Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Obsidian sais it early in the video... 2 Pet Trinkets.....
    Go on test and try it out. You will see that it last the same amount of time as the Pet does.
  2. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Yall are crying about a mask that some people once had and now everyone gets. Its not that big of a deal. So what. You're not gonna quit the game because of this. You know why? Because its going to make alot of people who don't have it happy (which is ALOT of players). Therefore majority of the player base is going to be happy. And when majority of the player base is happy the game is fun.

I hope at some point they bring back EVERYTHING. You can't expect for everyone to religiously play nonstop for 10+ years just so they don't miss an item they want. Certain players have already ruined the in-game cash economy anyway. Bringing back old styles, auras, and materials would be a way to get things back in order and the economy straightened out a bit.

It would be hard to sell a smoke aura for 100 billion if there's 50 of them in the broker.
    • Like x 5
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Fair enough. Where we kind of differ is about what’s exclusive and what isn’t, in a gaming sense. People who joined the game at any point after the hack were excluded from that item for an incredibly long time. It’s very common in gaming for items to be made available on an ‘exclusive’ basis and then be more widely available after a passage of time. I don’t think ‘exclusive’ means forever. And I think it’s also really key that the players who received that item didn’t pay anything for it. They can’t claim to have been deceived or mis-sold. It was a gift.

I don’t think this opens the door to former Booster Bundle rewards being made available again, but it does open the door to free items being made available.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's also very common in the aspect of MMO's having certain exclusive items that stay that way, they were solely meant for the players at the time. Whatever we may think of it, players take pride in having stuff like that. Nothing wrong with it, games and bragging rights go hand in hand.

It does seem like this item was never formally deemed as an exclusive in that sense, but again this opens up doors and invites the playerbase to beg for all kinds of items that are currently not available, exclusives or not. I guess here is where it might be important for the Devs to chip in and draw a clear line moving forward to avoid further drama and the events of a loss in trust from parts of their playerbase.

Oh, by the way, just a slight correction. Players did pay for said "gift", they kept a paid a subscription for the game that was unable to be played for however long it was during the time of the hack. I can't remember how long it was down for. But there's that, atleast.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Only members can receive the Batman inspired mask. It will be account bound and non tradable. Exclusive gifts like this makes Membership more desirable, which is a good thing. I am glad for one, that they are looking at innovative ways of making Membership something valuable to those of us who are paying members.
    • Like x 2
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I do wish we could claim that stuff on other toons on our account if we have a few back from the hack characters. but the one i currently play was recreated twice since that time
  7. ¬Eternal Level 30

Am more interested in the upcoming special BB. You bringing exclusives back to game...10 years of booster gold cmon you see it a mile off them OGs
  8. L T Devoted Player

Just pointing out that it's actually been quite a while since anything has been labeled "exclusive" or explicitly "never coming back"

None of the recent booster bundles have carried that wording.
    • Like x 1
  9. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Can we get a track suit that matches Sneakers of Wrath/ Jared's Demonic Kicks?

[IMG]

10. mwhite1069 Level 30

Quick question, and be honest. When was the last time you wore it?
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Except it wouldn't be ten years. BBs haven't been in the game that long.
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

devils advocate here, but i think this is a hail marry pass to get subs back. i think they lost A LOT over stat clamp AND ppl just not "needing" them.

but honestly, i think it will work!!!

good luck to all you out there going to pick this one up!!!!
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mmhmm. I have no issue with stuff not labelled as "exclusive" coming back, so if the last few BBs haven't been labelled as having exclusives then I won't bat an eye if some of the stuff shows up again in the future, but if we are specifically told something is exclusive then that's when issues arise.
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

i would not be surprised if they ever bring back all the og auras and og cosmic back in the "special booster bundle" they have announced. be ready for major pitchforks :p
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

Oh yes, finally getting that mask!
    • Like x 3
  16. LoganCaron Active Player

Tkx..loss that head piece when i changed account..so yayyyy ill get it back loll...gives hope for other OG's to come back..like the OG Solar Aura:)
    • Like x 2
  17. Monel921 New Player

Very happy that devs are starting stuff like this. I dont see why old players are crying for that. New gen players deserves to have it also. Hope they bring back the og auras,mats for membership. Its a good idea.
    • Like x 2
  18. PolarisSylar Committed Player

That bat helm came with ” back from hack” feat.
    So is dcuo going bring now that feat to everyone?
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Will it allow Superman's 80th emblem to get the same special treatment?
    • Like x 2
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Boo............ they shouldn't be giving that mask. they have already given a close copy to players who wanted it
    • Like x 1