Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Nah, I buy 10 :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Are you buying 10 red flags? o_o ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Only if they're limited edition red flags ;)
    • Like x 5
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

so ur fine with DCUO shutting down, just as long as they dont give ppl these styles? well thats weird!
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, Star Wars Galaxies is the worst possible example to choose, as that game failed and failed HARD! That's why it was shutdown and replaced by Bioware's Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've read up on the history of SWG, and it was not pretty. A perfect example of a poorly done licensed game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

Since I already have the Red Robin suit from when Titans was new, and since I've already got the Batman Mask from when your company was hacked and my credit card information was compromised online, and since the attuneable gear attunes weaker than the stuff that drops when I actually run the content, making it literally serve no purpose beyond Salvage...

So I'm not supposed to sub for March, right?
    • Like x 4
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Bit of a leap there.

However, getting down to the nitty gritty of it, the only way to get the Elder Jedi gifts in SWG was to be a Jedi player before the NGE was put into place. No exceptions were made.

Before yesterday, the only way to get the hack gifts (including the Batman-inspired mask) was to be a DCUO player who played before the hack took place and returned. I honestly wouldn't have had a problem if it had stayed that way.

Sometimes, through no fault of your own, you miss out on a special gift, deal or reward. It happens. If I happen to miss out on something because I wasn't present in the game or my sub lapsed, so be it.
    • Like x 3
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The game ran eight years total, six years of those years being after the NGE, and to the best of my knowledge development was continuing on the game when the shutdown announcement came. Personally speaking, I think the game would have probably kept going for a while longer had EA not gotten the exclusive license to Star Wars games shortly before the shutdown announcement came. It always raised a red flag for me that the combination of EA getting the exclusive license and release of SWTOR (a week after SWG's shutdown) came so close to SWG's shutdown announcement. But that's getting into conspiracy theory territory, and I'm not going down that particular rabbit hole today. :D

And considering some of the complaints I've heard over TOR's latest content release, I don't really know if THAT'S the best example to use either. LOL
  9. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I’ve been a member since launch. I survived the hack and have the rewards. I was never reimbursed for the money I spent on a game I couldn’t play. I can accept others being able to receive the style. I like in some ways that exclusive styles like the Superman emblem or og smoke should now be on the table for those that missed those things.

I want something else for those of us that have been loyal and continued with the game. Not only does it devalue the style I have but I also don’t get/need this reward. Even though I’ve paid another monthly subscription fee. Please do something additionally to show me long term players are rewarded for their loyalty. That’s the only piece of this I see missing…
    • Like x 4
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

To be fair we got all the subscription days we missed back and another 30 days added on top of it.
    • Like x 5
  11. TheBatmanofDcuo New Player

Anything is planned for The Batman film ?
    • Like x 2
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I would love to see the classic batman emblem return since it came and went while i was on a break from the game and its the only batman emblem i ever wanted so it kills me that i missed out on it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Michael17 Well-Known Player

after 2 yeas away from dcuo im coming back just to take that amazing mask, thank you dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  14. Slade New Player

Not cool. As someone who went through the hack and still came back this is kind of a bad move. I get it has been 10 years and I get that people want it. But it was compensation for returning customers who stuck with the company after a clear violation of privacy.

I am canceling my sub, not that anyone cares. But if enough old school players stand up and leave, then companies in the future will think twice about destroying exclusive rewards for customers who stuck with them.

Again not trying to get into a debate with anyone. I am just making it clear as to why this just cost you a customer that was a member on launch.
    • Like x 5
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If you are really going to cancel over a 11 year old style item being brought back then... I actually restarted my sub because of this, i think its a great idea and hope they bring more old styles back so i guess they lost you and gained me and probably others as well...
    • Like x 4
  16. Brit Loyal Player

I dunno. I think losing the customer that has been paying them money for 11 years, to gain a month's sub out of a guy who didn't think the game was worth his money last month, still sounds like a net loss for them in the long run.

Lose one customer, gain another. But not all customers are created equal.
    • Like x 4
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The better question is why do you care so much if someone else gets a style you have had for 11 years? I actually started this game in 2013 and other than the break i took i had subbed the whole time up until they got rid of the cash cap and then i stopped subbing and just restarted my sub for another year yesterday and even when i wasn't subbing i still spent money on the game.

You seem to have this attitude that just because you have been around a long time that you are better than other people and the reality is you are not , you are just another player like the rest of us and maybe you need to get over yourself. I would also add that if you would really quit over a style item there's no way you would have lasted all these years so my guess is you are just flexing and not going anywhere.
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I shake my head at all the commenters who seem to think that the thread topic is what they think of other members and how they allegedly must think.

"I agree/disagree with the dev decision in this matter" is a perfectly reasonable sort of comment.

"Only a pathetic moron could think differently than I do about this" = not so much.

(This is not the only such thread in the history of the forums; I'm just saying.)
    • Like x 5
  19. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

ITT: People that don’t know what “exclusive” means.
  20. Starblast Well-Known Player

Here's the problem I have. I understand DLC/Pre-Order exclusives during that time often eventually sold the pre-order bonus months down the line. However, in this case, it is a very conflicting matter in the way it was implemented. I could understand people purchasing the cosmetic item only or something. Also, this is an MMO as well. I mean...if this is a sign that people that spent thousands on booster bundles to get OG Materials/Auras in this same format. Many materials as well have feats behind them such as the phoenix one. I was literally ONE collection piece from getting it and finally had to just use my quarks because I wanted it. Anyhow, I only have one toon I barely use that already wears this so it isn't a big deal. From a marketing perspective, you would think they should have made it an Enhanced Style and allowed the Style to be for purchase only. Even if it is an insane amount of Marks. That's my opinion on this. I am happy though that people will get that style if they love it and were never able to. Just be aware, that many others have played a long time and would like that option to get rare styles/auras/base items/materials/etc too.