Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. KidKretz Committed Player

• Like x 1
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Imagine some entitled players gatekeeping the Batman mask, THE, BATMAN, MASK on a DC comics game because ten years ago Sony had hacking problems that wasn't Daybreak's fault and they got it as a thank you gift on top of other gifts? And they don't want other players having an iconic item like that? Did they pay for the mask in the Marketplace? No. Did they do an Elite raid to get it unlocked? Nope. Did they open capsules and hope for the best in RNG? Nope. All they did was happen to be around during that time and now they're upset others can have access to it. Shouldn't we all be happy the playerbase of DCUO gets this now as opposed to a small few? Some players now weren't even born or old enough to play the game back then should they be punished by not having the official Batman mask as a result of them not being around then? Kinda disgusted with the entitlement that a few players have in our DCUO community, really saddening. I'm glad we're getting more EXCLUSIVE items released to other customers that want to play and pay for subs for DCUO. If there's nothing in March for you now then resub again when there is. Not the end of the world to get a Batman mask in a DC game ya know?
    • Like x 6
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I don't have a dog in this fight tbh... I'm a kitty after all.
    I will say that I'm surprised you reuse an oldie instead of giving us a retextured version... this way old players have less reason to hold a grudge and everyone gets a prettier version. Something to keep in mind for future references perhaps.
    • Like x 6
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

• Like x 2
  5. AnOldPlayer New Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/batman-inspired-mask-return.204422/page-5

Quoting Spytle:

And while I know that guy is no longer around, he was a Dev back then...

But we know It will not change anything, ultimately, they own the game, and will do whatever they want to do, regardless of has or hasn't been said before...
    • Like x 3
  6. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Lmao and what you gonna do if they do bring them back? Nothing! And I already know you aint gonna quit either cause you and I both know it'd be dumb to quit playing a game because more people have the same aura as you lol
  7. Butterball New Player

Seems people have a foggy memory. Batman-Inspired Helmet and Two-Face mask were gifts from launch on PC only available month of January 2011. The only way PC players got the style was having characters created that month (January). PS launched about the same time as the hack. The only thing cool about that style was it meant you were from the beginning. Kinda lame. What's next months style going to be? One Year Anniversay Cape?
    • Like x 1
  8. Brit Loyal Player

That is not at all my position.

I would counter with a very reasonable approach. If you and I pay the same subscription, why should you get a rarely exclusive style and I get... a style peice that says "Already Collected" that I cannot use, serves no purpose, and is not tradable to other players so I can't even sell it on the broker.

Everyone who was here for the Hack does not get their style peice this month. Instead, we get... nothing. Nothing new. Nothing special. Just a big "You don't matter", where our money gets us less than what yours does.

So tell me, why should one subscriber get the promised exclusive style, and another subscriber, a faithful longterm subscriber, get less.

That's not the old players thinking they're better.

That's the old players just wanting to be treated EQUAL.

So why do you, the new player, think that you are so much better than us that you deserve something more than us for paying the exact same amount for a subscription.

Old players are just sick of being treated worse than new players get treated.
    • Like x 4
  9. sebfm Well-Known Player

I'm personally as much surprised as hyped with these rewards. Thx dev team.

People who already got it surely have adds they can give it to. And there is still the feat which remains exclusive.

I'm fan of the idea of having all styles available in a way to every player, no matter what. The only thing that should make a difference between two players should be the amount of feats earned and this goes exactly the way I think. So I can't be more satisfied.
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I don't understand why you are so hyper-focused on this in particular then. It's just the nature of MMOs and progression. The farther you are ahead... the less you get in comparison to the people beneath you. Everyone new has to be able to catch up eventually. It's just one of those things that you will always experience and for good reason. Nobody wants to play a game where they have zero chance of ever getting to the top. It's not all about you and your 20 bucks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Fixed that for you ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I've already replied to this nonsense once, so I'm just gonna quote myself:

It's like some of you so-called "Day One Players" are a bunch of N00BS that still don't know how things work in this game! :rolleyes:

P.S. I still haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, so I'll say it now: The style in question is only truly noteworthy due to it being limited to one subset of players for over a decade. And for the first few years after it was given, they were the only players in the game to have "Batcowls" for their characters, as it was the game's first "Batman-Inspired Head Style". But as a replica of Batman's Cowl, it's CRAP! It's a futuristic, high-tech spin on it that's better suited to "Elseworlds" and "Wannabat" characters. And the Female version is better than the Male version, because it actually covers the nose properly, and works as a Catwoman Head Style!

