So...Oceans also left DCUO\Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

"This was my last day here, thanks everyone for everything" = "I was mistreated by my bosses who only see $$$"?

Are you high?
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I never said that. I was quoting someone else about something else entirely.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Let's not.
    • Like x 4
  4. DanXVII Committed Player

If we have new environment artists does that mean we’ll get more original maps now? Oceans was cool but all her maps looked like they were made with the base editor using old stuff. It’s got me curious if a new artist will be let loose or if they’ll simply be given the same task of making something “new” out of pieces of old maps.
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Already stated, that there are only a few of you who interact with the community, and thanks for that! Maybe tell some of the new blood coming in that they're expected to make appearances and interactions with us. Be sure to have em change the oil in their keyboards too.
    • Like x 2
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im pretty sure that the reason for that is simply the short time frames the devs have between releases. If there are now 3 persons doing the job Oceans did, maybe. But i doubt that thats the case.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm hoping that it's something like EG7 having a vision for the future of the game that is better suited by a team with different skills, vision, etc. Which wouldn't be a knock on any former devs. Lots of highly skilled, highly proficient and highly productive people find themselves in the wrong fit when companies shift focus, structure, etc.

Or it could be that when she did a walkthrough of my base, she realized the peak and pinnacle of base design had been reached and there was nowhere to go but down from there. :p

Or it could be nothing more than what Charon said, life. People change jobs for all kinds of non-job related reasons.

Oceans will indeed be missed though.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is sad news at least to me. I hope it is good news for Oceans that she is embarking on a new fulfilling career that will give her satisfaction and joy. It is depressing when someone leaves but hopefully new people will step in to bring their talents and passions to the creative development of the game we all love. I will miss Oceans.
    • Like x 8
  9. DanXVII Committed Player

They used to have a guy that they’d contract to make original maps I remember them telling us about in the livestream for when the Oa battery duo DLC was coming out. I suspect it’s far less costly to have someone on salary grab an old map and place base items from a library of thousands of assets with a couple of centre piece new ones, than it is to have a dedicated artist make original environments every episode. The hopeful part of me hopes for a chance this can change now though if there’s new hires.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

She will be greatly missed. Keep on hoopin', Oceans.

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  11. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Yes...but I don't see what that has to do with anything.
    I have high friends in places.

And now, if you don't mind, I'm going to have a drink for Oceans.
    OCEANS! /drink
  12. IonHero Committed Player

It will be okay, she will be missed, but she won't be forgotten; after all Oceans is DCUO Cannon...(and maybe even DC multiverse cannon?)
    [IMG](unless they retcon her...)
    • Like x 9
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I know, all of that is fair enough. I was just asking the pertinent question based on the fact several have left over the past recent while, I was just checking :D
    • Like x 2
  14. L T Devoted Player

In case you aren't aware:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...i512.6259j0j8&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

It's sort of a thing these days.

I get it-- I also hate it when DEVs leave, especially very friendly, visible ones. But the game industry is fast paced and demanding, and in the end we all have to do what's best for ourselves and our family.
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I mean, we had like 4 experienced devs leaving? In 2 years? Id say thats pretty normal. Once you get experience as a dev a bunch of opportunities appear at big companies. Maybe DInk didnt want to cover the salary, maybe the dev thought the experience at a bigger team would be better than having a higher salary, maybe they were tired of Texas?
    • Like x 5
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Hmm so she left due to dimension ink not supporting the devs enough financially,work conditions such as having to do alot more then usual due to not enough devs being in the team?
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Interms of new hires now that she sadly left, will there be one or multiple new devs that will do her Job? Does her leaving impact Ep,43? Does dimension ink say anything to this?
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

Thank you Oceans.
    • Like x 4
  19. Death Strike New Player

Oh that is bad and good news! Bad is because she is leaving the company! The good news is its only the beginning! That's life in the real world! One door closes and another door opens! Wishing Oceans all the best!!:):(
    • Like x 3
  20. Dilios Well-Known Player

Oceans, thank you very much for bring back the Sheer Fishnets! =]
    • Like x 4