Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Subbed for year because of this now keep stuff like this coming
    • Like x 2
  2. jolaksi Well-Known Player

How easy for you to discredit the fact that you and your "loyal subscriber friends" rent(yes rent cuz nothing is owned by players in this game) and used this mask for 10 years and raise pitchforks when true owners of the mask decide to re-release it again? You payed money, you used it(or had oppurtunity to use) while majority of the players didnt.

Idk. It sounds like act of jealousy.
    • Like x 5
  3. Princess Cupcake New Player

Did you pay for it? No!
    Did you have to complete some elite content for it? No!
    Did you have to grind for it? No!
    Did you EARN it in any way? No!
    Are you satisfied having had it as an exclusive item for TEN YEARS? No!

Stop sooking!

(It would be fair to give a Destiny token to the people that already have this.)
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm okay with it.
    • Like x 4
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i've been aching for this style since i first saw it. funny thing is i don't think it would "work" for what I wanted and even if it did chances are you can't wear a heel with the pants anyway as it would cut off the hem.

I do think this is a waste of a texture and a silhouette though. I would actually love this without the stars and spangles just to have a different sleeve and pant in the game. I would also love to see the star and spangles turned into a chroma of its own.
    • Like x 2
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This community and its obsession with exclusivity cracks me up. It's like a girl in high school imagining someone else wearing the same shirt that she is and triggering herself. The things people care about, man.

Here's hoping the back from the hack feat accidently or otherwise gets tied to this cowl.
    • Like x 6
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hrmm. o_O

Well, the decision has been made so there's not a lot I can say or do about it. And it's not something I'd suddenly quit the game over. But I think it's a REALLY bad idea, especially with the history behind how and why the Batman-inspired mask was handed out in the first place.

Decisions like that are ones that can spark a lot of avoidable and unnecessary drama and strife, and we're already seeing the first hints of it here.
    • Like x 1
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Many of the players that were affected by the hack, simply dont play the game anymore. How does that benefit the game? I'll tell you: it doesn't. The devs have decided to move on and give current paying and supporting members a chance to get it. I'm sure the devs have crunched the numbers on the player count and weighted their options before deciding to go this route.
    • Like x 4
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope this means we get the elvis suit some day too:eek:
    • Like x 4
  10. Eve YouTuber

I'm indifferent about it. I can see both sides of the coin, and at the same time I don't think I will have a use for it either. But nice, nonetheless.
    • Like x 2
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

All these complaints from wonderful, amazing, faithful subscribers of 2011 who are so wonderful, amazing and faithful that they are willing to have public tantrums over a cosmetic item they got for free for doing nothing being given to paying members ten whole years later.

Could you be ‘faithful’ enough to consider subscriber numbers, and how important they are to the game’s health, in 2022? Or did faithfulness end as a thing in 2011?

You make it sound as though players in 2011 won some sort of war on whose efforts and sacrifices we all enjoy liberty and freedom. Let’s be honest, you happened to be playing DCUO when PSN got hacked. It wasn’t a wilful act of kindness that you started playing the same game again when it came back up. It was just circumstances. You played the game because you enjoyed it.

Thank you, now get over it.
    • Like x 5
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The issue is the Devs saying, "This will never, ever be offered again." and then going back on their word.

They have made these claims about other style items like auras and materials. Some which were only obtainable by spending real world cash in order to get them. (For instance: The materials which were part of $50-$100 package deals.)

Going back on what they said is a serious breach of trust. And puts under scrutiny any future exclusive item.
    • Like x 4
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

This isn't a pet...

• Like x 1
  14. Spyeedy Active Player

The Batman-Inspired mask may eventually be available on Doctor Fate vendor.
    We have seen this with the Helm of Nabu's Chosen style (from Sep 2021 member login reward) and the Lord of Chaos accessory (from Oct 2021 member login reward). ;) Who knows
    • Like x 3
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I can see both sides, as well, &, honestly, I couldn't give a monkey's. it's a Batman hat. I don't need a Batman hat. I didn't need a Doctor Fate hat, either. it's cool. as far as it's exclusivity goes, I don't care. those who got it have had the best part of ten years to not wear it. as long as they don't hand the feat out, it's fine, as far as I'm concerned.
    • Like x 4
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Serious question: If they gave us 2 monthly rewards this time to account for the ones who happens to already have the first item.... Would you be happy, or come here to still raise a point of "I got 1 of these and new players got 2 new rewards, gimme mah new exclusive"?

As far as the whole topic goes in general, this opens up doors and the forums will be PACKED with "gimme this/that old exclusive"-threads again. But hey, it is what it is.

It doesn't have to be a bad thing, but I personally can see it where the Dev's words start to mean nothing to some players were this "idea" to be something that continues on further. People can say what they will and use whatever excuse and reasoning they like to defend ole' goodies coming back into their grasp, but a playerbase losing trust in their game developers isn't very "healthy and wonderful" either. Just my 2 cents on it.
    • Like x 2
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

I think you make some interesting points. I’d be interested to know if it was ever stated by the developers that the Batman mask would never be made available again - therefore some issue of ‘trust’ having been definitively broken. If not, then I think ten years is a more than reasonable ‘exclusivity’ period in the context of gaming.

And I do see the OP’s point of view. It’s just the massive tantrum and the idea that other people who really want to look like Batman getting to wear a Batman cowl provoking such a dramatic reaction, that irks me. Like the above post says, it’s lamentable that people don’t demonstrate this level of vigour over constant crashes, broken PvP, scummy loot boxes, shrinking levels of content, and so on. Heck, I PAID FOR the rainbow movement mode for my superspeed character, it hasn’t worked for a very, very long time now, and i get angry about the direction of the game, not trivial cosmetic issues.
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok so I did some digging back to when the mask was first announced and the word "exclusive" was not used. From a purely technical standpoint, this is not the devs "going back on their word" if they never actually said it was exclusive. That being said, it's entirely possible we were told on the forums at some stage that it would never be made again, but finding such a post (if it even actually exists) would be much, much more difficult than finding the original posts about the mask being released.

Personally I am a bit iffy about it. I do have the mask on my PS account, but I've mained on PC since 2012 (where I don't have the mask), so this isn't me trying to keep the exclusivity or anything since the one I have is on an account I don't even use anymore.
    • Like x 2
  19. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I've slept on it and I've decided that I'm ok with it but I'm wary of the future to see what else they bring back.
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

The way I see it, it has less to do with the item in particular and more to do with the doors it opens, the sudden change in what is or is not an exclusive were this concept to continue on. Hence the "Standing by their word"-angle, whether it's 10 years or 10 minutes. Stuff like that has the potential to change the direction of the game aswell.

We'll see how far this goes, I guess.
    • Like x 2