But we were long ago given much more accurate Batman Cowls to use in the game, first in the Marketplace (where they're still available for only $2 US) and later on in the Knight of Vengeance Time Capsules. So when people argue about this as if it were the only Batcowl in the game, I do this --> :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Never said you don't matter just said you don't matter more than other players and quite frankly having a tantrum over an 11 year old style being brought back does not make you look good not to mention you had it exclusive for 11 years, thats longer than most MMOs even last.

I have the bvs batman and superman emblems and paid money to get them from the market place and it would not bother me 1 bit if those styles were brought back and given away for free to members, i also paid $20 for the batman cowl that now costs $2. Have you loved every monthly style they have released so far, do you even use all of them? Old players are not getting treated worse than new players they are being treated equal and you can't handle it because you think you sub is more important then theres and you want to lord over them and thump your chest yelling i was here since beta or 2011 look at me.
    • Like x 2
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i agree 100%
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Wow you sound salty.. i can bet you are the addict here.. did someone with a OG plasmic triggered you or what happened :-(
  16. LoganCaron Active Player

Suggestion: Would be awsome if we could put a material on the emblems..im done for now;-)
  17. Kid Quark Level 30

This reminds me of when I spent hours farming treasure chests to get the feat that gives the title 'Billionaire,' only to have that feat granted to anyone who uses a CR advance token. Since Daybreak gives out one of those tokens for free on a yearly basis, well, the title 'Billionaire' doesn't feel special any more. I'm sure that eventually CR advances will include 'Tragic The Gathering' as an unlocked feat, which will also be a bummer as one who worked for over a year to get that. (NGL, CR advance got me to 20k, so I really only did the last 5k on my own) :p

I have the Batman and Two-Face masks as well as the hack hoodie. I also have the Facebook exclusives which really aren't that useful anymore but are cool to have equipped. It's no surprise if Daybreak chooses to eventually make those available. It's not much different from the feats I mentioned above.

As for the monthly member rewards, here's my take. I took an unexpected hiatus from the game back in December and wasn't sure if I would be back or not. I decided that maybe I'd play on my husband's account, which he hasn't used in years, and see what the Premium experience was like. What I learned was fascinating.

You totally do NOT need a membership to be functional and have fun in this game. The rewards, while nice, don't have a significant impact on gameplay. Additionally, I learned that you can play this game and not spend a single dime on micro transactions and still be successful.

I haven't bought stabilizers, catalysts or anything else during my time on my husband's account or since I came back on my own. In fact, I'm not planning on spending any money on this game ever again, and I say this as one who had subscribed pretty much non-stop since game launch. Why sink money into a game where there's no benefit? $5 in marketplace cash? Replay badges? Meh. Old styles rehashed? Ho hum. Fate tokens when you've farmed every style from the old vault and have years worth of Omegas stacked up from Promethium lock boxes? Boring.

The subscription just became a habit. I've taken all the money that I used to spend on DCUO and subscribed to Audible, which I'm enjoying immensely.

Daybreak will continue to get my time. I'll be logged in and available to run content and contribute to the population. But that hiatus I enjoyed just opened my eyes to how little value a membership actually offers.
    • Like x 1
  18. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Exactly! I mean it only took them getting their personal and financial information compromised. I was one of those unfortunate people so I appreciate the causal attitude about it. Also it's not THE official Batman mask but rather only a Batman inspired mask. They have other more "official" Batman masks/cowls in game.

I completely agree that their is nothing wrong with them re-releasing the Batman mask or any other previously "exclusive" items for that matter. It's just disappointing that they chose this avenue to do it.
    • Like x 2
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Oh man don’t get my hopes up. Trade Chat is going to be lit if what I’m thinking is coming through lol
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If this was 2 years ago I’d have the brightest torch and the biggest pitchfork. But honestly, I have zero passion left for this game and what they decide to do with it anymore. Bring it all back as a member reward or Fate vendor item. I’m talking exclusive styles, old BB auras and mats, everything. It really isn’t worth the energy being upset about imo. More people would be happy than upset I think. I might actually even spend more than the bare minimum again for alts