Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Personally, I stopped my subscription because it's not really interesting anymore, except for the few trifles, but paying for recycling, STOP!
    • Like x 1
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Maybe in 11 years , 2033
    • Like x 1
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

by then, we might be dead with all that's going on in the world right now...
  4. Aetrius Well-Known Player

It's a style I don't have. It's also a style I'll never use on any of my toons. But looking at the overall picture, I like the idea that they might bring back some of the old stuff that we may have missed over the years. I've played DCUO off and on, and there's plenty of freebies that I have (most of which I never use), but there are others I missed that I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on. This does open up the possibility for that, so I'm all for it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I doubt that, very much, the same as I doubt that you'll ever see "exclusive" items in the Fate Rewards.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Here is my video where you can see that it is a pet that fights with you for a limited time.
  8. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

it's the 1989 batmobile that should be drivable in the game now !!!
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Oh hey I have that... all those friends I got to play the game...
    • Like x 1
  10. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

I’m impressed definitely excited for a second Bat Drone! Already have the Collector’s Edition Bat Drone on both my PlayStation and my PC accounts, tho will definitely be getting the Combat Pet so I can have both versions out at the same time. Honestly the first time and likely only time I’ll be excited for a Combat Pet. Would also love to see a Bat Drone Accessory for our characters like the Bat Wing Accessory, and a Bat Drone Base Pet like our Joker’s Flying Jester Base Pet. Really liking the direction the game is going, good work devs.
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

does it have the same pet power cost reduction?
  13. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

apokoliptian warrior chest of omnipotence style next, please?
    Really hard to get for the horrible drop rate, besides the fact that is very difficult to queue to Darkseid's war factory raid.
    Or at least put it on Doctor Fate vendor.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was mistaken, The batdrone that I was thinking off was an old pet that shared the slot with RSK. From what I know it has the same requirements/cost so it should have the same power drain.
    • Like x 1
  15. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Having been around since day one and already in possession of Batman-Inspired mask, I'm fine with it's return.

I also have the pre-order Batman Legend, OG Plasmic, Nimbus, Cosmic, etc. auras (with still a few unclaimed - not currently for sale, fyi). I'd be fine with ALL of them returning cause I have them because I wanted them and not to exclude everyone else from having any of them.
    • Like x 3
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

That’s awesome. Even though it was limited I’m glad it’s back for those that didn’t get the chance to get it originally. Don’t be greedy people, be happy for those unlucky enough to miss out on it.
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

1. I'm actually very happy with this. Having exclusive styles, items, etc return many years later is just good marketing. Especially since the game launched on two other platforms that would NEVER be seeing these items. This is good and they should do this more with styles like this.
    2. Exclusivity can't happen in a game. We are merely playing their game. We sign a TOS that states they hold all rights to change anything they want at any time.
    3. Most of the developers that held the whole "exclusive means exclusive" have left. I don't just mean in this company. The gaming industry has changed. We are in an era where a gaming company is trying to make NFTs a thing. (Which leads back to #2 point, since we don't own anything if the servers go down.)
    4. The only things that would be a problem is dated things or license issues, like Back From the Hack feat (though I think you should be able to unlock it if you have it on one character), titles for years, and maybe styles that were dated for a specific event. (1 year cape as an example, but again, should be able to unlock on alts if you have it.) But again, if they ever made them available, I'm okay with this.
    Now about that Batman Legends character. The one Batman I actually wanted and could never get. Don't get me wrong, all the other ones are great and all, but the Mentor that I chose when I started this game was forever barred from me.
    • Like x 4
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I don't have the mask and don't really care for it....but I don't play dress up a lot and have other Batman cowls that look better (IMHO), like the one from the MP. But if they are dipping into 'exclusive' items I'll sub the month they give out the 'back from the hack' T-shirt, Elvis suit or maybe I'll finally get that Tom-Bot! I get the complaints though....as the only people who might possibly have the mask are the people who've supported the game for potentially 10+ years, they are likely to p-off they very people they should be thanking the most.

One thing I'd like to point out is that as these day 21 rewards were a big part of the 'daily grant' system....I'd have thought they would have like 10-12 months mapped out ahead of time...and they'd have had months to work on that list. I'd like to believe there are more enticing styles out there like Fate's helmet that could have been on that list and re-releases and auras that are similar to others already in game...wouldn't be needed. Maybe staffing or creative challenges nipped a few of those and well...adding something already in the game takes no major work.

My subs end today (thanks Jan 31 and Feb 28 for the 3 bonus days!)....I'll probably pass on this one. I'll get it for free in 4 or 5 months when it hits the Fate vendor.
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I'll be happy to let other players have it. As long as you guys give up your personal and credit card information. Good trade no? ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I don't support or cater to players that are not around anymore. #FreeTheStyles

(I'm a player that has all the og auras and mats, ALL of them, and I'm fine with them returning. ;))
    • Like x 1