Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

DOCTOR FATE'S DAILY REWARDS

March marks the beginning of spring, a time to look forward to a new year and back on springs' past. Or something. We will definitely skip down that nostalgia lane this month! Each day you log in this month (before April 1, 2022) unlocks rewards - from stabilizers and source marks to Fate and Destiny currencies.

This month's gear features the Enhanced Armored Detective Style, inspired by Red Robin.

Log in at least 21 days this month to claim your very own Batman-Inspired Mask, back from the...archives! Members only. This mask was one of the earliest Batman cowls in the game, and one that has been impossible to get for over a decade - and that's long enough. Welcome back, Batman-Inspired Mask!

Remember, you can subscribe to membership at any time this month to gain all of the member rewards you are eligible for.

So log in, reap the rewards, and have fun!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 22
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Huh. Wasn't the Batman-Inspired mask considered an exclusive? Very interesting development if so as it could open the door for other styles that had had that tag.
    • Like x 5
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Oooh, I like this change! Opens up other special styles.
    • Like x 8
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I love this! Finally they have found a way to monetize Membership to make it desirable. As a member this makes me very, very happy.

I can't wait to see all the various combinations of Master Chief with that helmet! We all know there are going to be some!
    • Like x 3
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Guess old exclusives are back on the menu, boys.

I think the only one that would irritate me is the Back from the Hack sweatshirt.
    • Like x 3
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Can we get the Impersonator Style as the day 21 reward next?

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  7. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Hmmmm. This is like a double kick in the d*** for those of us that were around to get the mask originally. We lose our exclusive item and get left out of the 21 day reward. Interesting route to take.
    • Like x 5
  8. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

they couldve atleast retextured it lmao. not lookin good man
    • Like x 2
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Interesting, so does that mean that about a decade or so is the limit on exclusive items?
    • Like x 5
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I won’t be wearing the Batman mask, so it makes no difference to me either way, but increased memberships support the game, from which we all benefit, and honestly, you make a valid point about the 21 day reward not being a new item to you, but your tantrum about other players getting access to a cosmetic item you and others have had for ten years doesn’t do you any favours. Maybe it was written in anger, and I don’t know you but I’d like to think most people are a little bit classier than that.
    • Like x 3
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Nothing like the best 21st day reward for my birthday month! I am REALLY excited for this style!

I approve this announcement!
    • Like x 3
  12. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

I guess the cat is out of the bag for the "very special booster bundle" that's due in the summer?
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm out two minds about this.

I love the status of my OG mask and the fact that we got it as a recoup for the Hack of 2011, but I get that not a lot of players are still playing from then. So it's nice that new players get to have this neat style as well.

What other "exclusives" are they going to release? I wonder is April will be the Two-Face eye mask. What about the Facebook exclusives?
    • Like x 3
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It will give the game something new (technically old), but will give those items a new life instead of being tucked away in old accounts, collecting dust.
    • Like x 2
  15. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Are we out of ideas?

I mean I have been a PAYING SUBSCRIBER for the duration of DCUO. So I HAD the Batman Inspired Mask because of the loyalty I showed to you guys (dcuo) from 10 years ago.

So you give away the Batman Inspired Mask to members, (which is terrible to us faithful subscribers) So I Lose…

Then you rob us of another Month of Rewards? Because we already have this Mask.

What’s Going On? Are we out of fresh Ideas? So we will just rehash everything?

Really not trying to be rude, but come on…. Really?
    • Like x 9
  16. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

So does this mean the gloves are coming off for Exclusive items? Cause I need that Pre-Order Batman please!
    • Like x 1
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The reactions will be entertaining
    • Like x 6
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Especially if the feat pops up when you put it on.
    • Like x 2
  19. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I keep hoping that something of actual originality appears in the daily rewards and other than the single accessory or styles the gear that has been provided has been a major letdown outside of the Enhanced Wardens Gear.

I understand there are those that may need the upcoming styles and that is fine because it does help those players, but it seems to me that all you are doing is continually blowing smoke instead of providing anything of substance.

Is there really any reason to keep subscribing for reissues of old gear and a few marks and ally favor?

This "program" is getting more and more uninspiring with each month. I can only pray that you are ever going to actually provide anything worthwhile with it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

I mean...if youre a Faithful subscriber then you get the Mask. Or does Subscriber not mean Member anymore and I missed that memo?

Also, speaking as one thats been here since 2011 and survived the Hack. i got my Hoodie and the Cowl. Do I lose that exclusivity feeling? Sure but I still have the hoodie that no one else can get and I have the Feat and Im sure you have those items as well. Now everyone can get this cool cowl and what looks like to be re-textured. Im not here to calm anyone's feels about it either. Forums are that place. But at the same time, they arent out of fresh ideas. We had some great new items as Monthly Rewards and some not so much. Keep in mind this is a new System/Feature still in its infancy. Show a little respect here is all i ask. You can literally look at the past Months of the Member rewards and they arent rehashes.

Now for March, we have an Exclusive Cowl now offered to all Members, still paying and faithful subscribers mind you, so there's still a sense of "exclusivity". Also keep in mind too, this is all planned. We have a new Batman movie coming out this Friday, March 4th. Batman Cowl March reward? Coincidence? So again, a little decorum and as another Faithful Subscriber. Thanks Devs, hope everyone loves the Cowl.
    • Like x 13