DCUO Development Update - February 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Feb 16, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice!

Just to confirm a few things.

Episode 43 will only contain one raid?

Will this raid have a critical (S5) version as well as event, regular and elite?

Otherwise looks nice, just make sure the launches are better than the last episode.

(Curious about the Spring and Summer Seasonals, I wish to make my ambitious Atlantean base happen that I have tried to finish for years, so will keep an eye out for what jaw dropping ideas you have)
  2. Snoopy Level 30

Same loving the new style and the future updates

Would also welcome all of these recommendations. The 400k limit on Prestige seems a bit dated and should be changed to reflect the unlocked older content. If I'm spamming older content for marks or styles would also like my earned Prestige not to go to waste because of the 400k limit. And if we can free place amenities in our bases that would be an awesome and very desired addition to the game imo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

If Dark Knights means awesome Perpetua styles or Metal Wonder Woman styles, then I'm here for it!! Don't do them dirty.

Very special Booster Bundle... a new Seasonal Event! Ohhh my head is spinning. I wonder, isn't Survival Mode considered an Event? Survival Mode: Season 3 - literally a "Seasonal Event." Charon did say SM was a maybe for the second half of the year. Hmmm. Or what if STU went the pseudo-Starro route - from random, maybe it'll come back thing to a fixed event every August or September with some new stuff?

A new feature, eh? Will it be a premium feature? Not gonna lie, this bit of information preemptively puts me on guard.

Kinda bummed about the PS5 client. It certainly ""feels"" like it's slipping away from 2022. Obviously there is still a lot of year left, but the language the team uses hasn't changed at all; they're simply working on it. No other descriptors, no goals or ideas shared, and the project continues to be in DCUO's "The Future."
    • Like x 2
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I kind of wish there was a least two raids per episode.
    Each raid brings more storyline tho
    • Like x 1
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've answered/explained most of this elsewhere on the forums so it's not a spoiler/secret. We ARE only doing one raid next time as we are training two new content designers and they are trained on open world, not instances. Baby steps for new hires.

The hope is for them to branch out in ep44 to do a solo and more open world content (yes, a solo is planned then for those asking about solos) and the more experienced designers can do the alert and raids (plural).

There will only be a Elite Critical (Elite 5) for now on and we're planning out details but it should be actually in On Duty menu instead of a terminal. It will likely launch after the episode like last time so there is more time to implement it. Investigating if we'll be able to do Critical for all elite content this time or if we need to hold off until the next DLC but there will definitely be one for this raid.

There are artifacts in development. Can expect one on PC Test in the nearish future that will be available for testing and possibly launch before EP43 but we'll see how that goes. There are more allies planned other than just Krypto. He will not be on a TC or tied to an episode but released on Cyborg. He will be a Rare Ally.

There are other features/QoL stuff we want to do this year but where it falls in the timeline is up in the air so it's not solidified in this letter but would be in future letters - stuff for leagues, cross faction enhancements, accessories, emotes, etc. all on the docket this year for investigation and implementation. Some may come in sooner, some later, some bit by bit.
    • Like x 23
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Accessory is the one true answer!
  7. Blight KOBRA Commander

And I wonder what this could be?! (fingers crossed)
    • Like x 1
  8. GLKenny New Player

Hi Charon, thanks for the clarification re: Solos. Glad to see they are not forgotten about, and even more glad to hear about new staff members! Hope they have a good time, and look forward to hearing more from then soon!
    • Like x 3
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Krypto a rare ally? You're gonna give him the Exo-Material passive, aren't you? Krypto, the exo-sniffing pooch, lmao!
    • Like x 1
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Okay. The new seasonal annoucement is pretty great and the new UI info is great as well. It's just really sad the next episode is one raid only, I hope it's a hell of a raid at least (anyway this time I'm ready to be disappointed lol).

Just a few questions:
    1) 6-player SM plans remain? Any plans to bring back old SMs?
    2) Any update on crossplay?
    • Like x 1
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Oh lmao, they 100% are. I just hope Krypto turns out to be one of the best allies in damage because I really want to use him and as a passive it doesn't matter if it's Krypto or idk, Captain Kruel
    • Like x 1
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah I was hoping for 1 raid with the dark knights and 1 raid fighting Perpetua + The Batman who Laughs so we could get a finish with multiple characters like in the comics
  13. CrashMode New Player

Returning player here (been like 3 yrs). Gotta say I love all the content n changes, mostly House of Legends and Daily Rewards. Styles are a little more accessible. Every villain n superhero needs to be an ally companion. Wish materials were more accessible, and account-wide, and also tintable like styles. Excited to be back!! Also: i'm a Ted Kord fan, but any Beetle is appreciated.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Personally I'm not a fan of Metal, storyline wise, so a little disappointed there as it seems to have taken up a lot storytelling the last few years , but that's subjective.

As for only one raid though, I'm happy with that.

I think it is important that daily content remains strong because that is ultimately what brings me back online every day, not just for a weekend blast.

I would rather have strong daily content, and 1 raid, than pressure cook in another raid that just ends up feeling hollow, especially moreso if that raid costs us smaller content.

I want to have a reason to play each day and have something to do and it is open worlds and small content that achieve it.

Thanks for the yearly plan by the way :)
    • Like x 6
  15. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Things that I wanted to see on the development board

New Power Sets
    New Iconic Powers (Actually, reintroduction of old Iconic Powers)
    Updating the Socket System
    Updating League Halls to include more amenities like character bank access and broker access
    Older Artifact Balance Pass

New Power Sets - Yes, something we have been told will not happen. Plans change...

New Iconic Powers - Even if new power sets are not a possibility, there are some of the old iconic powers that could be added nack to the game.

Updating the Socket System - The power related sockets within certain power sets are incompatible and do not complement artifact choices. There should be more choices of powers that can be accelerated, energized, or restorative. These choices should align with the power interactions and any bonuses provided from artifacts. The current choices for sockets encourage too much cookie-cutter power set builds.

Updating League Halls - Not having individual bank and broker access has always seemed like an oversight.

Older Artifact Balance Pass - Some of the older artifacts pale in performance when compared to later ones. Artifact selection should be about individualization of the character and not an equation to be solved. This is another area that encourages too much cookie-cutter character choices if one is wanting to be efficient.
    • Like x 4
  16. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

I thought that all this global story arc started with Deluge.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Please be sure to include a super pooper scooper for Krypto.

Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Happy about the new Seasonal and Krypto, intrigued by the new feature, excited for the Metal storyline to come to a conclusion.

All in all, looks to be a darn good year ahead.

(For the record, I'm still calling this episode DEATH METAL)

Edit: Any time frame on the Vendor that will remember all of the different styles we've collected when it comes to Orbitals, Backup, Supply Drops and the like? I could really use the space...
    That was in addition to the blockade that refused to allow any shipments from the south to the north.
    • Like x 1
  19. Achikah All About That Base

Everything sounds great!
    The new episode looks cool, and I'm super excited for another Lair theme AND the new seasonal, whatever it may be.

Also, since Krypto's going to be an ally option... does that mean maybe Teekl or Isis can be one the future? Or... dare I say, Dex-Starr?! My sorceress self needs my cat familiar to make an appearance.

Either way, awesome stuff! Can't wait to see as thing unfold.

Edit: Also, any information or time frame on Cheetah/ the base item vendor by chance?
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That is a no. Not because it's technically impossible, but because their platform partners (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) will not allow that. The best we can hope for if things get worked out Cross Platform play. There's been no official talk about that because the situation is still tricky.
    • Like x 1