Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I'm going to take a wild stab next month's Doctor Fate's reward is going to be the back from the hack Two-face mask style. This month's recycled reward is very disappointing.
    • Like x 2
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

When hovering my mouse over the portrait it says not colllected even tough I got the old batman inspired head style so I'm hoping that this version has a nose cover or at least that we are able to use a maks with it.
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Oh so what you’re saying is “The switch and Xbox players should have been hacked and got it 10 years ago when they had the chance?”
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I understand the upset from players not into this item coming back for others. It was a very special thing, even if you never wore it. That said, it's a fun mask and it hasn't been in the game for over a decade - so you have felt special for a long, long time.

Its return is also - by far - the most common player request in the history of the game. I'm glad it remained 'special' for such a long time AND I'm glad that we were finally able to rerelease it for anyone who missed it.

On a side note, I don't think we have used the word 'exclusive' in anything related to DCUO in at least half a decade, and I don't see it used for this looking at my notes / the early announcements. If you think something has been promised in some way, please cite your sources so we're all on the same page.
    • Like x 22
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Really hope this means loosening the reins on other long lost styles like the aforementioned Impersonator set :D
    • Like x 2
  7. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Wow, if they re-release old smoke, plasmic aura's again there will be a MASSIVE community meltdown lmao
    • Like x 2
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would love to get a re-released version of the Tom-bot!

I use him for the 5% health buff as buff troll and although he bugs a bit when standing still while out of combat, the comments of him are just hilarious and always cheer me up.

Would love to see him more in the game. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i know a lot of players that still have some OG auras and wont sell "just because"...

I wouldnt mind if they bring them back even though i own a couple of those badboys.
  10. zNot Loyal Player

aslong as OG plasmic and other OG materials/auras are not part of this in the future im ok with it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Good morning, do the team have any plans of re-releasing the two face style as well?
  12. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Agreed, but the reaction would be priceless :D
    • Like x 1
  13. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Don’t take this the wrong way, but you don’t sacrifice the “Day 1” players for the sake of pleasing the others. To be honest, I am not even really upset about the Batman Mask being handed out. What I am upset about is it just seems like the Devs need to start taking care of the Vets that have made this game thrive over the last decade +.

I will continue to subscribe even though I have taken 2 losses this Month. 1. For the Mask 2. For the lack of reward I get this month.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and Not question the Devs. But question Myself. And the Loyalty I continue to provide this game. This is just my opinion. Not trying to get banned or be rude. But good grief…
    • Like x 3
  14. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

Will previous pre 2015 booster items listed as "exclusive" remain exclusive or will they be coming back as well? Personally feel they should remain exclusive and newer variants should just be created.
    • Like x 1
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Its a tile thumbnail, not an actual style piece thumbnail. It will say you have it collected when you receive it. The actual photo in the announcement shows that it doesn't have a nose piece.
  16. El Presidente Well-Known Player

I've been here since the beginning and already have this cowl. I couldn't care less about the exclusivity of virtual items in a game. I'm happy that some people can finally get access to a style they've been wanting. I'm also very disappointed that the big members reward this month is something that some members already have. I think this would have been better If it had been released alongside a new item as a special bonus or as a reward for logging in on a day after 21.
    • Like x 2
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

+1 Id like to see the old member pets come back!
    • Like x 1
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Don't forget that the "veterans" you speak about are also players ( like myself) that came to the game in the from 2012-2015, never got the chance to get the helmet, and supported the game for at least 6-9 years. Don't forget us, and just focus on the slim few that don't exist in game anymore!
    • Like x 1
  19. AnOldPlayer New Player

Maybe not an official commitment at launch, and I know that guy is no longer around, but back in 2014:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/batman-inspired-mask-return.204422/page-5

quoting spytle:

I know you own the game and you will do whatever you want to do, this will not change anything - just sharing since it's been asked.

• Like x 2
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It seems the OG smoke and the auras in this bundle may be up for grabs with the loose wording and lack of "exclusive" in the mix.

[IMG]