the mechanics of the damage role has taken it in the opposite direction, and there’s no broad support for your suggestion. Even though we’re all losers who want to feel like superheroes in your mind, that’s just how it is.
    • Like x 3