Speculation: The New Seasonal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Feb 16, 2022.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

With the announcement that we're getting a new Seasonal this year, I'm kind of stumped on what it might be.

It's listed under the July -> Future window, which might mean an Independence Day celebration. I've always wanted one, with Uncle Sam and the rest of the Freedom Fighters ... but DCUO is an international game, and I'm not sure other nations would enjoy it all that much.

We don't really have an Autumn seasonal (Witching Hour is more Halloween than Fall), but I'm not sure which characters might host it. Back to School with the Teen Titans?

Football Season?

Rabbit Season?
    Duck Season?
    Rabbit Season?
    Rabbit Season?
    Duck Season!
    (BLAM!)

Sorry, carried away there for a moment.

Anyways, any thoughts on what I might be missing?
    • Like x 8
  2. Eve YouTuber

I'm curious too. I need some hint, something xD
    • Like x 4
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew!
    • Like x 2
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Whatever it is, i'm sure it's gonna cost us a leg and an arm somehow.
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I would plotz.

In a good way. :D
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

The seasonals oh :
    1) stpatricks; since the rest of seasons of a onduty quest , finally have a ‘stpatrick onduty ‘ quest
    2) aprilsfool; we have openworld daily quest aprilsfools , & a onduty aprilsfool seasonal .
    3) save the universe;august; becomes a annual seasonal.
    4) a brand new seasonal ; in September
    5 )maybe the thanksgiving seasonal becomes a openworld daily quest & onduty quest
    …….all this is just a guessing.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m guessing Pride week but for 2 weeks
    • Like x 1
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

It's planned after Summer event but before the Halloween, if I'm reading it correctly.

What big international holidays are there in August/September? :confused:
    It also could be an original seasonal not tied to any real life celebrations. :oops:
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Well Batman day is in September and comic fans are all over the world I assume, so maybe it is a Batman themed seasonal?
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm guessing it'll be a July event lasting to August (when stu is expected to return), unless they're talking about stu becoming the new seasonal event.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It could very well be the STU event that they said would be coming. But if it is something unnamed than it would most likely be September/August (not confirmed). It really could be anything. I have to look back and see the wording they used. Did they say new event or new seasonal? If it’s an event than it doesn’t have to be tied to any major holiday. If it is a seasonal than maybe a full fall seasonal since they have spring summer and winter but no fall. Technically the fall seasonal we have not is actually the Halloween seasonal so I could see them doing a true fall seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

I also have a feeling that its save the universe with new heroes/villans to follow (or theme) with new gear hopefully or just the same gear at a higher cr? and new shiny stuff for ppl to grab.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  14. Aren Sul Committed Player

Since it's in the 3rd Quarter, the Fall Event listed would be the Halloween Seasonal.
    So, I'm going to guess that this "New Event" is tied to a DC Character and Batman Day is in September. Maaaaaybe something like Doomed Metropolis, but Gotham / Bat Family based? That's the only thing I can think of in September atm.
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would say it’s just the STU event again, but a July seasonal would be a good time for Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters:

[IMG]

An Uncle Sam model is already in the game; and they’ve got fireworks trinkets already in the game. They even now have Washington DC in the game

And personally, I would like seeing the modern Human Bomb. It’s a nice design:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Batman day, and September...

*In Starfire's voice*
    "Oh no, little Robin was running his mouth again and skipped school! Help Batman whoop his little disobedient buns back into shape and deliver him back to Gotham university."

Then we can accidentally beat his little rear end a bit too much. That sounds fun!
    • Like x 1
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Im with deity, save the universe makes the most sense
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Well... my birthday is at the end of July. Just sayin'...
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Labor Day makes sense for timing and I'm sure there could be some iconic DC characters associated with hard work/ unions/ the concept of "the worker"... maybe Steel?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Panderus said NEW seasonal event though (in all caps and bold) and then said old events were also returning. Unless he is trolling, I dont think its STU.