DCUO is murdering my controllers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Whodini, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Whodini Well-Known Player

I'm on my 4th controller in the last couple of years (all official sony controllers).

I guess it's from regular wear and tear since I'm 100% not a controller slammer. The last 2 have been from the L2 button failing.

Anyone else having these issues?
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t think DCUO is at fault here. Nobody makes hardware to last anymore. Even Nintendo, once renowned for its indestructible products has blighted its reputation with its flimsy joycons.
    • Like x 2
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

You are like that bicycle meme where the guy puts a stick on the wheel and blames something else.

That's you. Right there.
    • Like x 1
  4. Whodini Well-Known Player

joking about the dcuo part...but it is the only game I play

more of an indictment on how controllers "ain't what hey used to be"
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Not sure how you’re on your fourth controller you’re not really being honest here either….. I played since the ps3 era and never once had to get a second controller. The only time I ever threw my controller was when I was a teenager two decades ago.
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I can totally see being on your fourth controller, honestly. I've been playing DCUO since launch and I've had to get replacement controllers in the past. I can't imagine ever doing something like throwing a controller, thought, even as a kid. Yikes.
  7. Whodini Well-Known Player

I'm not being honest? I've had 3 controllers crap out in the last 2 years. It has been either a button or two ceasing to register or drift on the joysticks.

My ps3 never had these issues. And I've only had these issues in the last 2 years. I don't know if build quality has declined or what.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've been on my same original 3 PS4 controllers for 6 or 7 years (about a year after the PS4 launched). I've got 1 that has a wonky stick on one side, and the buttons are worn to where there are no symbols on them anymore....and they only hold a charge for like 30-40 min (I rotate) but...knock on wood...they are still kicking after maybe 5 hours a day for those 6-7 years.

And I've never thrown mine....dropped maybe (generally as I nod off and it slips out of my hand), but not thrown.

BTW...anyone ever change the battery on a PS4 controller?....asking for a 'friend'.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I literally just ordered one an hour ago in the middle of TSDe. I went out early cause my character lunged in instead of using the L2 square power like I was trying to. I wanted to hold off and use the money towards a PS5 but I have no idea when I’ll be able to find one and my current PS4 controller issues have reached critical mass. :(

I typically have to replace my controller every 6-9 months. I never throw or slam my controller but they fall of my lap and crash to the ground a lot when I set them down to do something real quick. That actually got very frequent when I was using a BT keyboard to type and occasionally art swap.
    • Like x 1
  10. Whodini Well-Known Player

well I did mention in my original post that I'm 100% NOT a controller slammer by the way. Not sure if we're having a reading comprehension issue here or not.
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Sidenote: the build on the PS5 controllers is excellent. They might be my favorite controller type ever.
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It’s hard to comprehend that you say you’re not a 100% controller slammer but you’re on your fourth. Where are you buying your controllers from, the pawnshop?
  13. Whodini Well-Known Player

all my controllers were purchased new, genuine sony dual shock 4. I don't know what to tell you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'm on my third P4 controller, but that has more to do with the fact that I used to play Street Fighter for four hours a night. Between heavy use and and my actual physical size, it's not that hard to destroy even relatively well-made electronics.
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I mean, sure, Controllers aren't quite the class they used to be; their usefulness as batteries has waned in recent years, their CCs should scale with Dom, and their debuffs should be more effective, but I wouldn't say that DCUO is outright murdering us...

I'll let myself out.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Same, I'm on my 2nd controller. I didn't even realize my L2 bumper was worn down until I tried blocking in another game, wouldn't even register.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What exactly are you doing to cause the controllers that are brand new to be damaged if this is the only game you play? The only time I thought my controller was going to be messed up is when I’m spamming jackhammer repeatedly button smashing the square button, not once did I need to replace my controller let alone the fourth time and I been playing forever both on the ps3 and ps4. Here’s my concern with your post. You say you’re not a controller slammer, this is the only game you play, it’s your fourth controller. If it’s not the manufacturing fault nor yours then whose is it? You mention wear and tear well elaborate on that. Is the wear and tear from abusing your controller?
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

PS4 Controllers are crap. Not all of them, but a lot of them are. I don't slam my controller, and slamming wouldn't do anything to the buttons. My Square and Triangle are in the worst shape, which makes Celestial a pain in the rear with missed combos.

You've been lucky that your controller has lasted. The rest of us have not been blessed that way. Every day I keep debating between buying yet another one of these pricey pieces of garbage or just hold out hope that i'll be able to snag a PS5 soon. Don't be so dismissive or quick to call people out as liars.
    • Like x 1
  20. Whodini Well-Known Player

I made a statement about my experience with ps4 controllers...and then asked if anyone else was having controller issues. Didn't know I was gonna be put on trial by the court of controller abuse.

I'm glad you've had very durable controllers. I have not.
    • Like x 2