So...Oceans also left DCUO\Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

She just posted it on Twitter. I wish her the best and hope it doesn't mean anything bad for the game and she did so much (Materials, auras, base items) etc. Also she was active in streams and Extra Life, so it will be so weird without her.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 16
  2. Eve YouTuber

Mepps, Charon, Red Five let us know y'all are staying with us!
    • Like x 10
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We over-worked her with Dev invasions....oh the horror!

Sorry to hear it though. Seems as though anyone who interacts much with the players leaves shortly after....hmmm...do we smell bad?

Thanks for sharing the news. Bummer.
    • Like x 7
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'm bummed myself. It sucks when a Dev leaves, especially when they interact with the community and do so much for the game.
    • Like x 6
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I wish Oceans well - all the best for the future.

However, I can't help but ask "why does it feel like all the developers are leaving Dimensional Ink?, what is going on?"
    • Like x 14
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Ah man! I shall miss Oceans and her awesome designs and base items, as well as her interactions with the DCUO community.

I wish her the best for the future.
    • Like x 11
  7. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Well this is sad news, I wish Oceans All the best, She will be missed :(
    • Like x 7
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Well damn, now im just staying for Charon. So many cool devs have left now
    • Like x 6
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Un-freaking-real... DCUO won't be the same without her. What a humongous blow to all of the livestreams and fun community events. Oceans, your hilarious personality and infectious laugh will be missed tremendously. You are an absolute All-Star. Wishing you the very best!

;__;
    • Like x 7
  10. STsource Well-Known Player

Huge loss - Kinda makes me wonder what's happening over there.
    • Like x 7
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Plus now I gotta learn a whole new set of toons to figure out what phases the dev invasions (if they happen anymore) are in. We'll miss the Bark Boss.
    • Like x 3
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I blame the higher-ups. Probably treating the devs like dirt because all they see is dollar signs $$$
    • Like x 4
  13. Physique Dedicated Player

Like with most development cycles, while it's sad news, it's expected. Sometimes it's down to an opportunity opens up somewhere that is too good to pass up. I'd like to think this is the reason why Oceans (and many others) are moving on. It will be different not seeing or hearing her on the livestreams but I also look forward to the next person coming in. Between Oceans and Megzilla, the art bar is set pretty high so I wish the next person all the good fortune in the world. With this crowd, they're doing to need it.
    • Like x 9
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Nothing is happening over here. We have new hires, we have people interviewing for spots that are now vacant, we have people moving on to other things for various reasons, etc. life happens. Better opportunities happen.

We will all miss Oceans. She and I worked very close together on a daily basis. Fortunately, she taught me some cool stuff over the years and even cooler stuff we can do going forward. I've already been making orbitals, auras, materials, chromas (not as epic as hers of course) and she's given me some tools to make even better ones.

For lairs and the like, another environment artist did the most recent lair. We have lairs in good hands. We also have people here interested in continuing Dev Invasions and we're set up to do so, thanks to Oceans - TBD when but the potential and interest is there.

With all that said, she will be greatly missed by many here at the studio and amongst you, the players. We are all happy for her future opportunities and wish her the best. I'll probably still bug her like I do NerdofPrey on the regular.
    • Like x 40
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

She's gonna be missed a ton.
    • Like x 5
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hope she comes on here and sees all of the support! Good luck Oceans thank you for everything!
    • Like x 4
  17. Eve YouTuber

I appreciate you writing this. We don't have alot of Devs that openly interact with the community (well Now It's just you and Mepps) so this is one of the reasons everyone loved Oceans too. Idk what it means for Extra Life and future streams, but hoping to see more Devs stepping out of the shadows to hang with the community!

I'm glad to hear we will still get cool materials, auras and lairs. Oceans' Legacy shall live on!
    • Like x 11
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

Source: your ears.
    • Like x 3
  19. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Nooooo, not Oceans, too! I remember mentioning the Pastel chromas had trans flag colors and that when I get around to it, I'd like to make one of my trans characters a Pride look with them and she liked it. Such a wholesome person! :(
    • Like x 2
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It was pretty much written that way, so yeah.