Downtime Server Downtime - February 10, 2022 - Game Update 121

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 121

All worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on February 10, 2022, to launch Game Update 120. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Game Update 120 features the Valentine's Day seasonal event (Love Conquers All) and the next Time Capsule.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 7
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 8
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Looking forward to the base items for this event! Looks great from the videos! Also hoping the new net-leggings will be available! (Really glad to see those returning/made new)
  4. Eve YouTuber

Finally a Dev stream, also Valentine's Event was waiting for the rewards desperately
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, I'm really curious what this ice storm orbital effect is going to be. I have the freeze beam, but one can never have too many ice orbitals...
    • Like x 4
  6. Eve YouTuber

Hold on, did I miss something? Ice Storm Orbital?
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I read it and probably glanced over Mister Freeze lol neat I'm hoping to drop it
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Finally a new Time Capsule.
    • Like x 3
  10. Siramez Well-Known Player

finally a new time capsule that i will skip and still keep opening QWARDIAN TIME CAPSULE for EFFING VOID ESSENCE REEEEEEEEEEEE rant over
    • Like x 1
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

Freaking finally, the new TC!

Brokering has been boring as of late. I need items to hunt; it's part of what keeps me engaged with DCUO. Now, the hunt begins anew!!
  12. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

an ice storm orbital? seriously hold your breath guys they didnt miss to do something BIIIG for mr freeze lol come on
  13. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Incase you don't read the forums... TC's are hated.
    • Like x 3
  14. Random Mind Dedicated Player

A new Time Capsule... Fantastic #Sarcasm

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yet they are in the top 3 best selling items in the marketplace alongisde bundles and RBs with a bunch of people making videos about them and wearing their items in-game. I don't go after TCs myself, but for something hated they are very well received by the average player.
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Um ... out of curiosity, which is it actually? I'd like to get the icing correct on the cake. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. DiscoSoupGL New Player

Man, just get it with Quarks.
    • Like x 3
  18. DiscoSoupGL New Player

Does this mean ultraviolet lantern emblem?
  19. Eve YouTuber

the doll skin will be in this capsule, so I doubt this is Lantern themed. Maybe in another capsule
  20. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

TC's are a cash grab... when you restrict feats behind them knowing people will be buying keys for them... ALL gear and feats should be obtainable without spending money... They are best selling b/c you can't get the items inside them when you want them without buying them unlocked or buying stabilizers... Thats like saying Gasoline is the best selling fuel in America... yea, b/c you can't go anywhere fast without it.

Honestly, I think also the 15 dollar subscription should go away just like Star Trek Online did... Make everything available to everyone at the same level. People will still (for some reason) pay for stabilizers and unlocked lockboxes, replays, styles, extra slots, etc... and with the right items / content people would pay alittle more for certain items that come up.
    • Like x 4