LFG flag option

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It would be nice to make it so you can "flag" for LFG like other games (using /LFG command or so). Maybe include the role (as symbol) as well. So when you see a player or look at friends list it will show they are LFG.

For example, above my head and/or in friends list my name would would show as:

"Raven Nocturnal [LFG]"

or

"Raven Nocturnal [LFG] +"
    (the + being the role symbol)

Thoughts?
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They've said it'd be a difficult and arduous task to add roles next to names. I assume this would be the same difficulty. However, if they figure out a way or find the time to do one (roles or LFG flag), I assume it wouldn't take much to do the other as well. It's a good idea though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Friends list I get, or private chats, but if just random people how would that work? I'm walking around the HOL, see you have LFG next to your name and I send you a message. "hey...can you troll TSDE" and get reply "No...I'm level 18....and Sorcery..."

Not saying it couldn't help in some way....but I think not the way you are explaining it. Honestly I'd like to just have someone's role next to their name so I can quit inviting people that were tank at one point...but went elec or gadgets since then. "Hey bro...can you tank a raid for me?"

Edit: There is another thread with this latter topic already. Not the LFG part...the role.
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

you want a flag? I'm very confused.
    [IMG]
    If you're in a premade group, u can see roles. If pug'n, u can't see anyone until inside the instance.
    Do you want a [IMG] ?
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm thinking more along the lines of EverQuest 2, where you will see players around with a simple [LFG] next to their name. It means just as simple as that.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

When you are walking around, your name will have [LFG] next to it. You can then be inspected if desired to see if you fit the group of whomever is doing the inviting. Many other games have it, I can't easily explain it better than I already have.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

A section of On Duty that shows other players LFG would be cool too. Anything to help put groups together (especially cross-faction, since there is no "official" global chat).